InTheMoneyStocks Market Analysis

Re: The Money Play Is Palm. (NASDAQ:pALM)

Thanks for that InTheMoneyStocks. Ive got a pet monkey sitting right next to me that I could train to trade on the direction of a email as well. Perhaps then I could just loaf around and wouldn't really need to do anything. The monkey would be earning me money.

If you want to I could lend you the pet monkey (trained or untrained) and then you wouldn't even need to spend time posting on the board as he could read your emails and trade accordingly.

I have wondered all these years whether there is an easy way of making money, and thanks to you IntheMoney Stocks I seem to have found it. A trained pet monkey.

I suppose InTheMonkeyStocks could give away a free monkey with each subscription so the users wouldn't even need to press a button.

Do they underwrite the losses as well ? In which case where do I sign up ?

very immature

I would encourage you to apologise for such a statement.

(n)

Coal Plays On Fire Triggering My Love For National Coal Corp. (NASDAQ:NCOC)

Commodity stocks have been ripping of late. After the Jobs Report on Friday, the U.S Economy seems to be on the path to a solid recovery or so it may seem to most. Positive comments have emerged on many sectors from steel to coal. With analysts seeing a recovery not only in the United States but around the world, commodity prices have soared. Oil is now over $80 per barrel and other energy sources are not far behind.

Talk on coal has been extremely positive and stocks like Puda Coal, Inc (AMEX:pUDA), Patriot Coal Corporation (NYSE:pCX) and James River Coal Company (NASDAQ:JRCC) have not disappointed. These stocks have seen a meteoric rise. Just in the last three weeks, PUDA has jumped over 100%. Larger players like Patriot Coal have also ripped higher to the tune of 30% or more.

Over the weekend I was looking through these charts which you can view below and I came across National Coal Corp. (NASDAQ:NCOC). This coal stock has been crushed and seen none of the recent momentum in the sector. With the momentum pushing so hard and the gains in other coal stocks so high, it is hard to believe National Coal Corp. will not see some of that love. While any stock trading below $1.00 carries a ton of risk, I think it has some potential at these levels in the near term. I picked up some myself today at current levels and will see how it plays out.

Disclosure: Chief Market Strategist Gareth Soloway is long National Coal Corp at the time this article was written.

Gareth Soloway
Chief Market Strategist
InTheMoneyStocks.com

PUDA03_08_10.jpg

PCX03_08_10.jpg

NCOC03_08_10.jpg

RealTick graphics used with permission of Townsend Analytics, Ltd. ©1986-2010 Townsend Analytics, Ltd. All Rights Reserved. RealTick is a registered trademark of Townsend Analytics, Ltd

Research In Motion Limited (NASDAQ:RIMM) Breaks Through Key Gap Fill Resistance

Research In Motion Limited (NASDAQ:RIMM) jumped higher today on analysts upgrades. The stock has been stuck in a major range of late, unable to break through key resistance. That may be over today, finally.

The stock is up $3.70 (5.25%) today. The key was the massive resistance the stock was seeing at $71.50. This resistance level is known as gap window. The stock has hit this key level many times in the past few months but never had a day when it closed above it. The gap window stretches all the way back to the key break down off of earnings back on September 25th, 2009.

With the stock trading over $73.00 today, it looks very likely it will close above the master level of $71.50. If that happens, Research In Motion may see a continued uptrend towards gap fill. Research In Motion will report earnings later this month.
RIMM03_08_10.jpg

Gold Pulls Back Into Key Support....But Danger Looms. (NYSE:GLD), (NYSE:AUY)

Spot gold pulled back again today as the dollar hovered higher. The SPDR Gold Trust (NYSE:GLD) has now fallen into a key support at $109.00. Not only is this a necktie between the 50 moving average and the 20 moving average, but if you connect the recent daily lows (as seen below), there is a key trend line support. While this support looks amazing in many respects, be very cautious. A move below that support and the GLD could and most likely will see a tumble to the recent lows of $102.00.

