Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.

But did you build your account at a good level from nothing or nearly? If not maybe that could have triggered and weight on yourself.

Do you think also that you would not have those consecutive 7 losses if your stakes were more adequate to yourself?

I look back and realise - i had compounded too quickly and was not mentally tuned to handle larger losses etc - I did not have thousands of wins behind me at the time and so was in new "territory" - and pressure got to me.

Nowadays I have ways around this. If I have 3 consecutive losses - i have an hour out and make sure my next trade as a stop in at least 1 pip of profit after entry - so to make sure I break the loss sequence .

The mind is the problem - believe me - well it is for say 90%+ of all traders.

If you have say a $500k capital account a $5k loss is still in your comfort zone etc - ie relative

If you lose $5k on a $15 or $20k account - it will just give you lots of negativity and effect you normal trading ability etc etc

Regards

F

8 23 am

A very slow and holiday market this morning.

Not going to stay with this all morning - so will just pop in and out mainly at the hour TW's

Will see if I can get a new scalp in this TW - but if not - then will look again after 8 51 am

Took a short, you can view on my giornale.

EJ

8 13 am

Still looking at scalp selling it under 146 73 after a bounce from 50/ 52

Did not take the scalp buy - as PA slow and weak still with price structure so far favouring a bear session atm

8 36 am

EJ

I just wish I had taken scalp buy above 52 - shame

Got a scalp sell after a 146 72 /3 high at 8 27 am

Taken 70% off at 65 - ie 6 pips profit and will leave 30% on under 71

I look back and realise - i had compounded too quickly and was not mentally tuned to handle larger losses etc - I did not have thousands of wins behind me at the time and so was in new "territory" - and pressure got to me.

Nowadays I have ways around this. If I have 3 consecutive losses - i have an hour out and make sure my next trade as a stop in at least 1 pip of profit after entry - so to make sure I break the loss sequence .

The mind is the problem - believe me - well it is for say 90%+ of all traders.

If you have say a $500k capital account a $5k loss is still in your comfort zone etc - ie relative

If you lose $5k on a $15 or $20k account - it will just give you lots of negativity and effect you normal trading ability etc etc

Regards

F

YES.

Good post.

EJ

8 44am

Moved 30% stop down to 68 after it made a 63 low

It could turn above 60 so just wanting a few pips safe whilst hoping wit will try under both 63 and under 60

If it gets me - no problem - at least 6 pips on 70% stake and then would be 3 pips on 30% stake

8 49 am

AU

Finally made above 43 and price now at 47

Been awaiting a 43 break up since after 7 00 am

Needs over 51 to hold buys on - otherwise take what you can get and re enter buys on pullbacks staying above 37 /38

Seen your chart on your thread

Well Done

I had been keen to scalp buy EU whilst above 2185 / 88 area- but interim supports let go and the sell was certainly on

now she is going back gently (HH's and HL's) to the major TL where the false BO occurred previously (not yet) forming a huge wedge....I try to avoid range, I see them more of gamble momentum which I am not very keen...

now she is going back gently (HH's and HL's) to the major TL where the false BO occurred previously (not yet) forming a huge wedge....I try to avoid range, I see them more of gamble momentum which I am not very keen...

My line in the sand is 2195/6

Above I favour more buys

Below and then its whether the interim supports at first 65 / 70 and then 80 /83 hold - or whether both let go and we continue to fall

EU not a pair I want to trade until we get some more clear structure

Above I favour more buys

Below and then its whether the interim supports at first 65 / 70 and then 80 /83 hold - or whether both let go and we continue to fall

YES.

A classic false BO, got trapped a few eager bears, now that wedge became a upwards
channel (not adjusted) and not anymore a pause of the previous leg down, but into range, at least this is how I read it.

Attachments

• false.png
    false.png
    36.4 KB · Views: 82
YES.

A classic false BO, got trapped a few eager bears, now that wedge became a upwards
channel (not adjusted) and not anymore a pause of the previous leg down, but into range, at least this is how I read it.

Just broke the major TL strongly, now going back to the upper channel mentioned before

9 11 am

Got to pop out in 10 mins - but should be back for 10 am TW

Taken out 30% SELL on EJ at 68/9

That was a scalp buy area and if you check it out - one of the 6 most important times - ie on the hr change at 9 00 am or 9 01 am was scalp buy on LR's and PA etc

I got 146 704 and exited after a 82 high at 79 - as knowing I was going out - taken all off

See you later guys - stay focused

9 11 am

Got to pop out in 10 mins - but should be back for 10 am TW

Taken out 30% SELL on EJ at 68/9

That was a scalp buy area and if you check it out - one of the 6 most important times - ie on the hr change at 9 00 am or 9 01 am was scalp buy on LR's and PA etc

I got 146 704 and exited after a 82 high at 79 - as knowing I was going out - taken all off

See you later guys - stay focused

au revoir monsieur

missed a nice asymmetrical triangle good long... I need to focus more on my chart........never mind.....at least I know....

sometime is difficult to maintain focus when market goes slow for a long time......... but it can pop at any time..as it did

Last edited:
Grabbed 12 pips profit from that euro break. 90 pips profit on day so far now between 3 instruments

Morning Devilicus

I guess you either start before 5 am or you had some trades on - or you counting all pips on part stakes etc etc

What ever - if you have bagged 90 pips since after Midnight last night -

WELL DONE

Keep it up (y)

7 33 am

AU - not a good start

Only 2 pips and abandoned scalp buy as could not make over 8139 and I needed above 42/43 to hold the scalp buy on longer

EU and GU not taken any scalp buys yet - still awaiting for support areas to hold - and so far - prices still pulling back lower

8 49 am

AU

Finally made above 43 and price now at 47

Been awaiting a 43 break up since after 7 00 am

Needs over 51 to hold buys on - otherwise take what you can get and re enter buys on pullbacks staying above 37 /38

AU comments starting nearly 3 hrs ago

So far AU made 8162 -I am still in on 30% stake - but will move stop up to 56 - which is really a scalp sell price as well

Morning Devilicus

I guess you either start before 5 am or you had some trades on - or you counting all pips on part stakes etc etc

What ever - if you have bagged 90 pips since after Midnight last night -

WELL DONE

Keep it up (y)

I don't usually show statements, but since it's a new year coming up and all...
20odd on dax, 60 odd on oil and 12 on euro.
Just another very average morning for me

Attachments

• fff.JPG
    fff.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 59

Above I favour more buys

EU from nearly 85 mins ago

My line in sand still 2195

Staying above it favours tries above 2220 again - but under 93 and 90 - then it tests of those lower supports again

Also got a new dynamic supports at 85 /87 - that could also be used as a bounce point

Status
Not open for further replies.