Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard (unconfirmed) on squawk that there's a large option barrier around 1.4800 on cable.

USD bids also coming into the market.

I am counting 30 mins from 10 19 am now at 4808

Get the feeling it might tease down then 3 - 5 pips and try again and then over 4822 that time would be more scalp buys

GU set up for me was basically a sell to 10 20 am

Then after 10 21 am first scalp buy and now we need to stay above 4816 to hold 30% buy stake on longer

So far only made 32

Attachments

• fri13a.jpg
    fri13a.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 81
hey DJ you still love the US tech I see -)

Yep :) You probably know, but it's just trading NQ (this product is hedged directly in NQ via an exchange). There are reasons why I'm not directly trading on CME, but I won't bore everyone with that here.

You may remember yesterday morning, after retail sales, I said here that I expected a move up in US equities. Obviously we had that (Dow up +100 pts on the US open). There was a big divergence on NQ (due to INTC), and some quant stuff I used gave me a strong signal to buy. So I went heavily long NQ. Made my day.

Well Done DJ
I know you like the GU and today so far its been a nice pair to trade
Good Trading
see you later

Thanks F.

Attachments

• nq.jpg
    nq.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 72
^ great job
Thx. How does that old trading saying go, "I'd rather be lucky than good" ;)

stopped again, hmm short term fx is tricky
Yes, short-term FX is v tricky. And cable is notorious for this type of thing (hitting stops). If I may offer some advice: volume is stronger at certain session times (making PA a little less unpredictable), and it's v v important to be aware of order-flow around key levels. Hopefully I'm not boring you with stuff you already know here...

Only fx I trade is EU at times but longer term, as I said dow/s&p/ftse are my things but looking to expand -)

Status
Not open for further replies.