Gold stocks like Yamana Gold Inc. (NYSE:AUY) continue to hover just off support as well. This stock looks to have good support around $10.00. However, should it fail to hold, a sharp down move would be expected. While AUY has been weak of late, Newmont Mining Corporation (NYSE:NEM) has been a powerhouse. This stock has soared from the range of $43.00 all the way to a recent high of over $52.00. In recent days it has pulled back to the $51.00 area. Keep a close eye on NEM as it does still look a little near term extended. Should the GLD break that key level, this could have a significant fall to it.

Please note that everything comes back to that key level on the GLD. Should the GLD hold the master $109.00 level, gold stocks should continue to do well in the coming weeks. However, should the GLD break, watch out below not only on gold, but on many of these miners. The dollar continues to show decent strength today. Gold moves the opposite way of the dollar. In addition, gold tends to move higher if panic sets in on the markets. I will continue to update you on gold.

Gareth Soloway
Chief Market Strategist
InTheMoneyStocks.com

GLD03_09_10.jpg

RealTick graphics used with permission of Townsend Analytics, Ltd. ©1986-2010 Townsend Analytics, Ltd. All Rights Reserved. RealTick is a registered trademark of Townsend Analytics, Ltd

Let me get this clear. This Gareth guy who owns a long position, probably bought in at $600 or so dollars a share and how is giving out more advice on when to buy it again now that it is worth around 1% of what he went in at. Sounds like good advice to follow. I think my coin and pet monkey give better advice.

Second to that Gareth guy told you to buy in at 6.27, yet there is a claim after the event that the purchase price was 5.83 and an unbelievable exit at 6.43 right at the top of the peak. Unbelievable, I doubt even God could have exited that efficiently, let alone Gareth.

Basically don't believe a word of this nonsense.

You also claim to know what you are doing, but you follow the advice of this Gareth person. So InTheMonkey you are no different to my trained pet monkey - just trade on someone else's emails ?

Gareth thank you for posting your thoughts on the recent PALM trade. Although I have only been with ITMS for a few months, the nightly videos and various articles have been an essential part of my trading toolkit during this time of fast changing market dynamics. Thank you very much and all the best in 2010. :cool:

Please excuse ukdaytrader who clearly has a vested interest in promoting his pet monkey business :innocent:.

Gold Smoked Intra Day Signals People Want More Risk, Also Means Top Is Near (NYSE:GLD

The fact that gold has been crushed today with the dollar lower and the markets higher tells me a top is near. Why? Simply put, gold dropping tells me the average person, believes they can make far more money by going into riskier assets like stocks. Why does that signal a top? When the masses fully believe a rally is at hand, the rally has already happened and is over. Sadistic? Yes! Funny? not really!

The dollar opened flat to slightly higher today. Gold also opened higher. The dollar has fallen but gold has tanked sharply as well. Generally, when the dollar falls gold spikes higher. Much like we are seeing with oil today. So why is gold dropping? Just like I said before, gold is collapsing as the amateurs look to make more money in other assets. Thus a perfect indicator of a top in the markets and stocks.

The gold indicator is truly a great one seen today. Understand it and utilize it well. In addition, join the Research Center to get all the long and short swing trades on the market, stocks, commodities and dollar. Get it all so you can make money! I will see you all there!

Gareth Soloway
Chief Market Strategist
InTheMoneyStocks.com
GLD03_10_10.jpg

I cant see how an apology is required ?

Original question was on Palm. Why post it if you don't want a response and run a subscription service anyway. I responded on how rubbish the company is together with my alternative recommendations.

If the individual is trying to promote the subscription service then by all means indicate that this is an advert and a response from members is not expected.

The point being made here is that there are hundreds of people selling their subscription services and thousands of monkeys buying them.

However I doubt any single successful trader would ever turn their trading into a subscription service. Do you hear of Warren of Soros or any half decent hedge fund having a subscription service for their trades ? Er no because they are too busy making money. Why would anyone would want to share their ideas for a few dollars - I dont know.

And if they wanted to do it for charity - then they would do it for free. My trades are on twitter for all to see and they are for free.

