Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hello everyone

Hello everyone,

I work for a new forex broker launching on 6th Feb.

I'm joining in the hope that I can answer some of your forex questions and make a valuable contribution to the community.

No promotional posts, just impartial information, chat and debate about the world of forex. As we don't run a B book our success is based on your success so if I can help in any way, just ask!

Looking forward e-meeting you, reading your posts and talking all things forex.

Hi all

Hi every one

Wanted to say hello to you all. I have done a lot bit of trading and have enjoyed this time. I seam to stay with stocks I like (and that have been nice to me).

I have join the forum as I would like to hear everyone's thoughts on there trades, good and the ones you learn from (bad trades).

Hope to speak to all of you soon

Hi everyone

I too am new around here.

Not made a single trade yet as I am cramming as much knowledge as I can into my limited brain before I take the plunge.

Having read plenty so far my feeling is that I am better suited, in terms of my mentality, to scalping the Forex market. I am working my way through Bob Volman's Forex Price Action Scalping and it's all making sense (currently)

Looking forward to learning from you guys, picking up some expert advice and, hopefully, in the long term be good enough at trading to be able provide help and advice to others

Nick

Hello everybody!
My name is Hafiz, I am from Malaysia and it will be 4 years soon since I have started a trading career

Hi Nick

That's definitely the right way to start: read the hell out the subject, then open a demo account.

Make sure you practice with an amount that reflects your actual capital; if you start off pretending to be a zillionaire it's not going to help your game in a live account. Then demo, demo and demo some more until you've got a tried and tested profitable system in place and you may be ready to take the stabilizers off your bike :)

Another good tip would be to demo with just one major currency pair, as it gets a bit complicated if you're knee deep in weird pairs with less visible patterns.

Best of luck!

Hi everyone

I too am new around here.

Not made a single trade yet as I am cramming as much knowledge as I can into my limited brain before I take the plunge.

Having read plenty so far my feeling is that I am better suited, in terms of my mentality, to scalping the Forex market. I am working my way through Bob Volman's Forex Price Action Scalping and it's all making sense (currently)

Looking forward to learning from you guys, picking up some expert advice and, hopefully, in the long term be good enough at trading to be able provide help and advice to others

Nick

That's definitely the right way to start: read the hell out the subject, then open a demo account.

Make sure you practice with an amount that reflects your actual capital; if you start off pretending to be a zillionaire it's not going to help your game in a live account. Then demo, demo and demo some more until you've got a tried and tested profitable system in place and you may be ready to take the stabilizers off your bike :)

Another good tip would be to demo with just one major currency pair, as it gets a bit complicated if you're knee deep in weird pairs with less visible patterns.

Best of luck!

Thanks buzzfxbroker, I appreciate the advice

I've more books on the way and have a couple of weeks off work to throw myself into a demo account once they are read (and will then buy more probably!)

Will keep it simple at first and stick with the EUR/USD

Greetings everybody, I am Kris and new to Forex Trading, I am looking for a Guide/Mentor who can assist me in being successful in this Trading Platform. I am based in Thailand! Please email me at [email protected], Regards

Hello,
I am new on this forum and new to trading, it seems it is a nice place to learn and share ideas,
I have been reading online about forex binary option trading, and got interested to learn some, so far could not find a simple strategy to follow to make some money.
Have a great day traders

Let me know what books you find most useful; there are soo many out there I'm never sure which are the best to recommend to people starting out. We have a bunch of educational videos on our site but it's nice to recommend physical books too, plus books offer that much-needed screen break. You can spend a lot of time squinting at charts in the world of Forex.

Thanks buzzfxbroker, I appreciate the advice

I've more books on the way and have a couple of weeks off work to throw myself into a demo account once they are read (and will then buy more probably!)

Will keep it simple at first and stick with the EUR/USD

Let me know what books you find most useful; there are soo many out there I'm never sure which are the best to recommend to people starting out. We have a bunch of educational videos on our site but it's nice to recommend physical books too, plus books offer that much-needed screen break. You can spend a lot of time squinting at charts in the world of Forex.

Thanks again buzzfxbroker

Books I've read:-

The Little Black Book of Behavioural Investing - James Montier
Mastering the Trade - John F Carter
Forex Price action Scalping - Bob Volman (finishing soon)
Reminiscences of a Stock Operator - Lefevre (nearly finished)
How to make money in stocks - William O'Neil (part way through)
Trading in the Zone - Mark Douglas (just dropped on the mat)
Understanding Price Action - Bob Volman (ditto)

I am also referring to Investopedia for basics and now mooching around on here learning from you guys

Any other suggestions for my ongoing education gratefully received :)

Hi guys, I am new here and thank you for welcoming me :) I found this site by asking Google...
I am new to trading using a predictive analytics engine and a configurable dashboard terminal, hopefully it will work.

Hello, I am really interesting on FX. So came here to learn something. Reading the T2W FAQ book.
Thanks for having me.

Good list! I came across a load of free forex/trader pdfs on Reddit weekend and thought of you. Not sure how current they are but definitely worth a look. The thread is here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Forex/comments/1zelps/motherload_of_forextrading_pdfs/

Let me know if it's of any use.

Thanks again buzzfxbroker

Books I've read:-

The Little Black Book of Behavioural Investing - James Montier
Mastering the Trade - John F Carter
Forex Price action Scalping - Bob Volman (finishing soon)
Reminiscences of a Stock Operator - Lefevre (nearly finished)
How to make money in stocks - William O'Neil (part way through)
Trading in the Zone - Mark Douglas (just dropped on the mat)
Understanding Price Action - Bob Volman (ditto)

I am also referring to Investopedia for basics and now mooching around on here learning from you guys

Any other suggestions for my ongoing education gratefully received :)

HI guys im pretty new to trading. Been messing around since I won some money sports betting in Jan 16 and have actually done ok =). Always looking to read and learn as much as possible!

HI guys im pretty new to trading. Been messing around since I won some money sports betting in Jan 16 and have actually done ok =). Always looking to read and learn as much as possible!

Good work! Do you have a strategy yet or are you just a lucky kind of guy?!