Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi I am Rawdon

This is a new sticky thread in the General Trading Chat forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.
-----------------------------------------------------
Hi I am Rawdon. I used to trade equities many years ago till i quit.
i havent traded for a while now and i want to return but feel lost.

i want to trade gold as it has broken out of a historic top, 20plus years and want to buy covered warrants. is there another way but not futures. options? etc to minimise risk.
With whom or where to trade as i am based in London.

I have used metaStock the early versions in the 1990s. now i hear different names. Is is still a good product. What is best to use now? I believe SystemWriter is unavailable now or is on subscription.

Also data feeds? Is IB free after the one off payment?

regards
rawdon

Hi I'm Stefano...I'm a students and I'm working to my final work for the university, intitled "Hedge funds replication strategies, new opportunity for investors"
I would like to know what a CTA is, cause I'm finding it frequently in the few paper I'm reading ?
Thanks
Bye

Hi I'm a postgrad student, and I've plonked 35K into a fresh IB account, looking to daytrade US stocks. Been paper trading for sometime now, and have been thoroughly humbled. Not really sure when I can begin for real.

Cheers

Mighty oaks from small acorns

35k? Gosh. I would be cutting my teeth on a demo account before risking that sum of money. And remember it's all about money management and discipline.

good post shadowninja

none of my business, just passing through...............

much less IMO to, if your demo profitable and fully auto = why that much, start slow and learn, if its 1st time with real money plan on doing one bank in, if you don"t = well done(y)= beware you still have things to learn in all probability, so double mind how you go :eek:

mighty oaks grow from tiny acorns

good luck and all the best :clover:

oh ye sorry I am the Pinkpig and I trade Ftse fut mornings only :LOL: odd afternoon if I get to run one longer than normal.

I've been using a demo account. If I can't knock a consistent profit on paper, then I got no business doing it with real money.

Thanks for the advice, only reason why I plonked 30+ in was because of pattern day trading restrictions.

I've done EOD trading before, and it didn't work out so well for me

Last edited:
hI everyone,
I am Nikos, live in Athens. For more than 10 years, I spend my time in Techn analysis. Civil engineer ( profession)

hey guys and girls, im roby barletta from cape town, south africa... am currently trading eur/usd and dax futures... have been using 4 hr delayed dax futures charts but unfortunately the portal i was using as gone offline with that option....would appreciate any assistance on finding delayed/free dax charts that have 4 hr time period...cheers

Hi folks-

I'm brand new to stocks/trading and am just hoping to learn some of the basics of technically how it works. So please bear with me and my newbie questions!

From all indicators RSI .....IS THE ONE. USUALLY IS A LEADING INDICATOR i.e aline is broken in rsi before the same line is broken in stock. Divergence also is very important

hey guys and girls, im roby barletta from cape town, south africa... am currently trading eur/usd and dax futures... have been using 4 hr delayed dax futures charts but unfortunately the portal i was using as gone offline with that option....would appreciate any assistance on finding delayed/free dax charts that have 4 hr time period...cheers

Hi Roby,

futuresource.com | Futures & Commodities Quotes, Charts, News & Analysis has a good charting package and is free. You can go down to 1 min charts and is delayed by 15 mins when market is open

Sign up for the premium charts then u can view OHLC by hovering your mouse over chart
Hope this helps

cheers,
Leonie
Perth (West Australia)

Hi Everyone

Hello there

I am autopips and i trade spot forex since 2006 with good ups and horrifying downs...however i am more than determined to do well in forex despite the setbacks as i believe one day i will be very successful.

Currently I am auto testing on a system i called Autopips-Demark Trendline Break Trading System on H1 timeframe on multiple currencies using an Expert Advisor written by my partner. I have had some positive pairs coming out of this testing...

GBP/CHF
3,216 pips in December 2007
2,543 pips in January 2008

Please PM me if you know how i did it.

Hello everyone!

My name is Diana, and I have been trading the fx market since December. I enjoy trading the 1H time frame, though it has proven quite tricky for me to do so while attending high school.

I go to Mark Twain International school here in Romania, and hope to get accepted to Cass University after graduating in 2010.

Although I am only 16, I hope to open a real account in about one year. So far I have been doing quite good, with no significant losses and steady gains. In December I opened a demo account with $2,000 and am now at $5, 324. Perhaps this is "beginners luck", I do not know, but I will try to keep it up.