From the stock action in the previous 5 weeks, it seems Wall Street already knew this. The question remains, when is it a buy? At these current levels,the stock looks extremely attractive for a few reasons. First, the volume yesterday on the massive warning and price flush could and most likely signals capitulation. This would signal a possible price reversal in the short term. In addition, the price today came just above massive support at $5.85. The key on the stock would be to watch the close of today. If the stock closes above the low from yesterday, the short term bottom is most likely in and a bounce could be seen. This is just a short term bounce expected.

With the stock having fallen from $14.17 to a low today of $6.07 in just five weeks, Palm, Inc. is extremely oversold near term. The stock has been punished and volume and price does indicate a bottom

I'm a "serious" student of Technical Analysis for about a year. I would like to point
out a few things that your explanation did not satisfy me, and would not say that
what you're saying is not correct - only unclear in the way that you explain things:

From the stock action in the previous 5 weeks, it seems Wall Street already knew this.
The question remains, when is it a buy?
At these current levels, the stock looks extremely attractive
for a few reasons. First, the volume yesterday on the massive warning and price flush
could and most likely signals capitulation. This would signal a possible price reversal in the short term.
In addition, the price today came just above massive support at $5.85.

The appearance of a Doji on the day of the big sell off should get the attention
from traders for a possible reversal, especially its appearance right after a long down period.
The following day was another big down day. To qualify a good day, the up side needs to have strong volume
to go with the price, a bad (down) day doesn't need to have strong volume to go with that but the high volume
on the down day after the Doji indicated that the negative sentiment was still very strong and the Doji
had little meaning in this case. Actually, it was a negative Doji since it coud not recover the gap-down.

I don't know how you called the $5.85 a massive support but a short-term bottom is
something that I want to get myself into a stock that is in a weak situation, just look
at how PALM reacted with the possibility of short term reversion when it closed below
the lower Bollinger Band in October.

The various books I'm studying teach me that technical analysis is the art of identifying
a (price) trend reversal (*) based on the weight of the evidence. A trend presumed to be continued
until a reversal signal that is to be confirmed by technical indicators (plural).

SDS1yr.gif

MSTR1yr.gif

In my studying of Technical Analysis, I've learned that it's better off to go with a
strong stock, those that move above the 50-SMA or 20-EMA instead of those that
move as can be seen by the 1-year charts of SDS & MSTR.

For big-swingers, I've added RICK and MDVN to my watch list. Look at the 3-year
weekly charts with 20-EMA or 50-SMA of MDCN and RICK and you'll see how exciting
things are.

Trading The Day: A Guide To Profits. (NYSE:IBM), (NASDAQ:AMZN), (NYSE:SPY)

As a Chief Market Strategist, I love to look at charts, analyze and discover swing trades in any direction. It is like going through old baseball cards and not sure when I will find the Mickey Mantle or Babe Ruth or better yet, sifting through sand or dirt and finding diamonds. The markets today are showing a little bit of weakness but the continued light volume is keeping them from selling to any significant point. The formation on the charts from yesterday is a clear triangle pattern which dictates consolidation from the up move early in the week. The big question is, which way will the markets go? Will we break through the key resistance at $115.15 - $115.30 or stall out, collapsing lower on the SPDR S&P 500 ETF (NYSE:SPY).

Jobless Claims were reported today in line with estimates. The Labor Department reported that initial claims for unemployment benefits fell 6,000 to a seasonally adjusted 462,000.

The strongest stock of the day goes International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM). It is soaring higher by 1.55% or $2.00. This is one of the key components of the DOW. As a result, this is probably adding close to 20 points alone to the index. With the DOW flat on the day, just imagine where it would be if IBM was flat. Probably -25 or so.

The massive resistance slam down play goes to Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN). AMZN is higher by about 2%. The stock has had a solid move up in the last couple weeks but is heading into major resistance. As a technical trader, I follow the charts closely. If you connect the 52 week high made on 12/03/2009 and the secondary pivot on made on 12/29/2009, that line will yield the current price of AMZN at $133.00 - $133.50. Be on alert, this looks like a short term top on Amazon.com.

