Best Thread Interactive Brokers

can i see trough ib the charts in different sector in real time? (i use ib and quotetracker)

I only made it through the first 19 pages of this thread and I saw the minimum amount to open an account as being 2K USD. But on the IB web site it says 10K US is the minimum. When did this change?

It had been $5k for at least a couple of years, until a few weeks ago.

Opening IB Canada account...

I have been working on completing an account application and as I work through a number of questions have arisen. Maybe you could clarify some of these issues for me.

I have been dealing with Etrade Canada for 10 years with a fairly balanced portfolio of about 20-30 stocks and etfs. I trade maybe 50-75 times a year. I would like to expand my investing activities to include some foreign market instruments and possibly some futures and/or options.

With Etrade, I do use their MarketTrader platform, with access to Level II quotes, etc. Is the TWS a similar setup. I read that up to 100 lines of data in this are given to all clients. Does this include real time, quotes, bid/ask, level II, etc? Is the information on the demo screen exactly what one gets without paying extra data fees?

I would like to set up two separate accounts and trade both from one logon, basically for tax purposes, one in the name of my spouse and one joint account. Does this fall into the category of friends/family as I read on your website and if so exactly how does one specify this kind of account on the application.

If I do set up two accounts to trade, for the purpose of market data fees and other fees and minimums are they treated as one account or does each account have to pay the fees and maintain the minimum balance.

I wish to transfer my US dollar Etrade Canada account, cash and securities, to Interactive Brokers. In your experience how much time and aggravation will this involve ? Will IB match the offers of other brokerages to pay the transfer fees in such a situation?

Thanks....

question to IB rep (or anyone with an answer):

I am trading an IRA with the US-based version of IB.

it is my understanding that the only way i can do an option spread involving selling a leg is to use european-style options (or to cash-secure the put).

is there a way i can get a list of the stock options, and options on futures (if any), that have european-style expirations available?

please correct me if you see something I am not understanding.

Thanks in advance

Another question for IB or anyone else who knows.

Cash interest in my Indiviual account, how much tax is due on it? (Tax returns are due soon)

My bank deducts basic rate tax on Cash Interest paid, im pretty sure IB UK doesnt do this? Or do they?

Anyone know for sure..

Please refer to our products list link Market Centers for options traded in Europe.
Afterwards cross reference with the exchanges websites were those products are traded to confirm the products you trade are European Style options.

question to IB rep (or anyone with an answer):

I am trading an IRA with the US-based version of IB.

it is my understanding that the only way i can do an option spread involving selling a leg is to use european-style options (or to cash-secure the put).

is there a way i can get a list of the stock options, and options on futures (if any), that have european-style expirations available?

please correct me if you see something I am not understanding.

Thanks in advance

Correct we changed our minimum deposit up to $10,000 for varies reasons e.g., the value of USD declined, market volatility (hence clients should be well funded) and etc.

I only made it through the first 19 pages of this thread and I saw the minimum amount to open an account as being 2K USD. But on the IB web site it says 10K US is the minimum. When did this change?

Orders Held in 'Pending' Queue

Can the I.B. rep' or anyone else help please . . .
I've tried phoning I.B. in Switzerland, but was informed that I'll have to speak to technical support in the U.S, for matters relating to API functionality. I was transferred, but never got through!
I have an eSignal data feed with an API into my I.B. TWS platform. Initially, all seemed to go smoothly. However, I've had a few instances lately in which the order made from eSignal duly appears on the API Order Management tab in TWS and then just sits there - indefinitely without ever being filled. A good example today is RIGL - a Nasdaq stock. (See attachment) I can't buy it or short it. I should add that the orders are standard market orders - nothing fancy. The fact that the order appears on the the I.B. TWS platform makes me think that the problem lies with the I.B. side of things rather than with eSignal. Any help would be much appreciated.
Tim.

