Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
GU

3 02 pm

A 75 pip fall on GU from its morning high - under 5140 is a bearish price structure - but supports from 5100 and 5110 are trying to help price rise again

We might be able to scalp buy up to 5140 - but only try it if you are used to scalping and can enter on pullbacks etc etc

Under 5103 and 5100 favours more scalp sells

7 mins later from this comment GU rose from 5123 area to now 5147

What a lovely scalp (y)

2 55 pm

AU

Well we got the spikes and the Dollar strength taking down the EU and GU - and AU only briefly

Now got over R's at 8150 and so far made nearly 8180 area

This price structure on AU still session bullish and so will be looking for more scalp buys off pullbacks

16 mins later from comment on AU

Like GU scalp buy from 3 00 pm ish from 75 - and topped at 89 so far - so down to 70% at 84

Would hold on above 75

Looks as though after 3 00 pm hour change - we had the dollar weakness come it effect

Remember all can change again every 30 -60 mins

16 mins later from comment on AU

Like GU scalp buy from 3 00 pm ish from 75 - and topped at 89 so far - so down to 70% at 84

Would hold on above 75

AU

Stayed above 75 and now looks like topping at 8194/5 area

Will take that now at half hr change - just waiting to see if we try above 95 - but will make sure I am out above 8190 ;-)

3 32pm

Had not bothered with EU scalp buys - even after they came out range - as scalped bought GU and AU instead

Noticed EU up now at 1830 area again - over 40 pips up from 3 00 pm TW

Shame - but happy with the pips on GU and AU

Going to have a break and a cup of tea

Back next hour

EJ and UJ have not made any new lows for now - both in morning session bear price structure

Will keep an eye on supports at 119 15 / 18 on UJ letting go for more scalp sells and on EJ need under 140 70

Yen cross comments from over 5 hrs ago

Well both did - fell under their interim supports and now EJ at 140 35 after a 140 20 ish low and UJ down at 118 57 after a 42 low

hows it all going gang ?............I hope well

jees i'm getting withdrawal symptoms .........i'm full on in this new role ....its all around developing new business ventures and longer term commercial income for Local government and the pressure is on for results in this election year !!!

aside from an interesting discussion with the treasury team re their investment portfolio and some low level input on any export opportunites (exporting to Europe ?......watch that E/G rate !....sell to the US dammit with that greenback tailwind) i'm not getting anytime to talk and play currencies

will log in whenever I can but boy i'm cold turkey

hope F is creating havoc as usual

N

Last edited:
ps if anyone knows an expert in the brickworks business or in extraction/production/selling bottled water then let me know ......

N

hows it all going gang ?............I hope well

jees i'm getting withdrawal symptoms .........i'm full on in this new role ....its all around developing new business ventures and longer term commercial income for Local government and the pressure is on for results in this election year !!!

aside from an interesting discussion with the treasury team re their investment portfolio and some low level input on any export opportunites (exporting to Europe ?......watch that E/G rate !....sell to the US dammit with that greenback tailwind) i'm not getting anytime to talk and play currencies

will log in whenever I can but boy i'm cold turkey

hope F is creating havoc as usual

N

Hi N

Yes - got some new plans and have started doing a few things differently on another thread ( not mine ) with calls - one directional - in advance - off 3-7 pip stops with potential targets and updates etc etc.

Also marking some every day on my thread in advance in RED

As you know I dont want to be an alert service or fortune teller - but quite happy to make live calls in advance of the movements on super tight stops - just to show how important "timing " is in trading.

I will never get every call correct - I am just happy on ideally over 7 out of 10 - but even some of my bad calls that dont go on to projected targets - still make a profit before I exit

Glad you are busy and all is well. You are bound to miss trading and look forward to you back the odd day or session

All the best to you

Best Regards

F

Interesting, I play in the indices but I'll give this thread a run on demo to test it out. I only read the last 2 pages because the thread is so long, but I don't see you mentioning your stop losses & take profits very much with these trades? On the first post you talked about how your stops will be between 3-7 pips with target 7-25, are you mentioning these with your entry points?

Interesting, I play in the indices but I'll give this thread a run on demo to test it out. I only read the last 2 pages because the thread is so long, but I don't see you mentioning your stop losses & take profits very much with these trades? On the first post you talked about how your stops will be between 3-7 pips with target 7-25, are you mentioning these with your entry points?

Hi myattitude

Maybe worth reading the first few pages as well -also skip through my other thread explaining my methodology -

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tra...ding-forex-market-make-consistent-profit.html.