The market continues to hover around the flat line. Keep an eye on IBM. Should it start to drop, the markets could fall back nicely. In addition, watch AMZN at current levels. A pull back on the daily chart is likely off this technical level.

Gareth Soloway
Chief Market Strategist
InTheMoneyStocks.com

AMZN03_11_10.jpg

Did The Market Flush Out The Weak Handed Shorts? (NYSE:SPY), (NYSE:pOT), (NYSE:GS), (

As I research the markets day after day, I find some interesting technical signals and signs recurring. One that I mentioned recently was in relation to the previous 52 week high on the SPDR S&P 500 ETF (NYSE:SPY). The previous 52 week high was $115.14, until it was taken out over the last few days. My previous thesis and call was that the institutions, seeing the markets hit the 52 week high of $115.14, would take the market through that level to approximately $116.00. The reason for this theory is due to the weak handed amateur shorts in the market. When any major stock or market hits a key major resistance level, amateurs and pros will sell or short it. That creates the key resistance at that level and the reason for the markets to stall. The key is to understand the institutional money and realize they will push the market through this level to scare the amateur shorts out of the market, grabbing their money. When the $115.14 level was hit, traders shorted the market. Sure enough, the market was driven higher today, jumping to $116.00. Once the weak hands are out, the market can then fall and institutions bank even more money.

This is a sad but true fact of the markets. We must all understand the game. I said to my premium subscribers in last nights Research Center video that I would look for the markets to go to $116.00. Sure enough, that is the high range of the day. Since then, the markets have faded beautifully. Learn the game, profit from the game.

The markets today are hovering flat, after a gap higher. The gap higher came on the back of 8:30am ET Retail Sales numbers that were slightly better than expected. As soon as the market opened, it dumped. The selling continued on some poor consumer sentiment numbers. The University of Michigan index came in less than expected. The markets sold from a high of the day on the SPY at $115.97, all the way to a low of $115.14. Notice the number of the low of the day? Yes, the previous 52 week high. Poetic in many ways. Since that low, the markets have gone sideways to higher, floating on extremely light Friday volume.

Stocks In Motion

Potash Corp. Saskatchewan (NYSE:pOT) gapped higher today on the back of comments from the company. They said their earnings would be higher for the first quarter. Potash Corp. stated earnings would be in the range of $1.30-$1.50, well above the initial guidance of $0.70-$1.00 per share. The stock soared almost 7% on the day.

The financial sector is strong today and one of the main reasons the markets are holding flat on the day and not selling. The key today seems to be Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (NYSE:GS). This stock is single handedly keeping the markets up. Goldman Sachs is higher by 1.40% today.

Another key to the markets holding flat is clearly Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL). The technology sector is not very strong today but Apple is making up for it. The stock continues to hold most of its gains today up $1.36 to $226.86. Optimism over the release of the IPAD is still luring buyers into the stock. Both Goldman Sachs and Apple Computer are near term overbought and due for pullbacks. However, due to the light volume this may be hard to come by.

The last key to the market holding up today instead of selling hard is the dollar. The dollar is getting hammered. As the dollar drops, bids come in the market. To understand this one must understand money flow and commodities in relation to the dollar. When money flows out of the dollar it looks for someplace else to go. Someplace where returns will be decent. The answer to that is stocks. In addition, when the dollar drops, commodities must move higher to compensate. As commodities jump, so do commodity stocks which are now a huge part of the S&P 500. Therefore, this takes the markets up a little as well.

Gareth Soloway
Chief Market Strategist
InTheMoneyStocks.com

Volume Saves Market On Friday. Can It Again?

The markets gapped higher on Friday, only too sell off sharply. For the first 45 minutes, the markets sold hard. Then, light volume took over. The markets floated sideways to higher creating a beautiful in spirit of bear flag. This pattern can be seen on charts of the S&P 500, Dow or Nasdaq. It can also be viewed on the SPDR S&P 500 ETF (NYSE:SPY) as shown below or the PowerShares QQQ Trust, Series 1 (NASDAQ:QQQQ). Stocks also showed this in spirit of bear flag in many charts. To view this same pattern, look at the chart of Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) or Research In Motion Limited (NASDAQ:RIMM).

