Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi,

After just coming across t2w for the first time today I have decided to just register as a new member on the forum.

I have been interested in the Forex market for many years now and over the past 4 years I have been studying, testing and back-testing in the market.

I believe I have developed a good trading style, strategy and skill. And have had great success in demo accounts. And I have just opened up a live account and its doing very well!

I am interested to get chatting with people who understand the market. And I would love to turn my 'part-time obsession' into a career. I am on the look out for an investor/partner/ company to take further.

I look forward to the chat!

Hai, all..hello,
hope i can learn something fm this group
by the way happy trading n hope u all enjoy ur trade
:)

Hi my name is Peter I am new to trading and also new to forums and how they work so please have patience as i muddle my way around the site thank you can any one suggest an easy dummy type guide to reading candle charts they are probably on the site already but as i explained i am new to this kind regards Peter

Hi I am new to this. On the web I am known as Gennaker, because of love of sailing. I have been trading for over five years. I have tried several different methods and early this fall I started using something that really works for me. I am up over 200% in the last few months. (you can see my trades on Collective2.com). Not all of my trades are winners and I need to improve my money management skills. In the years to come, I plan making videos and helping others to learn to trade.

Geurillatrader - advice for beginners

Hello,

I'm a part time trader, wih fantasies (as I'm sure a lot of us do) of going pro. I've been trading for about 4 years, mostly bank stocks and Traded options. I have never used Spread betting, CFD's, ETF's or anything else where you can lose more than your stake.

When I make a trade I always ask myself 'can I afford to lose this money' and strongly believe that everyone should follow this advice.

I am currently holding a big chunk of Lloys shares that are hedged with traded options.. I strongly believe we are going to have some ground breaking developments in the euro crisis within the month.

Geurillatrader.

Been reading T2W for Years...

After sitting on the sidelines and reading T2W for quite some time, I've decided to be a contributor. I've collected quite a few tools over the past 7 years, and can probably shed some honest light on some of these things (will try to be objective as I can). Here is a list of things I've been working with:

1. TradeStation
a. Jurik Tools for TS
b. Hawkeye tools for TS
c. Zunaa tools for TS

2. NeuroShell
a. Noxa CSSA and NEI
b. Bowfort Waves and ZeroLag
c. NS Advanced Indicators (several add-ons)
d. Cybernetic Analysis

3. ChaosHunter

4. NinjaTrader

5. MetaTrader

6. AmiBroker

7. NeoTicker

I've also used SierraCharts in the past, but not at this time.

This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
First Steps
Hi every one;

I am new here and been trading on and off since 2004 with no success. Now, I work full
time and like to start trading as side job after work.

I live in Toronto and get back home from work at 5 PM, and thinking I only can trade Forex, I used to trade E mini S&P during first two hours at market open.

Is any body here trade Forex for living, please advise.

Happy traders:)

Hi I'm new here, and I've already gleaned a lot of knowledge from these forums. I've been looking at systems such as Vince stanzionnie and Guy Cohen, but thanks to checking here first I haven't parted with any money.
One thing that I have a problem with here is reading the comments, for some reason the end of the sentences don't appear on my screen, but I've still managed to read a lot especially about those two gentlemen. This is a great forum:)

Hi I'm new here, and I've already gleaned a lot of knowledge from these forums. I've been looking at systems such as Vince stanzionnie and Guy Cohen, but thanks to checking here first I haven't parted with any money.
One thing that I have a problem with here is reading the comments, for some reason the end of the sentences don't appear on my screen, but I've still managed to read a lot especially about those two gentlemen. This is a great forum:)

Hi jorvik,
Nice meeting you here. People here are nice and friendly. So, don't hesitate to share your thoughts,experience in fx. Hope to hear from you soon :)

From sunny Singapore! Hope to be able to learn from experience traders here at T2W.

Hi nice meeting you here. If you have questions just leave a message here. People here are nice and friendly. So, don't hesitate to ask questions here. Hope to hear from you soon... :)

Thanks Cortney.
Currently I'm still trying to pick things up. looking for an edge, which I think may be looking at volume of trades and the moving average.also some seasonality. I know for example that Gold is seasonal and depends a lot on the Indian Wedding season, because Indians like to invest in high quality Gold jewellry, and then the price goes up..still having trouble viewing the whole replies though, does anyone else have this problem?
The end of the line doesn't appear so I have to guess at some of what is said

Hello,

I'm from India and currently trade Zinc on the MCX exchange using the EMA 315 trading strategy (on half hour charts) that I recently found in a forum. I got started with trading while demo trading forex over a year back.

I'm looking forward to joining international traders in the commodities segment (Copper, Zinc, Lead, Coffee, etc...)

Hello all, I have just joined this forum, can anyone help me with trading the FTSE and how I can master support levels ? Ray

Greetings,

I have been trading for about two years; I can barely make enough money to pay for my subscriptions. Sometimes I wonder if it is possible to make living day trading. Any recommendations for books or trading room to join would be greatly appreciated.

Hi everyone!

My name is Ben, I'm relatively new to trading, however I've done all the reading up for quite some time now.

I'm also currently a [mature] student, studying International Business and I'm hoping to start up my own small trading firm after I've built a fair bit of experience from trading for myself and have become more familiar with 'the game' and how to utilise it into a successful business structure (as well as help fund the business later down the line).

Would love to get the opportunity to meet people on a casual/informal basis and get to know peoples personal experiences in trading and generally be a bit more social in what I know to be as a sometimes lonely environment at times.

Feel free to add me too on Skype saying that you saw my post here (otherwise I may just assume you to be a spam profile) or if you use Google+ you can find me as Ben Egan if you want to follow me and I'll be more than happy to follow you back.

In a stereotypical point of view, assuming that most traders on here are roughly from the age of 30<. I may seem very young at 22 years old, but I consider myself to be quite mature for my age and pretty friendly too and if your around or below my age then that's awesome also.

I look forward to potentially hearing from/meeting people! :)

Hello All

I found this site very informative as a newbie.......

I plan to read this site for next 6 months without any trading account as many have suggested ...develope a strategy and then open an account ....

Thanks
S

Hi fellow traders,

I'm Bob, a trading beginner hoping to make some money spread betting the S&P index.

I've been practising intensely using a demo account for about 1 month and am finding the True Strength Indicator very useful by placing my trades when it's at an extreme value, i.e. either too high or too low; anyone else tried this?

I'm also trying "trade the trend", buying on dips at the moment.

All I seem to hear recently is people talking about a new mega-crash or something equally ominous happening soon - am I the only one who thinks the markets could end the year at a record high?!

Bye for now
Bob