Attachments

• IB_Screen_Grab.jpg
    IB_Screen_Grab.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 584
I've opened IB account 2 weeks ago, money is transferred and I see money on my account. The problem is I can't trade :( When I login to PowerTrader and create the "buy" order and press "Transmit", I get error message "BUY 300 .... No valid acct to place this order". As I understand I have no privileges to create orders. But how I can get this privilege? Somewhere I read, that I need to create another "client user" account, but I didn't understand how I can do it. :( Can anyone help me?

IB Risk Navigator

I have tried to load my positions on IB's new Risk Navigator without any success.

I've started a chat but Louis couldn't help me.

It seems like my positions is not automatically loaded and I don't know how to do it.

Any step by step intruction would be welcomed!

Thanks

Please refer to the following link IB Risk Navigator(SM)

If you are a client call our helpdesk.

I have tried to load my positions on IB's new Risk Navigator without any success.

I've started a chat but Louis couldn't help me.

It seems like my positions is not automatically loaded and I don't know how to do it.

Any step by step intruction would be welcomed!

Thanks

IB Risk NavigatorSM

Interactive Brokers is extremely pleased to announce the launch of the IB Risk Navigator, a real-time market risk management platform unifying exposure across multiple asset classes around the globe. The IB Risk Navigator offers the following benefits:
• Lets you easily identify overexposure to risk by starting at the portfolio level and drilling down into successively greater detail within multiple report views.
• A series of predefined reports, each of which presents a summary of your portfolio from a different risk perspective, for example by underlying, by industry and more.
• Allows you to view Exposure, Value at Risk, Delta, Gamma, Vega, and Theta, as well as profit & loss and position quantity measures for different portfolio views
• Dynamic report data that updates every 10 seconds, and immediately upon changes to your positions.
• What-if scenarios, which let you hypothetically modify positions to see how changes in your portfolio will affect your risk summary.

In these uncertain times, it is important that traders have real-time control over their risk. While there are a number of market risk analysis software packages for sale in the market for hundreds of thousand of dollars, Interactive Brokers is providing this professional risk management software as a free service to our customers. To open the Navigator, select IB Risk Navigator from the Analytics menu, located on the menu bar in the main trading page and in the OptionTrader. Additional information about the IB Risk Navigator can be found in IB Risk Navigator Highlights summary, or in the TWS Users’ Guide.

Hi,

Do you allow trading crude oil(CL) futures on NYMEX? If yes, what are the commission charges(fixed) and margin requirements(please quote initial, maintainance, overnight and daytrading). I am asking because couldn't find CL listed on your website
Also do you accept new accounts from Pakistan? and minimum balance to open an account?

interactive brokers.

dont know if it has been asked earlier but has the amount for data feed been altered for ym . a lot of other traders saying that there fees have gone up to $50 or $60 a month with other brokers. carnt find anything on your pages.

thank you.

WARNING some FX pairs do NOT trade 24/5

Hi ,

I thought I had better let IB users know that not all IB fx pairs trade 24/7

I have been trading NZD.USD and have been amazed it is closed from 15.00-17.15 EST

I have noticed other NZD pairs are closed as well.

which means any stops or orders you have pending will not be filled.

pretty poor as other brokers manage to trade 24/7

any comments IB ??

Ian

False triggering

Hi

I am currently trading with Oanda but looking to go Direct Access with IB.

To avoid false triggering of trades with Oanda I use a buffer of 1.5 pips, what size of buffer do you need with IB?

Thanks

I am looking to open another account, and what is great about IB is they offer you one account that lets you trade all instruments, and that your account is insured.

I have some questions though.

Can you use them if your computer set up is a Mac ?

Do their charts allow you to trade off of them, ie point and click ?

Do they have a position sizing calculator ? (Here is where I want to enter, there is my stop loss, and that should set be back no more than 2% in my account kind of money management thing.)

Thanks

Can you use them if your computer set up is a Mac ?

Yes because it is a Java platform. I cannot answer the other questions because I haven't tried.

Paul

Reactions: BSD