What does this overall pattern mean? An in spirit of bear flag pattern is a high probability pattern that dictates a coming down move. The recognition of this pattern has been utilized by me to make countless dollars in the last few years. While this pattern was forming all day on Friday, something else was afoot that had to be watched. This factor was extremely light volume.

After the in spirit of bear flag formed all day long, the 3pm ET time frame hit. The markets started to move lower, showing an attempt of the pattern to play out. However, no sooner did the markets hit the first minor support level, the volume failed to push it through. The flag pattern could not break lower and thus stalled out. The markets bounced back higher. Volume is a key to the markets and patterns playing out on the downside. Friday was a great example how the pattern started to play out and then could not quite finish do to volume.

Did the pattern fail? No. The pattern is still intact, though weakened. Watch Monday for volume in the markets. Should that show up, the markets have a solid chance of continuing the pattern. If the volume remains like last week, the pattern will likely fail.

Gareth Soloway
Chief Market Strategist
InTheMoneyStocks.com

SPY03_14_10.jpg

Market Dumps Completing Bear Flag.

As I wrote about this weekend, the markets had a beautiful in spirit of bear flag. Sure enough, it is playing out today with a nice sharp sell off in the markets. As mentioned to my premium members on Friday, I put the chance of a top at 70% near term. So far the markets are playing this out like a fiddle.

The SPDR S&P 500 ETF (NYSE:SPY) is lower by $0.76 (-.65%). There has been really no negative news today which enforces the whole idea that charts are key to reading the market correctly. That is what we do in the Research Center. The SPDR Dow Jones Industrial Average ETF (NYSE:DIA) is lower by $0.47 (-.45%).

The Nasdaq is under pressure today as some key stocks are getting hit hard. Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) is having a rare sharp down day as profit takers are out in full force from the recent run up. Apple is down over $5.00 or -2.30%). In addition, word on the street is that Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG) is 99% sure to pull out of China. This is sending the stock down almost 4%. In response to that report, Baidu, Inc.(ADR) (NASDAQ:BIDU) is surging over 6% as they would truly take over as the only search engine.

The key again to this move lower today is all technical folks. For the non believers out there, I urge you to start learning a little. It will open your eyes. Below is the article I wrote over the weekend talking about the in spirit of bear flag pattern just needing volume to play out. The markets sure enough gave us just that today! Enjoy and see you all in the Research Center at InTheMoneyStocks.

Gareth Soloway
Chief Market Strategist
InTheMoneyStocks.com

Volume Saves Market On Friday. Can It Again?
By Gareth Soloway on March 14th, 2010 12:55pm Eastern Time

The markets gapped higher on Friday, only too sell off sharply. For the first 45 minutes, the markets sold hard. Then, light volume took over. The markets floated sideways to higher creating a beautiful in spirit of bear flag. This pattern can be seen on charts of the S&P 500, Dow or Nasdaq. It can also be viewed on the SPDR S&P 500 ETF (NYSE:SPY) as shown below or the PowerShares QQQ Trust, Series 1 (NASDAQ:QQQQ). Stocks also showed this in spirit of bear flag in many charts. To view this same pattern, look at the chart of Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) or Research In Motion Limited (NASDAQ:RIMM).

What does this overall pattern mean? An in spirit of bear flag pattern is a high probability pattern that dictates a coming down move. The recognition of this pattern has been utilized by me to make countless dollars in the last few years. While this pattern was forming all day on Friday, something else was afoot that had to be watched. This factor was extremely light volume.

After the in spirit of bear flag formed all day long, the 3pm ET time frame hit. The markets started to move lower, showing an attempt of the pattern to play out. However, no sooner did the markets hit the first minor support level, the volume failed to push it through. The flag pattern could not break lower and thus stalled out. The markets bounced back higher. Volume is a key to the markets and patterns playing out on the downside. Friday was a great example how the pattern started to play out and then could not quite finish do to volume.

