Sticky Introduce Yourself

Im a on-off trader from India

Hello Guys

Im a day trader from India. I have a day job and hence trading is limited to day trades of selected stocks.

Just wanted to get a feel of how other people approach trading and in process learn a bit from your valuable experience.

Regards
Stumpers.

Hi All,

New member, I have been lurking on site (as per name) for the past few weeks) thought I would say Hi.

Looking to learnt to trade.

Will start a thread.

Really basic q I have is, where can I read about leaning to read charts and the support resistance?

This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/

:!:I admit to being pretty much in the dark in this whole area of discussion.
I recently received my share of the proceeds from the sale of my late father's house and was seeking avenues of investment for the inheritance. I was contacted, pretty much on the basis of a cold call, by APW (Australian Portfolio Wines, Great Marlborough Street, London W1) in an attempt by its brokers to canvass possible interest in wine stock as a line of investment: I did indicate that I would be willing to invest up to 13, 000 GBP in such stock; indeed I have even increased this investment to 18,000 subsequently, but I am becoming extremely concerned as to the wisdom of opening up a portfolio with this company in the first place.
I would like to compare notes with others who have made similar investments, especially regarding the difficulty experienced in redeeming the supposed value of any portion of stock when a desire to sell is expressed.
I'm wondering if I have just kissed goodbye to !8,000 Sterling; or do I just have to be patient and allow time for the stock to mature at market level? In the meantime, the brokers I find to be very pushy in their attempts to induce me to cash in savings bonds (!) in order to invest further in wine stock.
I would like to exchange notes with anyone who can offer advice based on experience.
Regards,
Leopold.:mad:

:!:I admit to being pretty much in the dark in this whole area of discussion.
I recently received my share of the proceeds from the sale of my late father's house and was seeking avenues of investment for the inheritance. I was contacted, pretty much on the basis of a cold call, by APW (Australian Portfolio Wines, Great Marlborough Street, London W1) in an attempt by its brokers to canvass possible interest in wine stock as a line of investment: I did indicate that I would be willing to invest up to 13, 000 GBP in such stock; indeed I have even increased this investment to 18,000 subsequently, but I am becoming extremely concerned as to the wisdom of opening up a portfolio with this company in the first place.
I would like to compare notes with others who have made similar investments, especially regarding the difficulty experienced in redeeming the supposed value of any portion of stock when a desire to sell is expressed.
I'm wondering if I have just kissed goodbye to !8,000 Sterling; or do I just have to be patient and allow time for the stock to mature at market level? In the meantime, the brokers I find to be very pushy in their attempts to induce me to cash in savings bonds (!) in order to invest further in wine stock.
I would like to exchange notes with anyone who can offer advice based on experience.
Regards,
Leopold.:mad:

No idea about APW but would advise you to never buy from cold callers. Take a look at this thread. http://www.trade2win.com/boards/brokerages/14154-boiler-room-scams.html

hi,Am working in a forex firm which needs most accurate datafeed market watch quoting 5 decimal digits on spot Fx currencies along with futures,spot metals,cfd stocks,energies,indices all.Can you suggest me about best datafeeds.tnx

Hi All,

I have just joined Trade2win today. Orginally I am for Ealing, London .
I am now living in Beijing. I came to Beijing a few Years before the Olymics running the IT project for the Sponcers . This involved all the purchasing from many suppliers through China and then the full setup. Now, I have a deep understanding of business and how things work over here .
Aswell as having decent contacts I can trust.
Since then I decided to stay and work on oppotunities here.

Cheers Marcus

Hello everyone. I trade forks and fibs in stocks and forex. I trade some options, but rarely. I dont trade full time yet, but I feel close.

Hello all,

I have periodically browsed T2W and come across many forum discussions in searches.

I have finally registered and hope to become an active and avid user =)

I am based on Los Angeles, and attended the University of California at Los Angeles.

Thank you and have a good one.

Hi
Happy New Year 2010... if not too late...
Newbie in Forex... wish to learn something from this forum... (y)
Thanks

Hi

Im new to this as trust fund has been stopped.Please help my last million grow Ha Ha

Any tips please.

Thanks Storm

:D

Hi

I am a new trader with forex, palying with my practise account and making some virtual money, looking for a trading plan to reduce losses, for that purpose i am studying different books and articles to know more.
My first question is about Support and resistance levels, how can i identify S&R levels and what are the best timings to take pivot readings to get the support and resistance levels?

Hi
I am new to this forum but have been trading for about 1 year so thought it was
time to say Hello

Kaylan :)

Happy New Year greetings from a new member here ...

I was searching for TheRumpledOne and his "Never Lose Again" thread .. and so now I am here *g*

trading Forex for 1 year now ... live trading the breakout Europe-opening (Frankfurt/London) and Asia-opening by breakout EA ... made some trades with the THV V4 System but will start now with the "drain the banks" system by TheRumpledOne ...

Greetings from Germany,
Dietmar (DL4HAO)

Last edited:
Hi all. I'm the new kid. (not young, just new...Ha!) Looking foward to learning and contributing. I do have several years of trading experience with successes and failures like everyone. Now that I'm officially retired from my JOB, I'm hoping that I can come to that elusive phase of trading called consistency. Slowly but steadily with precise money management has been my style for sure. Now I'd like to interact a bit with the trading community for hopefully mutual, even synergistic benefit! Wishing everyone including myself a great 2010, profitable yet balanced and happy!!
-richy

Hi all,

I am completely new to trading - never traded before but it's something I would like to do, initially on top of my work, but with a view to becoming a full time trader. I think this forum will be invaluble on this journey!

Mark

if you ever stop chasing ladyboys around Nana Plaza, you might have time for a bit of trading !
:clover:

Hi All,

I have just joined Trade2win today. Orginally I am for Ealing, London .
I am now living in Beijing. I came to Beijing a few Years before the Olymics running the IT project for the Sponcers . This involved all the purchasing from many suppliers through China and then the full setup. Now, I have a deep understanding of business and how things work over here .
Aswell as having decent contacts I can trust.
Since then I decided to stay and work on oppotunities here.

Cheers Marcus

all that and yet you still can't spell Sponsors ?