Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for explanation.
As the L.R. lines are derived from current price(presumably) why not just look at a naked chart?

Yes I could trade from a naked chart - with just KT's and PA - but I get my Price session structure and also scalp guidance from my 3 quick LRs

Will give you an example this morning of what I mean on the EJ

I think if i just used a naked chart - I would maybe only be performing at say 80% of what I can do with the extra re assurance of my LRs etc

That would still be OK - but after over what 9 years of using them for scalping - I think I just like the additional psychological support of them agreeing with my PA reading

EJ - Example KT - LR scalp at 8 09 am

EJ - I Min LR Chart at a sell at KT

Notice how the LRs and TL and KT all match up and say - this should be a scalp sell

On a plain naked chart - i would not see this so easily (y)

190012d1431328618-intraday-live-short-term-trading-calls-expert-retail-forex-trader-ej-110515-scalp-sell-8-09-am.png

Attachments

• EJ - 110515 Scalp sell 8 09 am.png
    EJ - 110515 Scalp sell 8 09 am.png
    46.5 KB · Views: 593
EJ

my exit for a scalp sell after 8 09 am came at 8 17 am - 8 21 am in theory was the scalp buy again - but not taken it for now as the scalp sell was worth in 8 mins 14 pips - so a nice scalp

EU - From Friday's NFP news to Monday 8 30 am

EU

1 min LR Chart with a TL and levels

For me now - we need under 1130 to drop out present supports levels and fall more

We would need above 1200 and 1210 to hold and stay with buys again

In the 70 pips in between - that might be our immediate range to work in

190014d1431329783-intraday-live-short-term-trading-calls-expert-retail-forex-trader-eu-fridays-nfp-8-30-am-monday.png

Attachments

• EU - From Fridays nfp to 8 30 am Monday.png
    EU - From Fridays nfp to 8 30 am Monday.png
    81.9 KB · Views: 650
EJ

8 53 AM

Interesting on this pair

I still have a 30% buy on from 7 00 am - and its dropped so far from 8 09 am over 35 pips - so whilst I am seeing my profit evaporate on the 30% part - I have scalp sold at 8 09 am on 100% and then dropped to 30% stake on the sell

So for me now on the EJ - between 133 70 and 134 20 - ie a 50 pip range - I am hedged both ways - but i will add scalps at 100% stake on the direction we finally end up taking - but whilst we stay in say the middle range - will just wait for the right opportuntity

9 29 am

i noticed both the EU and EJ had identical time moves

After 8 51 / 9 00 and 9 09 am - you could scalp buy for anything from 10 to 18 pips

9 21 am was another scalp buy after a pullback - but - we have slowed down - and now in a tighter range

This becomes a BTTZ for me - so will leave and look again after 10 00 am

It is a Monday - so dont expect to see the initial 90 mins of nice moves keep going every hour - so can understand it

See you a bit later

Hi F,

I assume that KT = Key Time,
TR = Trend Line
TW = Time Window

What is an LR?

Hi Leemo

Yes correct and LR - they are linear regression indicators - like MA's ( moving averages) but I like them a lot better - as more responsive with less lag

I use 9 + on my charts - 3 quick ones for scalping and the 3 longer ones are for session price structure on a 1 min chart

Regards

F

If you are just scalping - check out 9 39 am and 7892 on AU

Thats been so far a 13 pip scalp buy and pullbacks staying above 96/97 are scalp buys again for now

If you are just scalping - check out 9 39 am and 7892 on AU

Thats been so far a 13 pip scalp buy and pullbacks staying above 96/97 are scalp buys again for now

AU

10 33 am

We bounced above 98 - but did a LH at 10 17 am at 7903 after a previous 7905

By 7 19 am my quick LR's had gone over price and said scalp sell

This was confirmed at 7 20 / 21 am at 7899 and then once we saw 96 let go it was obvious we would have a larger fall - and so far we have made 7890