Did the pattern fail? No. The pattern is still intact, though weakened. Watch Monday for volume in the markets. Should that show up, the markets have a solid chance of continuing the pattern. If the volume remains like last week, the pattern will likely fail.

Gareth Soloway
Chief Market Strategist
InTheMoneyStocks.com
SPY03_14_10.jpg

Education 101: The Beauty Of The Markets - Former Resistance Becomes New Support

Note how last Friday the markets hit a new 52 week high of $115.97. Today we slammed into that level and rose above. As the markets pulled back, the former resistance level of $115.97 now becomes support. Note how the market is gently bouncing off that level. The markets are a beautiful thing.

SPY03_16_10.jpg

United Airlines Is Descending This Morning As Oil Rises (NASDAQ:UAUA), (NYSE:LUV)

UAL Corporation (NASDAQ:UAUA) and most of the major airlines are trading lower this morning. The airline sector has had a terrific rally recently soaring to new 52 week highs.

Many of the airlines have been reporting an increase in passenger revenue during the first quarter. However, the rumors of possible consolidation in the industry have been one of the main catalysts for the strong rally from early February.

The one negative for the airline sector is the high price of fuel. Currently spot crude is trading above 82.00 a barrel and jet fuel is rising. Most airlines have not hedged their energy prices with the exception of Southwest Airlines Co (NYSE:LUV).

UAL Corp will have short term intraday support at the 19.40 level.

uaua%203_17_10.bmp

Propping Continues As Shady Activity Seems To Ensure Market Does Not Fall. (NYSE:SPY)

The markets are all hovering higher today. Dow, Nasdaq and S&P 500 up over half a percent on the day. The SPDR S&P 500 ETF (NYSE:SPY) is higher by .60%. The SPDR Dow Jones Industrial Average ETF (NYSE:DIA) is up the same. Since the February 5th bottom, the markets have gone straight higher. Rumors and speculation jump out on why the markets have done this. Across the board, it is looking more and more suspicious. Suspicious? Yes, it is looking like there are other factors at work in keeping the market near the highs if not making new highs.

One interesting coincidence to look at is the President Obama tough talk. Where has it gone? Did anyone notice how Wall Street rebelled as soon as President Obama started talking about regulation for Wall Street? This started in mid January and Wall Street fought back. The markets tumbled drastically, dropping almost 10%. Since that happened, has anyone heard a peep from the President on Wall Street regulation? I think not! Anyone who thinks the markets are a true barometer of the economy needs glasses. Anyone who thinks that Wall Street and big business does not control the government also needs to be admitted into a psychiatric ward in my humble opinion.

As the markets trade higher, a few key stocks are pushing this market. Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM) is making up for the previous lackluster days. It is surging 1.70%, a monster move for that stock! Of the oil plays, that is the leader today, no doubt about it. Technology is being headed by the semiconductors. The Semiconductor HOLDRs (ETF) (NYSE:SMH) is higher by 1.6%, a big move and even bigger, considering the SMH was up huge yesterday as well. Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) is having a average day, just up .65%. Financial stocks continue to lead the market, charged by JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM). JPM is up 1.75%.

Gareth Soloway
Chief Market Strategist
InTheMoneyStocks.com

Euro Collapses, Dollar Jumps, Markets Sleep. (NYSE:UUP), (NYSE:FXE), (NYSE:NKE), (NYS

The dollar, PowerShares DB US Dollar Index Bullish (NYSE:UUP) has jumped dramatically higher today as the Euro, CurrencyShares Euro Trust (NYSE:FXE) fell off a cliff. Fear appears to be emerging over future problems in Europe. We all know about the problems with Greece but this is just the start I fear. Where there is one rat, there is a hoard. Be ready for the next one to emerge soon in my opinion.

While a dramatic rise like this in the dollar usually has a major negative impact on the markets, the stock market has barely moved. Volume is dead and the powers that be continue to hold it in check on this options expiration week. It is truly astounding that the common American has no idea what truly goes on behind the scenes. The manipulation, the printing of money, the intervention and propping of the markets. Bottom line is, if we did not learn from past history we are doomed to repeat our mistakes. You cannot manipulate your way out of problems and ultimately it makes them far worse. Case and point, lowering rates to 1% under Greenspan was one of the key catalysts to creating the free money policy, which lead to the credit bubble and housing collapse. Our government officials are far too short sighted unfortunately, looking to get re-elected in the short term, instead of the long term prosperity of the economy.