Happy trading everyone!

Intro Hi

Hi :D

Paul here 32 from U.K Merseyside.

Very interesting forum, I try not to come on here to much,otherwise I'll be on here for hours on end lol,fantastic site .Property & Forex trading is my passion. Trading for last 3 years or so testing various systems & markets in that time mostly Futures.But In the last year I've submerged myself into Forex market,and now monitor & trade Euro/Usd pair .Only really concentrate on 7am & 8am gmt window of oppurtunity.Mostly use technical analysis & indicators macd,stochastics,emas only determine trend, using combination of higher level charts to gauge price together with monthly,weekly,daily pivots.On screen set up 4hr,1hr,30min,15,charts mostly looking candle formations and trendline breaks.Like to keep my trading as simplistic as possible.Hope everyone has prosperous year !happy hunting!

Regards
Paul

Last edited:
hi

hi guys just joined your team today. i graduated as a medical doctor but 8 years back quit medicine and started full time day trading the e-mini dow index futures. ever since its been my bread and butter.

Hello everyone!

My name is Diana, and I have been trading the fx market since December. I enjoy trading the 1H time frame, though it has proven quite tricky for me to do so while attending high school.

I go to Mark Twain International school here in Romania, and hope to get accepted to Cass University after graduating in 2010.

Although I am only 16, I hope to open a real account in about one year. So far I have been doing quite good, with no significant losses and steady gains. In December I opened a demo account with $2,000 and am now at $5, 324. Perhaps this is "beginners luck", I do not know, but I will try to keep it up.

Happy trading everyone!

Hi Diana

good post

"Burn the bridge.
Nuke the foundation.
Back yourself up against a wall.
Have an opinion one way or the other.
Get off the fence and rip it up.
Cut yourself off so there is no going back.
Once you're committed the truth will come out.
You ask about security?
What you need is uncertainty.
What you need is confusion;
something that forces you to reinvent yourself.
A whip to drive you harder."
Mark Twight

16 yrs old :eek:

all the way for you girl, whichever route you decide on (y)

good luck,:clover: don"t think your going to need it, but have a bit anyway

hi everyone,
i'm new here and would like to ask few questions if that's ok
as u will see from my questions my knowledge is a bit limited so appologises for that
many thanks in advance
*how many of u actually trade at home full time ?
*how many of u trade for a firm ?
*can u make a profit of £100/day easily (when trading at home)?
*do u know if it is possible to visit the london stock exchange ?
*what is the difference between trader & stockbroker ?
*what is the name/profession of the guys u normally see shouting on tv or newspaper ?
*for those dealing at home what software do u use ? is it expensive ?

My name is Joe. 19 years young and I first got my head around this game after relizing in the past 2 years, I've been getting what seemed like "clues" that this is a career path that was fit for me, my personality and my financial future. I've ignored and tried other ventures until July 4th, 2007.
ridiculous hours studying and about 3 months later I went live in Oct 07 before blowing about 75% of my account up in 2 trades 5 minutes within each other. Needless to say, I was not happy about it, ironically was not angry either.
Worked my ASS off at my current job and refining my pschy, built my stake again, am doing hella very well for myself. I am exactly where I imagined myself to be financially, now I have no where else to go but "up"

I am blessed :)

Hi All

Im Alain i live in JHB South Africa, 44 years old, i mainly trade the South African market (JSE) trading shares and single stock futures, thought id give SB a go and see where it takes me, must say have learned a lot on this forum which i intend to use in trading applications and SB, thanks for a great site.(y)

New to site spot FX trader

Hi Forex Traders,

I'm new to this site, but have been trading for 16 years.

Trade spot forex using Metatrader 4 charts and Oanda asa broker due to the typically low spreads (they are variable) and instant execution. Also some stock options and leaps.

Used to scalp NASDAQ at the trading firm where I helped launch Canada's first Level II direct access.

Would be open to meeting forex traders in the Oakville (Toronto) or Saint Lambert / Outremont (Montreal) areas. Well experienced only please as I bring a lot to the table too.

Cheers, Don

I am a eager forex learner. i have bought have forex trading courses, Steve nison Profiting in Forex 4dvd, Forex Profit Accelerator,Hectortrader, Raghee Winner Circle,Cecil Robles Fundamental Traders, Woodies CCI club dvds...