Best Thread Interactive Brokers

CFD trading

IB,

To clarify, my interest is in trading US equities via CFD products.

My understaning is that is why the thread was initiated.

What is the status of establishing that product?

Thanks,

T

Tgora77

Thank you for your clarification to your earlier post. We are taking tallies as to how many clients and prospects would be interested in us supporting CFD's.

Please send an e-mail to [email protected], denoting in the subject line In favour of CFD's. And in the body of your e-mail your name and any other comments.

To IB

I have an account at IB and I am building a trading system using your ActiveX API. At one point I load historical data requesting 24 1-hour bars for each day. I had a lot of problems getting it to work, but it finally is working. To get it to work I have to set the time for each day to 4 PM (16:00:00) like this:

Call Tws1.reqHistoricalData(1, "EUR", "CASH", "", 0, "", "", "IDEALPRO", "USD", "20060910 16:00:00", "1 D", 10, "MIDPOINT", 0, 1)

If I request some other time I get less than 24 bars. Why is that? FYI: I'm in the Central Time Zone, in Texas. What's more important is do I need to adjust that 16:00:00 setting to a different value if a customer uses my software in a different time zone? Please explain. I don't see anything in your user guide explaining this.

ANNOUNCEMENT: Effective 16 Oct 2006, Interactive Brokers has reduced its fees to trade the ICE Brent and Gas futures.

Before, $3.20 per side (Brent and Gas futures) all-in.
Now, $2.40 per side (Brent and Gas futures) all-in.

$5,000 minimum to open an account.
$10 minimum brokerage fee per month.
$1 to view live streaming prices for the ICE products.
Nil technology fees.
Nil charting package.

IB offers Direct Access and supports over 40 order types. We provide account protection, pay interest on deposits over GBP 6,000 and are regulated by the FSA. www.interactivebrokers.co.uk

Requesting Historical Quotes On TWS API

I got an answer to this from IB's help desk and will summarize here if anyone else wants to know in the future.

To request 24 hours of quotes from the API you must specify the duration in seconds. So instead of passing the value "1 D" you pass the value "86400 S". There are a lot of seconds in a day, aren't there?

DallasSteve said:
To IB

I have an account at IB and I am building a trading system using your ActiveX API. At one point I load historical data requesting 24 1-hour bars for each day. I had a lot of problems getting it to work, but it finally is working. To get it to work I have to set the time for each day to 4 PM (16:00:00) like this:

Call Tws1.reqHistoricalData(1, "EUR", "CASH", "", 0, "", "", "IDEALPRO", "USD", "20060910 16:00:00", "1 D", 10, "MIDPOINT", 0, 1)

If I request some other time I get less than 24 bars. Why is that? FYI: I'm in the Central Time Zone, in Texas. What's more important is do I need to adjust that 16:00:00 setting to a different value if a customer uses my software in a different time zone? Please explain. I don't see anything in your user guide explaining this.

Hi ,

I am trying to find the US Dollar index on IB and am not having much luck,

Does any body know the correct symbol ?

Thanks
Ian

ianp said:
Hi ,

I am trying to find the US Dollar index on IB and am not having much luck,

Does any body know the correct symbol ?

Thanks
Ian

I'm pretty sure the Dollar Index is a NYBOT contract - apparently these not available through IB (I asked a similar question on this thread, see post #403 / 404.

Jack o'Clubs said:
I'm pretty sure the Dollar Index is a NYBOT contract - apparently these not available through IB (I asked a similar question on this thread, see post #403 / 404.

Thanks Jack,

I dont actually want to trade it , I needed the price feed to use as a reference point to trade dollar based fx pairs, I was hoping they might have a indice feed like indu or spx.

cheers
Ian

ianp said:
Thanks Jack,

I dont actually want to trade it , I needed the price feed to use as a reference point to trade dollar based fx pairs, I was hoping they might have a indice feed like indu or spx.

cheers
Ian

Could you use the CME version of the same thing then: code USS ?

I enter a buy stop to buy Nikkei 225 at 16000. I attach 3 orders to this Buy Stop: a Sell Order to sell at 15900, a limit order to sell at 16500, a Market Order to close it before the market close.