This is all scalping and ideally we only look for moves of say 3 -7 pip net. I prefer to try and cherry pick trades and look for 7 -25 pip moves rather than keep scalping for 3 -7 pips - but the nice thing about it - either way you make money - but ideally I prefer under 20 trades a day over a 8 -10 hr period - and not say 40 or 50 + trades all at under 5 or 7 pips

The EU and EJ were both scalp sells after 10 09 am

I missed both as was playing with AU - in between eating a bacon sarnie

Need to take Basil the dog a walk soon and not planning to keep scalping this AM session

Will pop back next hour and then Midday for Pound news and will cover the main afternoon period after 2 00 pm to approx 4 30 pm

It is a Monday and low number of red news announcements - but as we know - never think it will be slow all day - as anything can happen in the FX markets ;-)

See you later

Hello Forexmospherian. first of all thanks for this thread, interesting information here (y).

Now i have some questions:
1. how do you determine your entry based on LRs? (i'm not talking here TL breakouts, HL, LH etc etc) do you wait for LR 9 to cross LR 14 (i don't know if you have used exactly those LR settings, but from the chart this is what i see)? Or just waiting for price to be above/below those 2 LRs?
2. You mentioned that first 3 LRs are used for scalping decisions, and the rest - for overall market view, so why you told that at 8.17 -21 am "in theory was the scalp buy again"? What was the reason for that assumption? I can see that price lost it's momentum, and was above 2 first LR's.
Thanks in advance
Alex

EJ

my exit for a scalp sell after 8 09 am came at 8 17 am - 8 21 am in theory was the scalp buy again - but not taken it for now as the scalp sell was worth in 8 mins 14 pips - so a nice scalp

For me - there are 2 TW's every hour and they each last approx 18 mins - and so in the 36 mins of a 60 min period I generally take maybe 85% of all my scalp trades

The most important key times are approx on the hour and half hr change

Whether its because of habit or bot timings etc - but most moves start around this time as well as most exits from intraday trades at similar time

I find at least 70% of my entries and exits on scalps are at the following 6 times - give or take 60 seconds either side - ie 00 - 09 - 21 - 30 - 39 - 51

Time alone is not enough - but if I get my quick scalping LRs line up at 6 38 am for a buy then I would be looking at buying at 6 39 am

Normally al interim highs and lows are formed around a KT in a TW - not every one - but a high proportion

I dont take 6 scalps every hour - some times it might just be 1 or 2 - but they are guidelines to focus on for spotting changes in price

A typical scalp might start at say 7 51 am or 8 00 am and then finish by 8 09 am or 8 21 / 8 30 am

The 12 mins in between the time windows should be the moves carrying on in there respective directions

Also if you have a quick move of say 10 or 20 pips in say just 5 or 10 mins - if it stops at a KT - exit - or be ready for a change in direction again

KT's and TW's are also part of my 30 and 60 min interim highs and low time rules

ie if an interim high or low holds for 30 mins with no breach - that favours a change in direction again - rather than a continuation - like the EU lows just befor 7 00 am this morning

Lows and highs if not breached in 30 mins - need then another 20 -30 mins to be tested again - thats if they are tested.

Remember though - Timing is important for scalping - but KT's etc are just ONE component - along with PA - my LR's - TL's interim levels etc etc

hope that helps

Regards

F

F

I like this post it is clear and objective. WD

I did mark it and read it with attention after my session.

Fzsy

Morning avasfx and Fugazsy ( although evening for Fzsy)

Just spotted both your comments

Will be back in approx 15 -20 mins and will then explain and try and answer avasfx's question in detail along with some example charts

Regards

F

You have a good session Fugazsy

Morning avasfx and Fugazsy ( although evening for Fzsy)

Just spotted both your comments

Will be back in approx 15 -20 mins and will then explain and try and answer avasfx's question in detail along with some example charts

Regards

F

You have a good session Fugazsy

:cool:

Hello Forexmospherian. first of all thanks for this thread, interesting information here (y).