Stocks In Motion - Earnings

NIKE, Inc. (NYSE:NKE) is surging today as fiscal third-quarter profit more than doubled on higher sales in the U.S. and China. The stock, which was already at 52 week highs has jumped over 6% on the day. The stock is extremely extended at this level, however,

FedEx Corporation (NYSE:FDX) also reported earnings. Their results for the fiscal third-quarter earnings more than doubled, topping the company's own estimates. Initially the stock was crushed pre market and on the open. Then a major reversal took place. The stock has recovered its early losses and is now trading flat.

Gareth Soloway
Chief Market Strategist
InTheMoneyStocks.com
FXE03_18_10.jpg

Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F) Signals Possible Top With Candle Formation.

Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F) is forming what could be a tell tale sign of a top on the daily chart. The candle formation is known as a possible topping tail. A topping tail occurs when a stock runs up intra day early and then pulls back later in the day. It creates a long tail on the top and a close in the lower 25% of the candle.

In addition, one must analyze the daily chart for an over extended rally. Ford Motor Company clear is extremely extended on the daily chart. When this happens, a technician will look closely for a topping tail or some other reversal signal.

Today, Ford Motor Company has a chance to create that. The stock has soared in recent weeks and this morning was no different. It jumped with a small gap higher and ran to all the way up to $14.54. All of a sudden, it began to reverse. Ford now sits at $14.09 down $0.02 on the day. What a reversal and it looks like this could be the topping tail many are waiting for!

Related Stocks: Toyota Motor Corporation (NYSE:TM)

Gareth Soloway
Chief Market Strategist
InTheMoneyStocks.com

F03_18_10.jpg

Re: Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F) Signals Possible Top With Candle Formation.

How far down do you think it can go?

Markets Tank On Healthcare Uncertainty, Options Expiration.

The markets are selling sharply on the best volume of the week. The healthcare vote this weekend looks like it might pass and the markets are getting jittery. The markets hate change and worry about continued government reckless spending. In addition, there will be new taxes imposed on capital gains which hit directly at the core of Wall Street.

While the markets seem to be in a slight panic over health care reform that may pass, options expiration is also at work. The institutions will push the market one way to take out the puts and then flip flop to go the other way, taking out the calls. In the end, the institutions, who sell the majority of puts and calls, look to close the stocks as close to the strike price as possible to maximize profits. The games in the market rage on. Know the rules.

Stocks on the move today include Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG) and Baidu, Inc.(ADR) (NASDAQ:BIDU). Google Inc. is set to let the world know its future plans on Monday. They are expected to pull out of China. While most would think that it may cause a price spike in Baidu, I would caution that the news is essentially factored in the price of the stock. Should any other announcement come out of Google Inc. about them not totally pulling out of China, Google would spike and Baidu would most likely drop sharply.

The Boeing Company (NYSE:BA) reported that they were going to be increasing production of their commercial 747 and highly-profitable 777 series airplanes. The stock jumped early but is already falling back. Technically speaking, which is my language, Boeing is extremely extended and may have put in a short term top. The key is going to be $73.30. As long as price stays below that level, the stock could continue to fall in the coming days and weeks. Often times a final spike flushes out the weak handed shorts but also signals a top. This is possible on Boeing at these levels based on the daily chart.

For more in depth analysis, join the Research Center at InTheMoneyStocks. In the Research Center you get master calls, guidance, education, videos, analysis and so much more. By far the best value, if I do say so myself!

Gareth Soloway
Chief Market Strategist
InTheMoneyStocks.com

Re: Markets Tank On Healthcare Uncertainty, Options Expiration.

...and India giving a surprise raise in interest rates suggesting a chance in stimulus policy. Fed is also rumoured to be planning on raising the Discount rate.

C'mon, keep up! :p