Sticky Introduce Yourself

hello am new but already doing live trading with few losses. I still have problem with my entry point. I hope to learn more from u guys

Hello from Greece.My name is Konstantinos and i find this forum from google search.All welcome for profit ideas

I have been investing for over 20 years. For most of those years I made one or two trades per month.

In late 2007 I shortened my holding time and increased my trading frequency. I now do about 250 round trips per year. It has taken me a while to get the hang of short term trading, but I am starting to feel comfortable. I made a small amount in 2008. 2009 was rough in the early going because I made the mistake of trying to fight the market. I recovered and had an excellent fourth quarter.

I mostly trade ETFs, holding them for a few days up to a few weeks, sometimes longer. At any given time I usually have several open positions. Right now, I have 10% in gold. My gold position is down from 18% after I took some profits on today's nice move up. My gold holdings are in GTU (Central Fund of Canada), and GDXJ (Gold Miner Juniors ETF.)

Today I opened a 5% position in QID (ultrashort Nasdaq index.) If it moves against me I will close it out tomorrow.

I have had my best success trading precious metals and currencies: GLD, GDX, SLV, FXA etc. I also trade index equity ETFs, but do not do as well in these as in precious metals and currencies.

I stumbled on the website somehow and it looks interesting.

Kind Regards,

xorion
Minnesota

Hi Everyone,

My name is David, I'm new to trading and very much looking forward to exploring this wonderful resource.

Best regards
David

Hello All,
Hope to learn a few things from this board.
Like to swing trade retracements.

best regards,

Hi,

I began trading on the FTSE 350 two months ago and have finally broken even, am looking to go FX tho, coz I want to do this full time and not as a POSI TRADER.
I hope to make good contacts that I can share ideas, experiences and thoughts with.

Regards,

Ged

Hello,

I just want to say "hi" to all members.

My stock trading experience is less than a year. And, I am still learning a lot of information. I was amazed how big world I am living when I saw many different subjects in this site. Thanks,

Hi All,

Its nice to see an active group for the trading. I have some experience in the Indian share market. I have recently moved to Australia. Started trying FX market two months back using a demo account from FXCM. It looks really interesting and reading few books to improve my skills.

Cheers,
Cijoy Francis

Hey all
new enough to this game.
Set up an igindex account and lodged €100 just to get some experience, but am a little unsure as to what software i need also (I thought the SB website provided free charts...excuse my ignorance). Need a leg up on this one!

Hi Gubbaboy,

On IG you get not-so-very-great flash-based free charts by default, but you can also go into your account settings and enable advanced charts; these cost you 30 quid a month if you don't make any trades, but are free in any month that you make a trade. Then you can access these charts from the drop-down lists by each instrument. The advanced charts are provided by Prorealtime and are utterly fantastic. You can also get free end-of-day advanced charts from the Prorealtime website.

Stick to the minimum bet size if you can, otherwise you'll eat 100 quid like a piece of chocolate.

Enjoy!

Hey all
new enough to this game.
Set up an igindex account and lodged €100 just to get some experience, but am a little unsure as to what software i need also (I thought the SB website provided free charts...excuse my ignorance). Need a leg up on this one!

Just joined this forum to get feed back from any members who like me have been plagued with emails from various software companies promoting their product as the answer to FX trading and spread betting. Its difficult to get an honest answer from any independant source so I wopuld love to hear from anyone who has used Goldline systems, Concept FX, Secret forex trader or indeed any other.

I made the mistake of purchasing Vantage point some two years ago and would warn any one contemplating it to be extremely cautious if you want an honest opinion on the vantage point product just let me know.

Regards

Matt:rolleyes:

help

i'm a comm law student in aus. i want to apply for optiver and tibra this year. prob is that i might now hav the backgrnd that they want. the vac work that i've done is all in fin related departments of top tier law firms (and hated it). is that going to look bad? i hv v good commerce marks, and some commerce-related experience (tutoring 1st years and a while in an office job)

also, do you know how many grad each take

regards :)

p.s. should i get my younger bro into finance (hes 14)? or should i back off for now?

Hello everyone, just joined. I'm an up and coming option trader(still wet behind the ears).
I'm currently signed up with Optionsmart's autotrading service on their QQQQ Picks. Been going great there, reliable 10% returns every 3 to 4 weeks. sometimes sooner.
I also just signed up for a trial with www.completeoptions.com. Haven't had enough trades with them to give them a thumbs up or down yet.
If anyone has anything good or bad to say about either service, let me know. Otherwise I'm just here to learn.

Hello,

Im Cocoy Jurado form the Philippines. I trade Binary Options. I would like to network with people who do the same or would like to know more about it. I am particularly interested with people who have very accurate 5 minute time frame technical analysis indicators :)