Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon gents

Beer in hand and reviewing the past weeks trades, entries and exits and surrounding context and levels and of course price action.

So important. I only look at the losers... They're the hardest to look back on and it is easy to dig your head in the sand but you need to know what went wrong!

See you gents tomorrow, Monday should be interesting with the deadline for Greece. Maybe I should find another pair to trade, any recommendations F? :LOL:

Hi CS

Always a good idea to review and check out your last weeks trades etc- especially the ones that just never go to plan etc.

I agree - always try and find out what went wrong with the losses.

Some bad weeks I can have over 15 bad trades ( scalps )- whereas really good weeks less than 8. They can be for so many different reasons - I do expect to have more on the EU simply because there will be more false set -ups and manipulation etc. I except I will get losses - but if I can keep them under 3 or 4 pips - then I feel I am at least focused - whereas if I let a scalp that makes say 6 or 8+ pips and I dont get out with any pips at all - that's my own fault etc - and its the cost of short term intraday trading.

With regards to the Greece problem - I think we will be OK in the morning up to Midday time UK - barring the normal Open plays etc - but then the US session etc - all depends on so many factors etc.

Ideally look at the AU / NU / GU as alternatives - and then crosses like the AJ / GJ etc if you want to stay away from both the Euro and Dollar pairs

The market as normal - will want to catch out as many traders as possible.

Nothing will surprise me with regards to the Euro this next few days or week - ie - we might try over 1500 / 1600 - and then fall 700 pips - or even fall 3-400 pips in the first part of the week - and then once all the bears are in and things look bad for the EU - the market rallies up 400 pips .

For large moves - always keep an eye exactly on any hour change - or within 5 mins either side of it.

Moves that last over a few hours are too easy to follow - so the market makers are after ideally 3 to 15 mins of real quick pain - ie 50 - 200 pip shock moves to catch all out

Good Luck with your plans - and lets hope the market will be kind to us and we can all enjoy another good week

Regards

F

Hi Shadowman

It was back in 2008 /9 and I had an account at GFT Uk that I managed to get up to approx £170k.

I had gone up from 1 lot to 5 lots and then 10 lots per pip over 6 - 9 months with no real problem.

I then got too avaricious and wanted over £150 a pip which in those days was approx 22 lots. Unfortunately I hit a bad spell -ie first time I had 7 consecutive bad trades and my stops were then between 7 and 10 pips and if I remember correctly 2 of the bad trades spiked me for like 12 -14 pips and so suddenly the previous weeks profitable trading was blown out the water.

I was not used to big losses in a session and it did my head in .

It took me over 6 month to even try 5 lots per pip again. Since then I have kept under 10 lots a pip and most days don't even venture over 6 -8 lots with a £35 - 45 K capital account - which on an average 5 pip stop is still under 2%

In fact many of my scalps are on 0 3 to 1% of account size - as then no stress and I can treat my account like a demo - no palpitations etc ;-).

Once my stops are in profit I can then pyramid and peel and if I am up well and feeling comfortable scalp again up to 6 lots

I know far more about the market today then I did 6 years ago - but at my age not wanted to go anywhere near 20 + lot again. I stay within my comfort zone - and enjoy intraday trading and if any pressure mounts - just reduce size

Good Trading

Cheers F,
There must be a post where you outline how you trade somewhere, can you point it out or detail it?, iam too lazy to read the 27000 odd posts.
Thanks again

Main threads for explanations of how I trade are here below

192384d1434878272-intraday-live-short-term-trading-calls-expert-retail-forex-trader-forexmospherian-other-threads-t2w.png

In a nutshell

1. TW

2. KT - within a minute or so either way

3. LR's - under or over

4. PA - last few mins of movement on tick or 1 min

5. Levels - interim S & R's -

6 TL's or double / treble tops and bottoms and ABC / 123 patterns

7. Timing key - stops - all 3 to 7 pips max - soft - not hard - all must line up then

8 Targets 7 - 25 + pips then part stakes with stops in profits

Thats its in a quick summary ;-))

