Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst the EU is still trying to fall - but still not under 95 - and i would like to scalp buy it over 85 - the Swissy as done a new high today at 9071.

That should be ready to scalp sell maybe at the hr change - lets see how they both line up ;-)

The Swissy as been easier on the scalp sell under the high of 71. The EU as been crafty trying 94 after not going under 96 for ages

Eu above 95 is a scalp buy - but I would only hold mine on over 3603 and 05.

Under 92 - would still not scalp sell as supports above 85

Would not hold 30% stake on Swissy above 63 - but if no under 52 in next 10 mins will pull

Similar scenario with EU scalp buy - - under 05 would pull 30% stake part as out in next 20 mins again on another school run unfortunately ;-(

Hi Split - normal daily target 50 pips - but will do 10 - 20 trades and good days easy double or treble target and bad days I have to work hard and do the trades to make my 50 pips.

So far 3 days since November 2nd I have not made 50 pips - but all days have profit - which is my first priority

Off out now - so taken my 30% stake off as well - as out over an hr this time

GL

Regards

F

must be time for kick in chestnuts short eur/usd 1.3610 stop-5

Ouch, unlucky BP, didn't have it on my screen, I'll do the honours for you :LOL:

Attachments

• bp1.jpeg
    bp1.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 111
  • bp.png
    bp.png
    65.6 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
you are so kind roberto kicking this poor a-se out of pants trader when down (lol)

Last edited:
Hi all, hope your trading has been good today
I am still have issues with the commission charges on my FXpro account.
I sent an email but got an answer that totally ignored the point made in my email.
Im sure there is a good explanation.
check out these trades. MAybe its just my math, but how in the land of reality can a 9.4 pip gain at 20k, plus a 5.1 pip gain at 10K make £12.89 when a 5 pip loss at 30k makes a 14.15 loss?
Any help understanding this would be appreciated

Well because the two things you're trading are not equal. When size is 20k, you need to think about 20k of what. You're actually dealing in sizes of different currencies but your account is denominated in euros.

I'm not going to go through and check whether it is correct, but this is pretty basic, and you should find out what it really means when you go long a certain size on a currency pair, and you shouldn't be trading until you do know that.

Last edited:
What is even more important is that the central issue was completely ignored in the reply from Fxpro. thier reply has helpfully compared the difference between the two winning positions, and has pointed out that
"
The reason for the difference in commission is because one order is 10k trade size and the other is 20k."

This in itself is deeply worrying for obvious reasons.

Yes that is worrying. I have never traded with them so I can't really speak more on them.

But with respect, you really should not be trading at all if you don't understand what it is that you're trading, i.e. how a change will produce a profit. It's dangerous to not know this.

Ok so the currency conversion rates being different is enough to skew any comparison. Thanks for that help.
Thanks also for the note about not trading until i know the basics. Ive been learning basics for quite a while now, and anticipate more learning ahead.

So if you go long 10k GBPUSD at 1.64, think about what this means. For example, does it mean you are long 10k pounds, worth 16.4k dollars?

Then if price goes up 10 pips to 1.6410, 10k pounds is worth 16,410 dollars, in effect we've gained 10 dollars, as you'd expect. You can then convert this $10 back into the currency that your account is denominated in.

Now consider when you go short 10k EURAUD, what does that mean and how will a 10 pip move compare?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.