Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi, I am a full-time trader who started my career in 2009.
I feel that counting elliott wave is sometimes very puzzling. If we use the 15 minutes time frame, i get one result. if 60 minutes time frame is used,i get another result.
is there a "best time frame" in reading the candlesticks? if YES, what can the best time frame for an overnight trader(overnight trader means buy the stocks today and sell it the second day)?

Thanks for your suggestion!

Hi guys, im a value investor who has recently had his interest piqued in trading after reading Dr. Alexander Elder's books.

Got 75% of my portfolio in a few long term value stocks, mid caps, ftse 100s, small caps, everything apart from aims. have returned a decent amount, sold a losing position recently which freed up roughly 20% cash to play with, and decided would have a go at trading.

As yet i have only made one trade, which was a speculation in silver prices (leveraged silver etfs), got in around $44, missed the boat at $50 only to watch the price fall, fortunately i bit the bullet and sold at $43.50 so not a big blow. I know this was not a clever trade, just a bit of a gamble.

Was going to have another stab at silver, expecting it to make a smaller second peak and then bear for a few months till winter, anyhoo, got kind of busy and was spooked by the fact that Halifax dont provide any kind of stop loss on leveraged silver etf, and i wouldn't be able to be at the screen to watch it. Was supremely tempted but didn't give in, guess ill miss this rise. The volatility scared me.

As yet that's the only entry in my trading journal. I am not certain of what vehicle to use to trade, the only one that appeals to me is dma cfd, however i have not found a truly dma cfd broker yet.

Hoping to learn a lot from you guys. SI, bye.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I'm new. I'm basically here to find more information on certain brokers and mainly their charting platforms as I attempt to broaden my horizons in the search for one that fits me the best.

I currently use NinjaTrader and ThinkorSwim, but am open to peoples thoughts on both (mostly cons that I haven't realized are a con) and comparisons to others.

Also, after some research, I've decided I'd like to learn more about "CQG Trader", "Rithmic Trader", "TradeMaven", "Multicharts", and "Vision QST".

Please reply/email me if you have any thoughts/information on anything I've just listed.

Much Thanks,

HuskyTrader

Re: Thanks Sharky

Hello guys. I am Nick. Just joined on the request of a friend. I look forward to getting to know you all soon...

Hello All, I'm a day trader operating from home using a C# automatic algorithm trading program I wrote. I thought it was about time I joined T2W! Look forward to getting involved in the forums.

Hello Everyone, I am brand new to all of this.
After 25 years in property, my portfolio and all of it's equity has now disappeared - thanks to conditions not seen by anyone in my working lifetime or anyone I have known from previous generations ( and the senior partner of one of my previous firm's qualified in 1925).
The first step in my next 25 year journey starts by joining you all here.
I would like to thank everyone in advance for the knowledge, patience and guidance you pass on to me. In return I am more than willing to answer any property related questions. Thank you all.

Hello Everyone, I am brand new to all of this.
After 25 years in property, my portfolio and all of it's equity has now disappeared - thanks to conditions not seen by anyone in my working lifetime or anyone I have known from previous generations ( and the senior partner of one of my previous firm's qualified in 1925).
The first step in my next 25 year journey starts by joining you all here.
I would like to thank everyone in advance for the knowledge, patience and guidance you pass on to me. In return I am more than willing to answer any property related questions. Thank you all.

its great to see someone have the fight and spirit to pick themselves up after a knock, a character trait that would come in handy trading.

This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/

Hello I James and looking at taking on a new venture. I'm currently and small business owner and would like to use some of my passive income to start learning how to day trade. I'm a 38 yr. old devoted family man with a great ambition to secure my families FREEDOMS. Looking to learning and acquire infromation from the successes and failures of others. I'm just ready to learn and apply!

Hi all,

New to site. Been a swing trader for a few years. Interested in day trading, been paper trading some set ups for a few months, and looking to increase my education. I thought some forums might be a good place to exchange ideas.

thanks for having me

Hi Everyone,
I have been trading forex with DBFX for the last two years. I trade off the daily interval bars and their daily chart time ended at London close. DBFX forex division was sold to Gain Capital (Forex.com). I would like to find a forex broker whose data feed time stamp on the daily bar chart is at the London close.

Thanks for your help,
Troy

Hello everyone,
I'm new to this site and forex. Planing to start with forex and I ran in to this site searching for information about it. Now what I read in here really is informative and useful. Hopping that I could start soon to trade. But now when learning I want to find good platform to trade too. MT4/5 seems now to be quite difficult, but I can't find in it where I could trade commodities.

Hopping that I will get know people in here and learn a lot about forex

Hi to all,

I'm new , I'm improving the education on Technical Analysis and software to manage Trading Systems. Hope to find good ideas :idea:

Hello everyone,
I'm new to this site and forex. Planing to start with forex and I ran in to this site searching for information about it. Now what I read in here really is informative and useful. Hopping that I could start soon to trade. But now when learning I want to find good platform to trade too. MT4/5 seems now to be quite difficult, but I can't find in it where I could trade commodities.

Hopping that I will get know people in here and learn a lot about forex

Good luck with your trading

Hi I'm Tony I've been paper trading for about six months and now have an account which I'll be activating once I have done some more research on my tax position.
I'm looking forward to making this a success.:clap: