Best Thread Interactive Brokers

Hi,

I have a question regarding "time-activating" orders. For eg: I know we have "Good Till Cancel" orders. What I want is something like "Good From Time" (?)
order entry. Lets say I want to put in my orders into the system @ 07:30 in the morning before going to office, but don't want them messed around in the out-of-hours futures trading, but only activate say ~14:25 UK time (i.e US Open).
Is there a way to do this in IB? or any other Spread Betting platform?

Thank You

You need to set up Good After Time orders:

http://individuals.interactivebrokers.com/en/p.php?f=orderTypes&ib_entity=llc#gat

Question to IB:

When will FDDX (Mini$Dax) be available?

Regards

Hittfeld

Considering we support symbols to over 70 exchanges and we may or not use the same symbol definition you use can you define the FDDX product and at what exchange does it trade? Afterwards, we will review and comment. Thank you in advance.

Considering we support symbols to over 70 exchanges and we may or not use the same symbol definition you use can you define the FDDX product and at what exchange does it trade? Afterwards, we will review and comment. Thank you in advance.

Hi IB,
the exchange is USFE, for details:

U.S. Futures Exchange

A mini-dax, even USD based, would be real boon for many european retail traders.

Regards

Hittfeld

Hi

A quick questions that I hope someone might be able to help me with.

Do you pay stamp duty at 0.5% on share purchases when you buy and sell on the same day? Someone told me you don't but I'm getting billed for it at IB.

Stephen

If IB bills you then your optimistic friend is almost certainly wrong.

You might find day trading german shares, the dax or the estx50 more profitable.

Hi

I am trying to configure TWS to attach a 6 point stop automatically whenever i enter a trade, can this be done or do I always have to go and attach it seperately as an autostop?
Sometimes this is not fast enough, especially if i am wanting to trade the open but didn't have an order in prior to open.

Hi amylee google for a programme called bracket trader that plugs in to IB it manages all your orders for you

has interactive brokers any plans to include the european arm of CIH-x into the trad-able exchanges? noted that the only one at the moment is the Canadian arm. would like to trade the etfs, only way i can find at the moment is through the London stock exchange but you must pay to exchange. as CIH-X data is free i think it would suit a lot of traders.

Is 10k the minimum required to open an account with IB? This is regarding to intra-day trading Futures. Thanks.

Is 10k the minimum required to open an account with IB? This is regarding to intra-day trading Futures. Thanks.

I think, its the general minimum - if you are not member of some special groups - to open an account nowadays, regardless of your trading plans or instruments.

Regards

Hittfeld

Hint: Some IBs of IB offer accounts starting from €3000,00 or 5000,00 - at higher fees.

Last edited:
Hi,
Im in the process of opening and account with a broker to trade futures - eminis, Stocks, Gold, oil, and FX... on a day trading , intra day basis
Looking at IB, Tradestation, Infinity, and some others.. but not decided who to go with..

Any good people here recommend any good brokers?

Thanks

SIPC protection

Hi,

I'm in the process of applying for an account at IB. They claim on their website that they're covered by the SIPC. But does this protection include customers who aren't US residents or nationals?

According to this post, it doesn't
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/bro...led-us-brokerage-apply-foreign-companies.html

As IB evidently has many customers who are neither US residents or citizens, I find that surprising!

ta

Isn't IB registered in the UK? If so, surely it is covered by British statutory law, including insolvency protection for clients? Don't ask me any more though, all I know is that UK customers of banks have up to £33K protection.

I asked IB recently for the same question and here is their reply:-

Sir,

We apologize for the confusion. While your account may be held with IB-UK, there is an agreement between IB-UK and the US broker-dealer, IB LLC, whereby IB LLC provides clearing and settlement services for customer transactions executed by IB-UK. It is through this arrangement that the accounts of IB-UK customers are afforded SIPC protection.

As IB-UK is regulated by the FSA, you are subject to MiFID.

Regards,
IB

Lumber futures on Globex:

Starting from october 20th 2008, also electronically traded lumber futures and options:

CME Group to offer lumber contracts on CME Globex

Will interactive-brokers ofer this too?

Howver if volumes are like for nymex cotton or sugar, it will be difficult to trade.

I only once traded cooton on nymex though interactive-brokers. A lot of bid and ask offers, but few
actual trades. However, electronic trade might increase the lumber futures trading.

Now that prices are low, a long position could pay off.

So question to interacive: will you offer the Globex lumber trading also?

Last edited: