Best Thread Interactive Brokers

No. you use your euros for margin, then when the position is closed your profit (loss) will show as a USD balance (or negative balance). Eventually you may want to convert this back to euros depending on your long term view of the future of the usd, but there is no need to do this often, once a month or two would probably suit most people since there is a small bid-ask spread (but only 1pip on Idealpro if you change >25k, perhaps as part of another trade) and fee $2.50(?) to do so.

I get it, thank you peto.

But how about this: Do they let you trade futures with minimum deposit (10000 usd), or is more required? 10k is not enough for all markets, but it should be enough for mini-corn, mini-wheat etc. I heard that somebody was turned down, because he did not have high enough "net worth."

But how about this: Do they let you trade futures with minimum deposit (10000 usd), or is more required? 10k is not enough for all markets, but it should be enough for mini-corn, mini-wheat etc. I heard that somebody was turned down, because he did not have high enough "net worth."

Hi,
Minimum requirements to OPEN an account are something totally different from minima to open a trade: Once your account was funded with USD 10.000 and operating, you can ride it down again (or withdraw ) to a minimum amount of (used to be) USD 100 without the account being closed.
For opening a trade the required margin must be in your account. For mini corn (YC) this 729 USD. The account should not drop below the required maintenance level of 540 USD - otherwise your position would be liquidated automatically.
For margin requirements look here:
http://individuals.interactivebrokers.com/en/trading/marginRequirements/margin.php?ib_entity=llc

Regards
Hittfeld

.... I heard that somebody was turned down, because he did not have high enough "net worth."

Wot Hittfeld sed.
As regards 'net worth', they will want to be reassured that you have sufficient capital to survive if you lose your stake, and perhaps more to the point if a market collapse means they have to come after you for dosh, that you have some readies available. In reality this scenario is pretty unlikely since they will normally liquidate your positions that lack sufficient margin very quickly. Net worth is self-certified; they don't (or didn't) require any evidence.

Hi IBJ,

Very pleased to here about the soon to be launched SIPP product.

Can you let me know whether or not you plan to offer a Self Select ISA and a CFD Trading Account?
If you are, could you give a rough timeframe?

I have seen this request on your Features Poll ID# 1588 & 3150.

Thank you.

Software platforms at pfsoft.com work with Interactive Brokers and others of your choice.

Looking at opening a Friends & Family account through IB. Does anyone have experience with this? Will be my money and one of my friend's. Plan on setting up a LLC for this.
Was wondering if anyone had comments on the functionality of the F&F as far as splitting trades into the two accounts. How easy is this? What if the accounts have different pcts of cash, how does IB split the trades? Any problems that people ran into?

Thanks in advance

Hi I am interested in opening an account with IB

1) Will I be charged 6 pounds to buy and then 6 pounds to sell stocks?
2) In the US don't you give them a price per stock lower than the actual price as commision , why does that not apply with the UK since it would be ideal for a starter trader like me?
3) What monthly fees are there and other fees that are not directly your commision?
4) Does it cost to hold stocks overnight?

Thanks

Hi I am interested in opening an account with IB

1) Will I be charged 6 pounds to buy and then 6 pounds to sell stocks?
2) In the US don't you give them a price per stock lower than the actual price as commision , why does that not apply with the UK since it would be ideal for a starter trader like me?
3) What monthly fees are there and other fees that are not directly your commision?
4) Does it cost to hold stocks overnight?

Thanks

comission is based on how many shares you purchase subject to a minium, check their website. not sure what you mean in point2? monthly fees are subject to what exchanges you subscribe to for data, and it only costs to hold stocks overnight if your using leverage which will typically cost you LIBOR + 1.5%

please help.
over last month i lost a fair bit, but havent traded.
i trade usa only
they say it currency charges and i havent exchanged. i always thought they automatically changed. as my base account in pounds and i only trade usa shud i change my base currency to dollars.
how to i negate all the exchange rates

just saw this on my statement. wtf is it?
EUR: 2008-08-27, 20:20:00 ORDER CANCELLATION FEE -0.50

Never never use SMART routing for option orders with limit not immediately executable.

Route it to BOX or PSE, then only 0.10 cancelation/modify fee.

The other otion markets are too expensive.

I wonder how Etrade does this: there I could change without any fee, of course the cost per trade is higher.

I guess your 0.5 comes from Eurex.

Only use SMARt if you want to buy/sell at current ask/bid

Last edited:
HI, what's the minimum funding required to trade emini futures? Additionally, what are the margin call for emini russell 2000, dow, and s&p 500? Thanks.

Hi,

I have a question regarding "time-activating" orders. For eg: I know we have "Good Till Cancel" orders. What I want is something like "Good From Time" (?)
order entry. Lets say I want to put in my orders into the system @ 07:30 in the morning before going to office, but don't want them messed around in the out-of-hours futures trading, but only activate say ~14:25 UK time (i.e US Open).
Is there a way to do this in IB? or any other Spread Betting platform?

Thank You