Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hello Everyone!

I'll be sharing annotated charts and trading ideas for those especially keen to TA. Hope we can raise some educational discussions.

Happy Trading!

Hello Queeniebell,

Glad to have you join us. I trade FX and have a thread called Goldmine! I use the Pitchfork as my main tool of analysis. What instruments do you trade? How can I assit you in your quest to success?

Take care,

Hi I am a very new Trader and yes looking forward to being a successful trader, just read the first thing that newbies should read, Discipline, Patience etc etc, found that to be very good information and will take that on board as step one.

Hello InvestedCentral,

Glad to have you. Educational discussions sounds interesting. What types of technical approaches do you use?

Thanks,
Hello Everyone!

I'll be sharing annotated charts and trading ideas for those especially keen to TA. Hope we can raise some educational discussions.

Happy Trading!

Hello Helenk579,

Yes you are warmly welcomed here...at least by me :)

I trade FX and have a thread called Goldmine! where I post charts of the EurUsd showing how I see that market. I also use the Pitchfork as my primary tool of analysis.

Drop by some time and tell me what you think.

Take care,

Hi, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!

FX4Newbie, i dont trade on FX, but I ve heard about Pitchfork and interested to know how to use that tecnical tool. Any suggestion where to take a good course over it.
Thanks in advance.

Hey guys just taking the moment to drop in and say hi. Just registered on the site but have been browsing over the last couple of days and it looks like there is some solid info here. Hope to join in a few of the conversations quickly.

Hi dpinpon,

Will send you a PM.

Take care,

FX4Newbie, i dont trade on FX, but I ve heard about Pitchfork and interested to know how to use that tecnical tool. Any suggestion where to take a good course over it.
Thanks in advance.

Re: Introduce YourselfSirad

Hello ,everyone!

I`m a newbie ,
would like to learn trading ,I`m from south africa ,Is there anyone that are willing to give me a helping hand

Hello Sirad,

Glad you joined us and would like to learn. What market are you interested in? Have you traded at all before? What do you know about trading thus far?

I have a website here called Goldmine! where I show charts of the EurUsd (I trade FX) and show the tool I use, the Pitchfork, which is very remarkable if you understand how to use it.

Looking forward to your reply,

Hi everyone,

I am Madan from Kathmandu, Nepal. I've been trading US commodities (gold, silver and crude oil mostly) for the last two and a half years. And I have sunk a lot of money following expert advice given by a lot of websites. Therefore, I have devised my own system using moving averages which has been working quite well for me. This system gives buy (long) / sell (short) signals for any time period on metatrader software. Of course, it's not 100% correct because sometimes the signals reverse after a short time without much profit. If anyone is interested to know, please reply to this thread or write to me at [email protected] and I will send you the details.

Best regards.

- Madan

Hello Madan,

Welcome to the T2W forum. Sorry to hear of your experience and glad to know that you are trying to devise a system. I trade the FX market, and use the Andrew's Pitchfork as my primary tool of analysis. If you are not familiar with this tool, you can look at an example of it and how price responds to the lines. I have a thread here called Goldmine! The Pitchfork works on all trading instruments and all time-frames. Moving averages provide good information when the market is trending, but it is a lagging indicator and generally give whipsaws when the market stops trending.

Let me know what you think.

Take care,

Hello. This is my first day in this forum. I have a fully developed methodology that consists of the ichimoku cloud, stochastics, 200 MA, and a proprietary support and resistance indicator. I always look forward to great conversation with other traders in the forex community.

hello 4xpipcounter,

Glad you joined us. Glad you have a fully developed methodology that works for you. I use Pitchforks as my primary trading tool. I have not studied Ichimoku, but have become interested in how to use it. What is the basic premise of it? I believe it means "one look".

Thanks for your reply,

FX4newbies, it is a Japanese indicator that many people use as a standalone indicator. Then nice thing about it is that it gives a sendse of a future directional purpose. Last week, the market made a correction of the current downtrend. It bounced off the top of the weekly cloud while downside momentum was giving out. A look at the daily chart shows the cloud looking bearish in the future. That suggests the UP could only be temporary and contained under the bottom of the cloud. What should happen, eventually, is for price action to force its way in to the weekly cloud. When that happens, there is about a 90% chance that price will find its way to the bottom of the cloud, which is currently 8,517. I look for containment on this correction to be found around 10,371, which is the daily 200 MA, or the daily kijun at 10.346. The tenken is bearish and about 300 points under the kijun which is another overall bearish sign.
Another thing to consider is the chinkou span. On the weekly, it just forced itself under the candles. The chinkou span is plotted 26 candles in back of the current one.
I posted a chart of the weekly. Someone else in this forum was asking about the DJIA, so maybe that will help.

hello 4xpipcounter,

Glad you joined us. Glad you have a fully developed methodology that works for you. I use Pitchforks as my primary trading tool. I have not studied Ichimoku, but have become interested in how to use it. What is the basic premise of it? I believe it means "one look".

Thanks for your reply,

Attachments

• djia weekly reversal.bmp
    1.4 MB · Views: 125
I will look at your chart 4xpipcounter. I have a thread here called Goldmine! Maybe you can take a look at the Pitchfork if you are not already aware of it.

Will respond later to your comments on Ichimoku and the chart you sent.

Bye for now,