interesting trading/investment opportunities...

theanalyst

Since my previous thread was deleted (becoz it LOOKED like spam to some moderator), i have to start this new one to discuss my research and analysis on some alternative energy stocks. The purpose of threads like these is to share wat i hve learnt for the mutual benefit of all.

below are my projections for Jetion Holdings (JHL), a solar cell & module manufacturer...solar stocks are valued at earnings multiples of 30-35...a lil research would help u confirm this.

A better research environment will be created when i'll have ur questions about this stock fired on me. That would help us all to learn the stock research process without much effort.

best.

Attachments

• jhl.GIF
    jhl.GIF
    9.7 KB · Views: 264
The purpose of threads like these is to share wat i hve learnt for the mutual benefit of all.

A better research environment will be created when i'll have ur questions about this stock fired on me. That would help us all to learn the stock research process without much effort.
Hi theanalyst,
You're like one of those party candles that re-ignites itself after it's been blown out! :cheesy:

I admire your spirit. To be fair to the members who reponded to your previous thread and to the Mod' who deleted it - you had ample opportunity to address head on the concerns expressed about spam. You didn't do this, which rather confirmed everyone's initial suspicions.

As the majority of T2W members trade in relatively short timeframes, most of them favour technical analysis as a basis for making trades. True to say that some members look at the fundamentals as an initial filter and, once they've found a strong stock in a strong sector, they'll turn to T.A. to fine tune their entry and exit. So, if you're genuinely looking to have a constructive debate about this stock, I suggest you outline the reasons for your choice and how and when you think it could be traded. Oh, and posting a chart wouldn't go amiss either!
Season's greetings and welcome to T2W - again.
Tim.

No need.
It starts off in the top-left corner and ends at the bottom right corner.
IPO'd at 150 in July, currently 90p

yea rite... therez also a bullish divergence (although not a very perfect one)...

now, something which actually forced me to look closely into JHL is First Solar Inc. (FSLR)..

this is another solar company, based in US, manufacturing solar modules using CdTe (Cadmium Telluride) technology. this stock was IPOed at $20 and currently is at @ $250.. i bought that one at $40 and still holding it.. target is $320... the reason of such an outstanding performance of FSLR was primarily the fact it has already booked orders worth of more than $5 billion, stretching till 2012. There were other reasons as well, like lowest cost and ASP in the industry and an ability to quickly replicate manufacturing facilities... FSLR is currently valued at 30x of its 2010 expected earnings...

JHL is a little similar to FSLR... this company also has booked orders for itz production till 2009. they hve also made agreements to procure raw materials (which is a very concerning issue in the solar industry)... further, the chairman of JHL was the CEO of BP Solar International (one of the largest solar module producers) for many years... all these facts combined with the thing that JHL is quite cheap, i m liking this stock...but i'll let the stock complete itz divergence and then put some long positions..

Besides, also take a look on CSIQ (canadian solar).. i bought this stock when it was at $14..currently trading at $25.. my target is atleast $35... but my valuations show $42...

i'll update when i find some other great alternative energy stocks...

happy trading guyz...

hmmmmm, looks to me like your comparing apples with pears yet applying the same p/e, growth forecasts to both.

Isn't FSLR a bit of a pioneer in certain solar technologies whereas Jetion er . . . isn't?

Quality "read between the lines" bit in the Chairman's statement in Jetion's interim report . . .

The Company has responded rapidly to the external cost pressures as well as
legislative changes. Overall, the Board believes that the full year results
will be broadly in line with market expectations.

<cough>

Oh, an another difference is that FSLR's stock chart starts bottom left & ends top right.

Last edited:
hmmmmm, looks to me like your comparing apples with pears yet applying the same p/e, growth forecasts to both.

Isn't FSLR a bit of a pioneer in certain solar technologies whereas Jetion er . . . isn't?

Quality "read between the lines" bit in the Chairman's statement in Jetion's interim report . . .

The Company has responded rapidly to the external cost pressures as well as
legislative changes. Overall, the Board believes that the full year results
will be broadly in line with market expectations.

<cough>

Oh, an another difference is that FSLR's stock chart starts bottom left & ends top right.

hey blade!

i m not applying the same PE to both the stocks... i said FSLR is being valued at 30x of itz FY10 earnings (current PE(ttm) is 190x and 2007E is 142x), whereas i m valuing JHL at 30x of FY07 earnings...PEs of tech stocks normally drop YoY as their growth slows (abc of stock markets :p )...

letz get deep.. watz the benefit of hving a wonderful technology (like FSLR hve)? that is the ability to impress buyers and book sales...this is exactly wat FSLR did... booked sales upto 2012...so their stock started at lower left corner and ended at the upper rite one...

JHL booked sales till 2009 but the good thing is that market still dont know about this... reason is itz listing on AIM...now, how JHL was able to book future sales being such a small company...i'd say industry contacts... their chairman, as i said earlier, is BP Solars ex-CEO, whereas JHL's CEO is Suntech (a large player in Solar Industry) ex-director...

cheers!

Ahh, so you know something the market doesn't !

Just to make sure u guyz know watz happening out there in the market... :p

Jetion Holdings (JHL.L) up by 41% since i called it a buy. From 90p to 127p in less than 15 days...

I'll make more calls when i find something worth trading...

Happy Tradin'