Now i have some questions:
1. how do you determine your entry based on LRs? (i'm not talking here TL breakouts, HL, LH etc etc) do you wait for LR 9 to cross LR 14 (i don't know if you have used exactly those LR settings, but from the chart this is what i see)? Or just waiting for price to be above/below those 2 LRs?
2. You mentioned that first 3 LRs are used for scalping decisions, and the rest - for overall market view, so why you told that at 8.17 -21 am "in theory was the scalp buy again"? What was the reason for that assumption? I can see that price lost it's momentum, and was above 2 first LR's.
Thanks in advance
Alex

Hi Alex

I will relate your points to the EJ as that was the pair mentioned in my comment

Ok

1. Determining entries . - They are based on what I call a multitude of "clues" - not just one clue off time or LR's - but in fact off at least 4 or 5 clues - can be easily 5+ many times on a really nice AAA+++ scalp set up.

I need my quick 2 or 3 Lrs ( from LR 9 to 15 ) go either under or over price to show a change in direction commencing

If this is in a TW and near a KT - even better

I then look at the price structure of the session - based on my LR 1 min chart over last say 4 -8 hrs - ie I open my chart out to see the past.. With 9 or 10 Lrs the more under price the more likely price rises - and opposite the more over price

I will have interim levels - both dynamic of TL's and static off pivots or horizontal levels marked - they also need to line up with LRs and time etc

If I see the price structure of the session is changing ie like on EJ - from 4 30 am to 8 09 am UK time it was bullish - but after 8 09 am it became bearish and still is now under 134 00 - i will not always take every scalp

So that scalp buy opportunity from 8 17 to 8 21 am onwards - I ignored - as I still thought we would drop lower than a t 8 17 am

I could have taken it and made say 5 -7 pips - but I still favoured lower

Similarly at 8 31 and 8 51 am more scalp buy opportunities - both would have made 10 pips in fact the 8 51 am and 9 00 am ones worth over 20 pips -

BUT really after 8 09 am we have turned bearish - shown by the continuing LH's and LL's

If i was desperate for pips - and had not had a good first 90 mins of the morning from 6 30 am to 8 00 am - i would be scalping both ways - but for now I have prefered to stay with the EJ 30% sell under the 8 09 am price and its now over 40 pips lower

Yes my first 2 / 3 quick LRs said scalp buy at a KT and PA also said buy - and yes i could have made easily 5 -7 pips . In fact if it had carried on higher then I would have kicked myself - but actually at 8 17 am I still had a 30% buy stake on - so I was covered really.

Every trade entry I take - whether its a pure scalp for 5 -7 pips or ends up making 200 pips of a 30% stake left on with stop in profit is all based on my quick LRs lining up with interim levels and time and PA etc,

The trouble is I will never really know in advance on many scalps whether they will end up as just 5 pips or whether they could turn into 50 or 500 pips over say 3 days

Thats why I am no longer a pure scalper - but instead a short term intraday trader that is prepared to leave part stakes on many scalps with stops in profit and relax knowing what ever happens - i will either end up then with just a few pips win - or a nice larger win - that makes me a lot more money than the 70% part I exited as a pure scalp .

Hope that makes sense and will post a couple of EJ charts to show more next on PS - ( price structure ) and levels and KT's etc etc

That's why timing and entries are so important for me - I just dont want to get an entry wrong with a 15 -20 pip stop - and lose that amount - even if it goes 3 pips against me at entry - I want out ASAP

Good Trading to you

Regards

F

EJ 1 min LR chart for this morning with Bias

EJ

1 min LR chart over last 8 hrs or so

Note 3 key times - and change in bias after 8 09 am - ie end of London Open time window

190020d1431340422-intraday-live-short-term-trading-calls-expert-retail-forex-trader-ej-110515-last-8-hrs.png

Attachments

• EJ - 110515 - Last 8 hrs.png
    EJ - 110515 - Last 8 hrs.png
    87.1 KB · Views: 472
Status
Not open for further replies.