Best Thread Interactive Brokers

That's cool. Thanks for your answers.
On my not so very successful search I've found a list of brokerages and market data vendors at the Nasdaq Trader web site. Maybe it's useful for someone else. Here's the link:
Market Data Vendors

Hi
I use TradeStation to calculate position sizing and generate trading signals for stocks. Can I connect TS and IB's TWS so that any signal/position sizing will be automated in IB? thanks

can anybody help me at all with this?

I use TradeStation to calculate position sizing and generate trading signals for stocks. Can I connect TS and IB's TWS so that any signal/position sizing will be automated in IB? thanks

I'd be really grateful if someone could tell me what is the symbol for the FTSE100 index on TWS?
Thanks for any helpful reply...

Hi

TS is a stand-alone charting and quotation application and a brokerage service.
I don't think it will work with TWS since they're competition.

customer service problems

I tried to apply for an account at IB, and have been very disappointed with their customer service.

The application form requests information about your income and net worth, but doesn't explain why this information is required or what their privacy policy is. Anyone would think that a bank would welcome depositors funds these days, but not IB apparently.

My questions have simply been ignored so far. I'm glad I don't have any money at stake here.

Maybe they're just as glad that they don't have a customer that poses a risk potential to them as well.
Every broker will ask you for your net worth and sources of income. That's normal procedure.
IB is one of the best and most serious brokers in the industry.

terrible lag with tws

abit off topic maybe but has anyone experienced lag with the latest incarnation of tws (standalone)?

It has become so laggy with amibroker as to be infuriatingly verging on unusable. Ive checked for spyware, run hijackthis, not loaded any new software, run the older version of both tws and ab to no avail. I am still running a single core 3500+ and am wondering if the newer versions are just too much for this chip and i need a multicore setup..