Every trade I take - whether its just a scalp for 3 pips or a scalp/ swing that goes on to make 300+ pips is always from a tight stop of 3 to 7 pips - which includes the spread as well

So on the GJ and say EA etc - might need to allow 3-4 pips as spread - so I need a 7 pip stop ( soft - one click style )

With my main pairs - all with spreads under 1 pip - then a 5 pip stop is adequate when you get your timing correct and allows scalps for say 7 or 10 pips to end up as trades with RR's of 2.

My entries are KEY = and paramount for my method - and so time and time windows and the 6 key times of the hour are factored into my method.

If I get the entry correct and at the correct price within say 1 minute - even if the trade does not make my goals of 7 -25 pips under 20 -30 mins - I still might be able to exit with a profit - even if its only 1 or 2 pips.

If i am totally wrong and after entry within say 1 min it goes 2 or 3 pips against me - I exit - I dont wait for my soft 5 or 7 pip stop.

If the scalp works out well - and i think it as potential of more than 20 -25 pips - I will exit with 70% and leave 30% with stop in a few pips profit .

Its then a win / win scenario - I either get stopped out with just say 1-5 pips - or it goes on for hours and days and I just move the stop more into profit. I don't have to babysit it every few mins like a scalp - once its got say 30 or 60 pips behind it - i can just check every hour or two and if it gets over say 120 pips - then it might only need checking every 4 hrs and in between I can even scalp against my 30% stake.

My method works - Full stop. I have taken in total over 16k live trades now and over 7k with the exact same way as I will do this week.

Trouble is - its complex and requires a lot of skill and thousands of live chart FX experience behind you - so that you have a great understanding of FX movements at the "coalface" - ie on charts from tick to 30 mins. I need plenty of clues and many variables to match up for a high probability

I personally dont think simple can make the returns I require from Intraday FX trading - ie 25 -50% per month off retail size accounts - with no compounding - with no large drawdowns and stake sizes on accounts over $50k under 1%

My daily target is 50 pips - some days it easy and i make double or treble even off under 15 trades

Other slow or difficult days - I might take 18 trades - have 5 go wrong - and only make 36 pips and struggle - but priority is no losing day

By all means check it out and if I can answer any of your queries etc - please dont hesistate to join in etc etc

I am at least once a day making live calls in advance of the price entry with stops under 7 pips - but for the rest of the time - if you use my chart set up - my time windows etc - then you will see trades as I see them - without out me calling them in advance - ie I don't want to be a trade alert service - and i don't sell anything - but happy to help genuine traders who might want assistance on their journey

Good Trading

Regards

F

chart help

hi after reading your forum notes were can I find your chart as I would like to give it a run but do need help finding your charts I am in the UK so the time difference in the markets may be a bit more tricky to follow you but am looking forward to it:clap:

hi after reading your forum notes were can I find your chart as I would like to give it a run but do need help finding your charts I am in the UK so the time difference in the markets may be a bit more tricky to follow you but am looking forward to it:clap:

Hi dpageok

You can find my one min LR chart set up in the other thread -http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-systems/183694-intraday-trading-forex-market-make-consistent-profit.html

Located in trading systems on this forum

I am also based in UK - so a bit confused with your reference to time difference?

Also - please tell me a bit about your FX trading experience - as my method unfortunately is not for traders without a year or two of existing experience using other methods such as Harmonics or EW or PF's etc etc

One member who copied my methods ( Major Magnum ) and learn all about the system took approx 8 months to be able to replicate it at a good level - with a live account

I say this because its not simple and its not a method you can pick up and copy all within a few months - and so would not want to waste your time etc

If you fit the pre requisites i will try and assist you - totally free of charge and openly on this thread.

Regards

F

Hi myattitude

Maybe worth reading the first few pages as well -also skip through my other thread explaining my methodology -

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tra...ding-forex-market-make-consistent-profit.html.

Every trade I take - whether its just a scalp for 3 pips or a scalp/ swing that goes on to make 300+ pips is always from a tight stop of 3 to 7 pips - which includes the spread as well

So on the GJ and say EA etc - might need to allow 3-4 pips as spread - so I need a 7 pip stop ( soft - one click style )

With my main pairs - all with spreads under 1 pip - then a 5 pip stop is adequate when you get your timing correct and allows scalps for say 7 or 10 pips to end up as trades with RR's of 2.

My entries are KEY = and paramount for my method - and so time and time windows and the 6 key times of the hour are factored into my method.

If I get the entry correct and at the correct price within say 1 minute - even if the trade does not make my goals of 7 -25 pips under 20 -30 mins - I still might be able to exit with a profit - even if its only 1 or 2 pips.