For the attached Sell Order, the original Stop Price is 15900. I activate the Adjustable Stop feature with Adjusted Order Type: Stop, Trigger Price: 16200, Adjusted Stop Price: 16050. Trigger Method: Default [Last??? I did not change the default and have it triggered after trading hours].

My problem is, even if Nikkei 225 moves well above 15300, the Sell Stop is not adjusted.

Do you meet any occurance that the Adjustable Stop is hit but not triggered?

i have opened account with ib. what exchange do i need to subscribe to, to trade dow futures and is the symbol ym. what is cost per month exchange fees, thanks

DCarrigan

Answers to your questions are as follows

1. You need to request and authorise yourself to trade US futures from your account management tool.
2. Yes, the symbol to trade the Mini Dow Jones $5 future at the eCBOT is ym.
3. To view market data fees for US securities and futures/commodites we ask $10 per month, for individuals, i.e., if you execute over $30 brokerage fees per month then you pay nil.

Interactive Brokers said:
DCarrigan

1. You need to request and authorise yourself to trade US futures from your account management tool.
3. To view market data fees for US securities and futures/commodites we ask $10 per month, for individuals, i.e., if you execute over $30 brokerage fees per month then you pay nil.
thanks for your quick reply.

What is the minimum yearly income/net worth requirement for opening a future/FX account at IB? And how much is the commission, spreads and other extra fees? I hear that you guys the only trustable spot fx broker.

PS: spreads for EUD, AUD, GBP, CHF versus YEN.

►$5,000 = Minimum initial deposit to open an account.
►$10 = Minimum brokerage fee per month
►y = Market data fees vary per exchange, refer to the following link for details - http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/accounts/fees/marketData.php?ib_entity=uk For example, US shares, futures and options exchanges would be billed at $10 per month, although if you do over $30 in commission per month we would waive the $10 fee.
► y = Brokerage fees vary per exchange. For example, all in: GBP 1.70 FTSE futures; USD 2.40 US E-mini S&P refer to the following link for more details
http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/accounts/fees/commissionFutures-FOPs.php?ib_entity=uk
►We pay interest for deposits over $10,000.
►Our margin rates are professional, i.e., we ask basically the same as the exchanges ask thier professional members, refer to the following link for more details
http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/trading/marginRequirements/margin_amer.php?ib_entity=uk
► For forex we do not get in the either side of the spread, rather the spread is provided by very large entities. Please review the following link for an independent comparison between IB IDEAL PRO forex spreads vs. other forex spreads http://www.brokersmatrix.com/common/spreadtable.php
► We do ask a transparend brokerage fee for forex trades. For example, we ask 0.2 basis point x Trade Value; Minimum per order $2.50 or base currency.
► We are FSA regulated.
► We provide up to $30 million in account protection.
► We support over 40 order types.
► We provide free training demo's and Workshops in our London office.

We ask you to compare our services, technology and fees against other brokers before you buy. That is, if you find a better broker, with better technology and cheaper fees we suggest you take it; otherwise do not hesitate to contact our London office 020 7 776 7800 ext 1 so we can assist you in opening an account.

We wish you well!

In yet another first for the trading industry, Interactive Brokers introduces trading of US options in pennies. Rather than trading options in nickels or dimes, customers and liquidity providers may post bid and offer prices in pennies, and others may trade on the prices posted on the IB system. Option prices that improve the NBBO are posted on our website unless a customer chooses not to display their quotes. http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/penny/index.php?ib_entity=uk

Interactive Brokers asks $0.75 per US option contract via Smart Order Routing. http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/trading/orderRoutingLogics.php

Interactive Brokers said:
DCarrigan

seem to be getting my head round site now, was wanting to trade russell (ER2) . when i have called it up on site i note that the buy- sell price is in whole numbers ie 73 even though it seems to trade in decimals .1 how do i know the price i am going in at?. also is the $5 per contract for the whole number or per decimal point .1 .

Hi dcarrigan
The ER2 is worth $10 per decimal point (not 5) i.e. $100 per whole number. You certainly should be seeing one decimal point in your TWS screen. When the platform is up and running after the weekend close down check your settings, and that you are have the ER2Z06 (december contract) at CME GLOBEX. EurexUS i think also has the contract but last time I checked it was a lot less liquid.