Best Thread Interactive Brokers

Charlton said:
IB
I don't know if you can answer this, but if Amibroker or an Amibroker user are reading,
Is it possible to show both BID and ASK simultaneously on the same chart (AMIBROKER) ? The instructions that I have read suggest that for IDEALPRO, only one of these can be shown on a chart, because either BID or ASK are configured within the database setup ?

Charlton
Try SierraChart. You can do what you want and its cheap. Flexible programming using dlls or using worksheet formulae let you do virtually anything with the data.

Attachments

• updatadde.JPG
    updatadde.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 450
samuelhogg said:
Does anyone use the IB feed in updata? Is it possible? (See attachment)

I want to use the Nasdaq L1 & L2 feed, also want use the London L1 but couldn't see it on http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/accounts/fees/marketData.php?ib_entity=uk.

Many thanks
Samuel

All 3 of the feeds you mention are quoted on the link that you gave, including LSE I. In fact they have been working recently very closely with LSE including holding joint seminars wth the exchange

Charlton

I could see the Nasdaq feeds but wanted to make sure I could feed them into Updata. Didn't see the LSE level 2 though, I will look again. Thanks for replying.
Cheers

Charlton said:
IB
I don't know if you can answer this, but if Amibroker or an Amibroker user are reading,
Is it possible to show both BID and ASK simultaneously on the same chart (AMIBROKER) ? The instructions that I have read suggest that for IDEALPRO, only one of these can be shown on a chart, because either BID or ASK are configured within the database setup ?

Charlton
They say it's the first sign of madness to reply to yourself !

But following on from this initial question I have just received a reply from Amibroker support, stating that it is not possible to show both BID and ASK prices from IB on the same chart simultaneously. However, they say, since the spreads in IB are fairly constant you could show either BID or ASK and then derive one from the other based on the "Constant spread" and plot it.

For those interested they also have a beta version 1.08 of an auto-trading interface for IB. It sends orders to/retrieves orders from TWS. It also includes manual order intervention

http://www.amibroker.com/at/

Charlton

IB Communique: Our new enhancements are as follows,

Options Volatility Trading

We recently added the ability to trade options based on volatility using the new volatility order type.

New & Enhanced Order Types

Our VWAP order has been enhanced to allow the entering of VWAP orders at any time during a trading day and to have the VWAP price computed from the time of cut-off (one minute after entry) to the end of the trading day. As an alternative, we will also allow the input of a starting cut-off time for the VWAP.* VWAP orders are computed by Bloomberg, displayed after market close, and are guaranteed to be executed.

We enabled Iceberg and Hidden orders for options, which provide the ability to hide some or all of your order size from the option exchanges.

In addition, we have added a trailing stop limit order which submits a limit order when the stop is hit, along with the ability to make a one-time adjustment to stop, stop limit, trailing stop, and trailing stop limit orders.

Combination Order Price Improvement

Interactive Brokers is the leader in best price execution for combination orders. We independently route your stock, option, and futures combination order legs or combination of legs (native spread orders) to the best priced venue. Now our smart routing software will provide for price improvement on combinations in pennies. In addition, we continue to guarantee against the risk of partially executed legs.

SpreadTrader for Futures

In addition to our ComboTrader which allows customers to assemble multiple instrument type legs, we have added SpreadTrader, which allows you to easily enter futures calendar spread trades. All prices are assembled in a matrix configuration and displayed in terms of spreads.

Inquiry/Trouble Ticket for Faster Resolution of Issues

We are pleased to announce the launch of our new Inquiry/Trouble Ticket system to assist you in receiving more timely responses to your issues. For example, Display of the status of the inquiry (not yet assigned, assigned to Customer Service Representative (CSR) XXX, escalated, closed); Follow up questions go back to the original CSR, which avoids the problem of email going to multiple CSRs who might not be thoroughly up-to-date with the problem and etc.

New Products

During the last two months, CME floor traded products, CBOT floor traded products and Swedish stocks were added. During the next two weeks we will be adding Japanese stocks. In addition, ECBOT added options on gold futures, and a new large Dow Jones futures contract with a multiplier of $25.

Canadian Stock Price CAD $.01 Per Share

In our continuing effort to lead the industry in deep discount commissions, Canadian stock commissions have been lowered to CAD $.01 per share flat.

Daily Options Commentary

As most professional traders know, options market prices have built-in information which is not only useful to traders in the options marketplace, but also to traders in the stock and futures markets. Each hour starting at 12:00 until 16:00 ET, we post the top twenty symbols for implied volatilities, volatility gainers, volumes leaders, volumes gainers, volatility losers, implied/historical volatility, put/call ratios, and call/put ratios, along with written commentary from our trading desks. As an IB customer, you also have the benefit of seeing these indicators and others in real-time, using our TWS Market Scanner window.

Account Management

A reminder that Account Management is the place to view statements, fund your account, get Customer Service help, and change your account information.

Canadian EFT for USD

In addition to Canadian dollar transfers, Electronic Funds Transfers (EFT) in Canada are now available for US dollar transfers.

