Sticky Introduce Yourself

I am new comer on this community.I just joined today.
A friend tell me about this site and i see is really good.
I hope can share so many things with you people.

Hello there! I am Elaine Smith from Los Angeles, Ca, newbie here. Just want to say hi to all the members out there. So glad to be here. Thanks ;)

Hey all. Great to be here. Been trading just over six months and so far so good. Looking to ramp-up my knowledge and take this full-time. Looking forward to learning and also sharing.

Hello fellow Newbies and everyone else!

My name is Nic, I am from Canada (Quebec), and I guess I am here because I am tired of selling my soul to the man. I am not afraid of hard work, but I like to do it on my terms. I have taken a finance course from Athabasca University and I own a condo that I rent out as an investment property. I also have a little bit of money aside, and I would like to learn how to invest and see it grow.

Hi All,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Steve from UK. I've recently been looking into starting spread betting with Capital Spreads, I have little experience but i'm willing to learn. Obviously i'm after success :) . I've been practicing with a demo account and doing my own research for my bets (AAPL, UK 100, gold) and i'm making a 'profit'. I've been introduced to this all by a friend who's been doing it for three years.

I'm looking forward to learning from some of you!

Hello. Been lurking for years. I am in the US. I have an account with Oanda that I have had for several years, but only trade small (very small) amounts and not frequently. I am trying to learn and be a more active trader in 2013. -Thanks

Hi everyone, I am sinha....new to forex world. Want to start with some easy but profitable strat to proceed. I am not in hurry to make myself millionaire in a quick way...but willing to start with solid footings. Please advice me......thanks

Hi I'm interested in Hong Kong and China stock trade. I'm also happy to join the forum and able to conversations with everyone. Happy New Year!

I just joined a little over a week ago. I have signed up for a forex broker and have a real time account. I started trading today for real and so far I have 60 cents in profit. I have made some losing trades as well. This is a challenging market, but I consider it worth it.

well i'm new to this site got looking in here as fat prophets, came up on a google search
and was thinking of signing up with them, not so sure now, no good reviews

Soon-to-be wife of a currency trader. He's been trading for two years, and has now made it a point to be full-time. I'd like to understand more of what he does on a day to day basis without disrupting his chi, how to be actually supportive without just saying so and create a positive home life to promote a better trading strategy for him. Advice welcomed! :)

Soon-to-be wife of a currency trader. He's been trading for two years, and has now made it a point to be full-time. I'd like to understand more of what he does on a day to day basis without disrupting his chi, how to be actually supportive without just saying so and create a positive home life to promote a better trading strategy for him. Advice welcomed! :)

Aha! I am happy to answer this one.

First of all, congratulations on asking. This is what he needs - support. So here are my thoughts:

Trading is a lone wolf business, and a lonely business. The very nature of it demands that you do your own thing and not be unduly influenced by tips, opinions, even news. This makes it a lonesome trail. There's nothing for you to do with regard to this; just be aware, but don't even think about becoming a part of it for now. (n)

If he is day trading, he needs absolute uninterrupted time - with no exceptions, except true emergencies. Even if he's swing trading, he needs time to concentrate on the next trading plan. Give him that space. :sleep:

No matter how good he is, there will be periods of consecutive losses. This is very difficult for a trader to deal with, not to mention the stress it may place on you. However, it is normal and an unavoidable part of trading. Have patience. :whistling

Most people who try to do this for a living fail. They lose money. Most of his and your friends and acquaintances know this and may be naysayers. You will have to put up with that, if it happens. Don't let them discourage you. Given enough time and education, anyone can learn to trade for a living. It all depends on your commitment, willingness to press on, and depth of your pockets. :D

As for what he will be doing, that depends on his trading philosophy and methodology. But regardless of what that is, he will probably be looking at a lot of charts, spending a lot of time at his computer, and doing a lot of analysis of one kind or another. :smart:

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more specific questions.

Aha! I am happy to answer this one.

First of all, congratulations on asking. This is what he needs - support. So here are my thoughts:

Trading is a lone wolf business, and a lonely business. The very nature of it demands that you do your own thing and not be unduly influenced by tips, opinions, even news. This makes it a lonesome trail. There's nothing for you to do with regard to this; just be aware, but don't even think about becoming a part of it for now. (n)

If he is day trading, he needs absolute uninterrupted time - with no exceptions, except true emergencies. Even if he's swing trading, he needs time to concentrate on the next trading plan. Give him that space. :sleep:

No matter how good he is, there will be periods of consecutive losses. This is very difficult for a trader to deal with, not to mention the stress it may place on you. However, it is normal and an unavoidable part of trading. Have patience. :whistling

Most people who try to do this for a living fail. They lose money. Most of his and your friends and acquaintances know this and may be naysayers. You will have to put up with that, if it happens. Don't let them discourage you. Given enough time and education, anyone can learn to trade for a living. It all depends on your commitment, willingness to press on, and depth of your pockets. :D

As for what he will be doing, that depends on his trading philosophy and methodology. But regardless of what that is, he will probably be looking at a lot of charts, spending a lot of time at his computer, and doing a lot of analysis of one kind or another. :smart:

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more specific questions.

Much thanks for the reply and advice.

I try not to divulge in the details of his trading life, I have accepted that it is his mistress. Luckily I am in the technology field so I am as glued to the computer as he is, if not more. I'm an only child, so being alone is not only welcomed, but needed. :clap: The absolute silence without interruption is one I will constantly battle because I actually like talking to him. We do not have children, and are still on the fence, I believe I'm going to take this year to see if children should be an option for us and his trading will weigh heavily on that decision.

He's been trading for the last two years and has worked hard to pass all the series tests to become a managing partner. (Excuse my lack of proper trading terminology). I am so proud of him, but I know this full-time decision is going to be life changing for both of us...good and bad.

I've read so many horror stories about failed marriage, relationships and bitter families that I'd like to see how we can start on the right foot. Figured this be a good place to learn :eek:

Thanks again!

P.S. I know, this place isn't for the wives of traders, so I'll go back to lurking. (y)

Last edited: