Sticky Introduce Yourself

How is life in Bali?

Hi everybody , I'm a new member .
I would like to introduce myself , I live in Bali (Indonesia).
I'm interested to learn more about trading system (& technical analysis) base on "Price Action" .
If anyone in this forum can share the idea , I would like to say thank you in advance , I appreciate it.
Thank's ,
jim

Hi Jim,

How is life in Bali? Looks like an awesome place to live. Regarding price action there is a ton of stuff on the web but most is garbage. Price Action doesn't only deal with the chart but also the Supply and Demand health of the market if looked at properly. It is truly a great window into seeing what side of the market one should be on.

Hi Jim,

How is life in Bali? Looks like an awesome place to live. Regarding price action there is a ton of stuff on the web but most is garbage. Price Action doesn't only deal with the chart but also the Supply and Demand health of the market if looked at properly. It is truly a great window into seeing what side of the market one should be on.

Hello Jonathan,

I'm a very novice trader and currently am trading stocks but started out in forex. I'd like to know more about your insight on supply and demand and how to read the data properly and/or good sources of information.

Hi everyone! My name is Desmond from sunny island Singapore :) I have been following trade2win for the longest time and only recently decided to finally start participating in the discussions here.

This place is an absolutely wonderful place and I hope to make it my second home :)

That's great news

Hello Jonathan,

I'm a very novice trader and currently am trading stocks but started out in forex. I'd like to know more about your insight on supply and demand and how to read the data properly and/or good sources of information.

Great to hear you are expanding your trading.

It is very hard to find anything supply and demand related that actually works in Forex unless you are trading Futures on Forex. The supply and demand edge in futures is found in the Depth of Market (one with a time and sales in it). T4 CTS Cunningham Futures, Transact Futures are 2 different reliable platforms for this. I use both with success. My insight would be to open up a market depth and stare at it until it starts to make sense and abstain from staring to much at charts. Charts are great dealers of Bias and subtract from the supply and demand edge. As for good sources of information you could look into Behavioral Finance and get an edge on the psychological aspect of trading. After all the market is traded by 100% of humans and the Psychology that comes with it. Tons of good stuff is on the web on this subject.

Last edited:
Great to hear you are expanding your trading.

It is very hard to find anything supply and demand related that actually works in Forex unless you are trading Futures on Forex. The supply and demand edge in futures is found in the Depth of Market (one with a time and sales in it). T4 CTS Cunningham Futures, Transact Futures are 2 different reliable platforms for this. I use both with success. My insight would be to open up a market depth and stare at it until it starts to make sense and abstain from staring to much at charts. Charts are great dealers of Bias and subtract from the supply and demand edge. As for good sources of information you could look into Behavioral Finance and get an edge on the psychological aspect of trading. After all the market is traded by 100% of humans and the Psychology that comes with it. Tons of good stuff is on the web on this subject.

Jonathan,

First, thanks for the advice in your reply i will certainly research it. But I've found forex like stocks to require a balance of technical and fundamental analysis but as for stocks I'm looking for a place to start building a solid foundation for an understanding of what data to look at and how to properly analyze it.

Regards,
Matt

Jonathan,

First, thanks for the advice in your reply i will certainly research it. But I've found forex like stocks to require a balance of technical and fundamental analysis but as for stocks I'm looking for a place to start building a solid foundation for an understanding of what data to look at and how to properly analyze it.

Regards,
Matt

Perfect! Sounds like you are off to a great start in your ambition to work in the stock market. I wish you much success.

Perfect! Sounds like you are off to a great start in your ambition to work in the stock market. I wish you much success.

I was hoping you'd throw me a bone on where to start but the wishes are most appreciated. By the way, I wasn't looking for a holy grail but a good starting point :).

Regards,
Matt

I was hoping you'd throw me a bone on where to start but the wishes are most appreciated. By the way, I wasn't looking for a holy grail but a good starting point :).

Regards,
Matt

I only trade Futures and Commodities but started in stocks 13 years ago. I would advise reading Jessy Livermore and some Richard Wyckoff books to get ya thinking. You are going to want to research a decent feed for level 2 and Time and Sales for stocks, it will help you with the supply and demand side. It will take a while but that's where I would start.

Hi!

I'm a software engineer hoping to learn about mathematical formulas/ algorithms used to predict cyclical trends in forex markets and automated trading techniques.

Of particular interest to me would be strategies I could apply to trading cryptocurrencies or real-world stocks/commodities through brokers that provide API access.

Any tips on where I could start?

Thanks!

Good evening!

I am currently a trader in training - all self taught at this point. I have a full time job as a chemist but aspire to be a full time trader within the next two years. Due to the pattern day trader requirements and settlement times I am focusing my training on day and swing trading options from a cash account. All (or almost all) of my trading thus far has been paper trading, though I have been actively managing my IRA and have done some short term swing trades in that account.

Most of my options paper trading has been in SPY, GLD, AAPL, AMZN, and FSLR. I have focused on these because they tend to provide decent profit opportunities most days, have a very liquid options market and thus have manageable spreads (usually). For the most part I trade on technicals only, focusing on bounces and break outs off strong support and resistance, as well as momo trades.

Moving forward, I am currently focusing primarily on three things - 1) discipline - plan my trade and trade my plan, 2) strategy development - identifying the best co-indicators to help with entry and exit signals, and 3) options master list - creating a diverse group of 40-50 stocks/etfs with liquid options markets and tight spreads.

I realize that paper trading is not an effective way to learn to trade live. However, it has helped me learn how options markets move, has illustrated some of the pitfalls of options like volatility crush, loss to the bid-ask spread, etc, and provided a rough understanding of how to use options greeks to my advantage.

As I said above I am completely self-taught, the world of finance scared the hell out of me and I took no interest in it. However, I was sick of busting my ass 9-5 every week day and getting flat returns (or negative inflation-adjusted) and have always had my mind on finding a job that would reward me, rather than the owner or CEO, for my input. I started managing my IRA actively earlier this year and when I did I realized that understanding the markets does not require an econ degree or an MBA or a CPA or anything else aside from desire to learn. And learn I have, with an absolute mountain of learning still ahead. Hopefully these forums can help me up.

Thanks!

Introduce yourself

Hi my name is Michelle, I work for a trading floors in Brentwood, if anyone is interested we do beginner and advanced blogs as part of a mail out if that would help with any of your enquiries.:)

Hey Guys

I have decided to get back into SB - I remember this was the place to be to hang with like minded trading folk. So I am back!

Paul / 29 / London / Novice.

Reason for coming back to the world of trading was me stumbling across my old blog. spreadbet500.blogspot.co.uk

Holla!

Last edited:
Hi guys just wanted to let you know that I am fairly new to trading (not totally) and I wanted to learn more about stocks especially related to bitcoin and stuff like that

Hi Laurafernandiz, I am new trader, have you advice of any signal service...
Thanks in anticipation...