Combination Orders Now Available in the IB PaperTrader

The IB PaperTrader, our simulated trading environment, now includes the ability to enter and execute combination orders

Last edited:
Interactive Brokers (IB), the technology leader in global brokerage services, has launched a new daily options commentary providing investors and traders with information that reflects the market's expectations of future price movements.

The IB options commentary includes seven tables of options market statistics, supplemented by a written summary of the day's highlights. The tables include statistics for the top 20 issues regarding: implied volatility, volatility gainers, options volumes, options volume gainers, implied/historical volatilities, put/call ratios, and call/put ratios. A full explanation of the commentary indicators may be found on the options commentary page at: http://www.interactivebrokers.com/optionsCommentary

Interactive Brokers will continue to add more indicators as well as statistics from around the world. The IB Options Commentary statistics will be posted to the IB website each trading day from noon to 4pm ET, every hour on the hour, and will be available to the public. In addition, Interactive Brokers customers will be able to receive all the Options Commentary statistics in real-time through the IB Trader Workstation.

The Interactive Brokers Group, trading over 16% of the world's options and having been in the derivatives trading business for over 29 years would like to provide other professional investors and traders with the same market information that we have found useful for three decades.

The same real-time information that we are providing at no additional cost to our customers has only been available in the past to professionals at a very high cost." IB customers can trade stocks, options, futures, forex, ETFs and bonds on over 50 markets worldwide from a single Trader Workstation (TWS) interface.

Hello IB (or indeed anyone who trades YM),

Please can you confirm that STOP (STP) orders on CBOT are now native to the exchange and thus sent directly there by TWS instead of being simulated? It is hard to tell because the dark blue status colour is the same for both types (whereas native LMT orders, for instance, are displayed in green)

Also is it true that CBOT (& GLOBEX) do not permit a trader to have native orders on both sides of the market, thus if a stop that is usually native is placed as part of an OCA group it will actually be simulated?

Example of OCA on eCBOT -
sell LMT 1 YM at 10100
sell STP 1 YM at 10000

current price 10050.

Would both these orders be sent to the exchange (native) or will one of them be simulated until triggered? If so presumably it would be the stop that is simulated?

Many thanks and sorry for awkward questions but it is important to know where my order is resting as the difference can mean being at the front or back of the queue.

Pattern Day Traders Criteria and Restrictions

I have a question about Pattern Day Traders Criteria and Restrictions

If i put in $ 25 000 in my account and get daytrading permition, can i trade with all the $ 25000? If so, what happens if my positions goes against me? and go below $ 25 000?

The customer has the following options:

A. Deposit funds to bring the account’s equity up to the SEC required minimum of $25,000
B. Wait the required 90 day period before any new positions can be initiated
C. Request a PDT account reset

If the intraday situation occurs, the customer will immediately be prohibited from initiating any new positions. Customer’s should be able to close any existing positions in his account, but will not be allowed to initiate any new positions.

The customer will have the same options listed above, however, if at any time the Equity with Loan value figure goes back above the threshold amount ($25,000), then the account will once again have unlimited day trades available.

Canadian RRSP

Hello,
Can you ask your counterparts in Canada what is happening with self-directed RRSP accounts. They were on the schedule a while ago, but then got shelved. The commissions charged by the current players in this market are usurious, to say the least. For any existing IB client to have to pay $20-30 a side in commission is too painful!
Thanks,
Steve

Market Data Fee

IB,

I'm in the process of opening a new account with IB. I have a question. I will subscribe to CBOT for market data which is $55.00/Mo.. Do I understand the documentation correctly that if I have $30.00 or more in commisions this "US non-pro market data fee" , the $55.00 is waived?

Thanks for your help,

Cliff

clf20,
If I may butt in... You realize that the $55 fee is for the cbot floor data, right? Most traders just want the electronic, which is included in the $10/month "US Securities & Commodities Non-Professional Bundle (Includes all Stock, Options, Futures and Bond markets)" package - assuming you are a non-professional of course. It doesn't look like they discount the floor data price at all.
Steve

riddle said:
clf20,
If I may butt in... You realize that the $55 fee is for the cbot floor data, right? Most traders just want the electronic, which is included in the $10/month "US Securities & Commodities Non-Professional Bundle (Includes all Stock, Options, Futures and Bond markets)" package - assuming you are a non-professional of course. It doesn't look like they discount the floor data price at all.
Steve

Thanks Steve,

I made a mistake then. I only trade ZB at CBOT. I didn't know about the bundle. I'll get it changed.

Cliff

Any one trading UK index and equity options with IB? what is the service likefor writing and buying?

Can I open IB account from Italy? Have you got Italian help desk? Can I transfer my italian stocks portfolio to IB account?
thanks

Quoted from another thread:
Interactive Brokers said:
So if you or others would like us to add CFD's or our other product line e.g., shares, options, futures, forex, bonds, warrants, ETF's and SSF's please let us know in our thread in Trade2Win. .

May I place a vote for a self-select maxi ISA account?

I currently trade us stocks within one with a uk broker. Apart from the high coms I am restricted to telephone trading only, accessing just one market-maker, and am unable to place a stop or any other conditional order (for my us stocks).

I put up with such nonsense for tax-free capital gains and freedom from having to report these accounts in my tax returns. If anyone knows of a broker more suitable than iDealing please let me know.

Pete