If i am totally wrong and after entry within say 1 min it goes 2 or 3 pips against me - I exit - I dont wait for my soft 5 or 7 pip stop.

If the scalp works out well - and i think it as potential of more than 20 -25 pips - I will exit with 70% and leave 30% with stop in a few pips profit .

Its then a win / win scenario - I either get stopped out with just say 1-5 pips - or it goes on for hours and days and I just move the stop more into profit. I don't have to babysit it every few mins like a scalp - once its got say 30 or 60 pips behind it - i can just check every hour or two and if it gets over say 120 pips - then it might only need checking every 4 hrs and in between I can even scalp against my 30% stake.

My method works - Full stop. I have taken in total over 16k live trades now and over 7k with the exact same way as I will do this week.

Trouble is - its complex and requires a lot of skill and thousands of live chart FX experience behind you - so that you have a great understanding of FX movements at the "coalface" - ie on charts from tick to 30 mins. I need plenty of clues and many variables to match up for a high probability

I personally dont think simple can make the returns I require from Intraday FX trading - ie 25 -50% per month off retail size accounts - with no compounding - with no large drawdowns and stake sizes on accounts over $50k under 1%

My daily target is 50 pips - some days it easy and i make double or treble even off under 15 trades

Other slow or difficult days - I might take 18 trades - have 5 go wrong - and only make 36 pips and struggle - but priority is no losing day

By all means check it out and if I can answer any of your queries etc - please dont hesistate to join in etc etc

I am at least once a day making live calls in advance of the price entry with stops under 7 pips - but for the rest of the time - if you use my chart set up - my time windows etc - then you will see trades as I see them - without out me calling them in advance - ie I don't want to be a trade alert service - and i don't sell anything - but happy to help genuine traders who might want assistance on their journey

Good Trading

Regards

F

Hi F,

I haven't had much chance to trade in the new year. Work + studying for an exam in March. I thought I could do 2.5 hours of trading in the morning then work, gym, and study... Let's say I was a bit overzealous.

Nonetheless, I'll be back after my exam in March. Hopefully, you would not have retired by then.

Also, thanks for the clarification on trade management. The 1-3 minute post entry money management stuff I haven't read elsewhere. Learn something new everyday.

One quick question, I know you're into shorter tf trading, but do you see potential 1-3 mo reversal for the USD in the works? I'm starting to see all the USD pairs turning on the 60m+ tfs (except CAD). I'm asking because I'm looking to scale into oil (UWTI 3x etf) big time in the coming months. This could be the trade of the year.

Best,

J

Thanks for sharing that link to your older posts FXM, I missed that thread. Hope everyone's start to the week is profitable. I am already practising Scaling out and moving to BE as suggested by Fxm last week, it just makes sense I don't know why I wasn't doing it earlier - even with my little lots.

Monday 12th January 2015 - Pre Opens

GM to all FX Intraday Traders

Start of the second full week of a new month and new year.

Not checked the calender yet but will do in next 10 minutes.

Notice I have a couple of questions to answer from yesterday - so will try and get those answered this morning

Being a Monday - not going to be around for the whole day.

In for first 45 mins - back after 8 30am to maybe 10 00 am an then back over Lunchtime along with a couple of hours early US session.

Normal stuff - along with the odd one or two LIVE CALL - IN ADVANCE of move with 3-7 pips stop and and targets of 7 -25 + pips ( but not a pure scalp ) which after all maybe 80% of all my trades are scalps - that may only last 3 -10 minutes and so they cannot always be called well in advance

Have a good day - and keep an eye on the other Live Thread as well

Regards

F

For the members who maybe cannot read too well or dont understand LIVE Calls in ADVANCE

I will now be typing them in RED - so that they stand out and you dont have to spend 5 mins finding them

Remember my stops on all FX pairs range from 3- 7 pips ( max) and targets always 7 - 25+ pips

Simple stuff I suppose - but not if you are a hater or disser I suppose ;-)

Last edited:
EU

6 57am

Price at 1859 with a high at a R area area of 1873 - ie 1865 to 80 is all R and so to try higher we nee dto see a clear breach of these prices

Interim supports at 1830 area and 1845

Not in any scalp coming up to hr change on EU

GU

6 59am

Price at 5165 after a 5195 high and supports 5145 - 65 area

Similar to EU - and not in a scalp on GU at hr change

AU

7 03 am

Bullish session mode with price at 8244 after a 8255 high

We might get pullbacks - but while price stays above 8200 and 8230/35 then price structure favours tries higher above 8250 and 8260

Status
Not open for further replies.