Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi Guys,

I am a forex trader mainly trading the majors- EUR/USD/JPY/CHF. I am currently living in London and have been working for a prop house until December 2012, when the managers decided to close down the fund. I have a successful track record on my own account and was just starting to make money at my ex job in the prop house, just before they shut it down. Indeed, my system is quite reliable and last two weeks it had a spectacular performance- 310% return. The problem is that I am trading with a small amount of money, which are still not enough to cover for my living expenses. After my last job (at the prop house), I haven't had any other corporate experience and I have been pretty much trading for my own account. I have had several interviews with other prop houses and some of them offered me a place if I put some money on the table- money which I don't have at the moment. At the same time, I really urgently need a job and feel that finding another trading job could take ages even with a good track record, since almost nobody is hiring right now. That is why, I am in front of a huge dilemma- whether to take any job whatever it is- even a marketing job and leave trading for now, when I have finally built a successful trading system (technical+fundamental+psychology). If I choose that way, I would feel like I have wasted my last 4 years of research and trading experience, but the ugly reality is that I won't be able to support myself financially otherwise. Although my general impression was that I would easily find a job in other financial sectors, it appears that banks in general do not appreciate people coming from a trading background, since I have applied to other fields like Risk, Private Equity, Research, etc. and had zero success. Despite everything, my greatest passion is trading and that is what I want to do for a living and I have the proof I can do it if only I had someone backing me up. But since, that is not happening and the time is passing very quickly, I would appreciate to hear what other people who have walked in my shoes have on mind.

Thank you for your response,

Cheers,
Atanas

Hi Atanas,
I am really sorry for your situation and I hope you find a way out.

I have been trading just for one year and It seems I am not so bad.
I love trading and I would like to do it as job. At the moment I trade for a small funds, but I would like to become a Trader with Capital T, but I don't know from where to start. I read a lot about these prop firms but it's not clear to me how they work and how much are they reliable. Could you please give me some more infos on how you started there and other practical suggestion to become a trader?

Cheers!

Hello all. I'm to total virgin noob to the stock game. Was just layed off after 25 years working on the US space program. Will be roaming to soak up as much knowledge as possible.

Hey folks. Just joined yesterday. I've visited this site before but never thought to join until recently. Anyway, I've been trading for about 4 years now. I'm not rich yet, but I'm working on it. LOL I'm finally getting to that point where everything is starting to gel in a meaningful way. I mean, there is a lot to learn if you're going to take this seriously. Technical analysis, fundamental analysis, global macro fundamental analysis, economics and monetary policy, the list goes on and on...

I trade forex but got my start in stocks after the crash of '08/09. After starting forex though, there's no way I can go back to stocks unless down the road I decide to sink 50 grand into some blue chips to collect dividends or something. I got spoiled by the London session and trading stocks during NY is kind of a snoozer for me. I like being able to trade multiple sessions, and you can't beat the liquidity and overall flexibility of the forex market. In my opinion anyway...

Anyway, see you guys around. Happy trading.

Hi I'm from the US, and I am happy to join this forum, hope you all help me because I am trying to learn about trading and Forex.

Hi, I'm from Singapore. I am happy to be part of Trade2Win. I hope to learn more from anyone.
I trade the Singapore market.

I hope I will get support from experts to make profit in online trading. As far I played with Accendo Markets. I will really appreciate if some one can help me to find some good online broker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Group:

Steve from the good old US of A here wanting to learn all about trading binaries. My head is filled with uncertainty. Too many brokers, most using the SpotOptions engine. Too many trading styles and systems. Too many mentiones of withdrawal problems, and the word scam everywhere.

I am determined to sift through tons of information and find a reputable broker and successful trading strategy that will make money. After all, isn't what we are all in this forum to do?

Hello,
My name is David and I am looking into day trading. I just started reading some books. I don't know what I am interested in but I am open to reading and exploring some options.

Hellow, I am Ramzi from Dubai UAE
I am very happy with one broker very good MT4 low spread ECN account but not yet regulated from Bulgharia they are in the way but because iam going to invest gig fund for me and others i want to be sure if possible

Hello everyone, I've joined T2W today after finding it on Google yesterday.

I'm a 52year old Brit, living in Sainte-Maxime in France. I trade part time in the evenings fairly successfully after a few false starts over the last couple of years and I have joined T2W to increase my knowledge of the markets and how to trade them with a view to hopefully doing it full-time in a few years time.

All the best, Geoff.

Hello. I'm a long term equities investor who has dabbled with currency trading twice. Both times, I opened an account with $500. When a trade or two went against me reduced my account by $100 or more, I withdrew the balance and closed the accounts. I gave up quickly and called myself foolish for trying. Seeing an ad for a prop shop renewed my interest and I am going to take a more studious approach if I try again.

Just dropping in to say howzit from Auckland,New Zealand! Anyone else from here that's on this forum? I have been trading the markets for over a year now. The biggest issue for me is trying to find a reputable broker. Not a easy task! I am very interested to learn to scalp the markets as I enjoy the thrill and fear factor involved with short term trading(Yes, i'm well aware it's very risky) I usually stick to the 4 hour and daily charts and I mostly look at price action and support and resistance lines for trades..

If anyone is keen to share scalping trading ideas and broker recommendations...please do.

I am also looking at learning to trade the futures markets as it is more regulated than the forex market and there are no bucket shops like you get in the forex world!

Keep well and all the best! :)

Hi,

This site looks like a great source of information, help and advice. After thinking about it for so long, I have started looking into trading seriously, I have been researching the market in FX CFD's for about 6 months part time.

I now want to learn about FX Forwards, FX Futures and FX options. Can anyone recommend any good books, good online sources or a good mentor?

Zia