Regards

F

Attachments

• Forexmospherian other threads on t2w.png
    Forexmospherian other threads on t2w.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 625
Main threads for explanations of how I trade are here below

192384d1434878272-intraday-live-short-term-trading-calls-expert-retail-forex-trader-forexmospherian-other-threads-t2w.png

In a nutshell

1. TW

2. KT - within a minute or so either way

3. LR's - under or over

4. PA - last few mins of movement on tick or 1 min

5. Levels - interim S & R's -

6 TL's or double / treble tops and bottoms and ABC / 123 patterns

7. Timing key - stops - all 3 to 7 pips max - soft - not hard - all must line up then

8 Targets 7 - 25 + pips then part stakes with stops in profits

Thats its in a quick summary ;-))

Regards

cheers ill have a look see

Re

I think I know the "limits" here - I am sure I will stray over them at times - but for 99% of the time I will always remain polite and helpful and a Gentleman to all other members - yes all of them

I need to work on my stats!

I do actually regret being rude on the occasions that i've let myself down. At time i have felt impelled to resist strongly accusations of fraudulence about the possibilities of trading in this way, at least as strongly as those posting against the flow of the thread, which i should have appreciated more at time i guess .

Last edited:
I think everyone knows here by now the group supplying the sarcastic/non-value added posts to this thread.............

I figure that if they need to keep doing it instead of focusing on their own fantasy worlds and going away (fat chance) then its their time being wasted..........

that's what the T2win democracy is ...........allowing everyone to participate and not being prejudiced by their own views as long as they do not stray onto the paths of distaste, crudity or obscenities ........

and long may it remain that way ..........

N

Afternoon gents

Beer in hand and reviewing the past weeks trades, entries and exits and surrounding context and levels and of course price action.

So important. I only look at the losers... They're the hardest to look back on and it is easy to dig your head in the sand but you need to know what went wrong!

See you gents tomorrow, Monday should be interesting with the deadline for Greece. Maybe I should find another pair to trade, any recommendations F? :LOL:

why ?.............we as traders need to seek volatility like the oxygen we need to breath - so fill your boots next week dude .............fly towards the flames (y)

jees what am I saying .......it took me years to hit the million mark ..........???

well F only needs 80,000 more views to hit his million so all contributions are welcome T (y)

N

Why u r surprised ? Remember i post my calls here , sure it will attract millions of views then ...

Been working on my charts today.....nearly there.

Attachments

• nearly there.png
    nearly there.png
    122 KB · Views: 78
  • otb.jpg
    otb.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 78
Monday 22nd June 2015 - Pre Opens

Good Morning Guys

Hope you weekend as been good

Its not long after 6 00 pm and the sun is starting to come out here in the Midlands and I am off the East Midlands Airport later on this afternoon taking my daughter who's joining up with her mates for a holiday in Marbella - just wish I was young again :-(

Just been looking at the charts ( Virgin BB still working ) and the EU as hit 1399 in the last hour - even with all the Greece debacle

Similar GU up at 5900 ish - so it looks as though the dollar's not been too healthy for some reason ?

Normal stuff today - quick reviews and updates - more Lines in the Sand areas ( LitS ) for price structures ( PS ) along with interim intraday levels for looking at taking scalps / swings etc

All input and comments connected with FX welcome - charts - calls - forecasts - questions - ideas - methods etc etc

Have a good day and a great week

Regards

F

EU

6 29 am

5 52 am was the scalp sell and 6 20 am was the scalp buy - but we can only hold it if we get over 1398 and 1404 - as interim R's at 1395 to 1400

The LitS is approx 1357- 67 area for morning PS - so above and below again in AM session main bias and fairly good interim supports at 1340 - 50 /55 areas

Today could be an important day for the Euro - and if more stalling - then this week is going to be interesting with regards to the EU

Expect anything with it and always be careful around every hour change

Status
Not open for further replies.