Best Thread Interactive Brokers

We wish all (clients or non clients) HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Keep safe, best of health and the best of fortune with your investments in the New Year!

This thread has been started by T2W purely for customers or potential customers of Interactive Brokers to direct questions to IB (or indeed other members), in much the same way as Simon does over on the Capital Spreads thread/Spreadbetting forum.

The user "Interactive Brokers" is one or more employees of IB who will respond to questions and products related to IB and their services, but members of T2W are of course free to respond to any questions posed.

There is to be strictly no advertising on this thread, and off-topic or highly inflammatory comments may be either deleted or moved appropriately without notice.

Any questions please PM me or one of the other moderators.

I am an Indian Citizen and want to trade Futures and Options in ASX, Oil options in US, I have 15 years experience in trading options, futures and shares of NSE and i have all the capital to meet the needs of brokerage`s, regulators, etc.

I would like to know whether IB can offer me access to Australian market and US market. So if IB can offer me a professional account and give me related PDS then i would be happy to trade these markets.

I am trading in IB through an API DDE Excel... tryint to set up Conditional Orders wanting to MODIFY *MOD* an order but I am having troubles... is there a way to issue a new Stop-loss order that automatically cancels the previous (last) Stop-loss order?

I am trading in IB through an API DDE Excel... tryint to set up Conditional Orders wanting to MODIFY *MOD* an order but I am having troubles... is there a way to issue a new Stop-loss order that automatically cancels the previous (last) Stop-loss order?

Hi Axionna,

I think by reading http://www.interactivebrokers.com/download/IB_FIX_Manual_Rev20.pdf

along with some study of the Fix protocol no doubt you will blitz it big time.

http://www.fixprotocol.org/

Failing that,

I would have thought there would be many others here on this forum maybe using DDE excel spreadsheets to do their trading.

I know of a trader at http://exceltrader.net that also has some IB spreadsheet entry system but I think he sells the IB chart/order spreasheet, but does offer Sim Trading speadsheets for free.

Here is a link to his IB version, looks pretty handy also with automation, but I think you need to add your own parameters so to speak.
http://exceltrader.net/338/added-new-file-for-live-trading-with-interactive-brokers/

If anybody has an opensource type system similar to this I would also be keen to know.

Anyway, hope that helps and sorry I cannot help you out on that one, but perhaps somebody else will come along here an post something that helps your needs. Please give send me a PM if they do though :p

Cheers.

Help needed!!!

I am still quite unsatisfied even after reading many of the messages regarding IB's SIPP related threads.

So far there are only five IB approved SIPP Administrators (in fact only four as one accept QROPS-) after over four and half years' discussion on this forum about this topic.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/brokerages/18051-sipp-product-interactive-brokers.html (this discussion started 20 December 2005)

I mean why so complicated? Why could not IB simply offer a SIPP DIRECTLY to us- the end user, so we can just go, open an account and start trading/investing instead of messing around with another service provider via going through a SIPP Administrator?

Any suggestion for a good SIPP provider that I can use to trade with relatively competitive commissions and wide markets? Any SIPP provider will allow pooling different SIPP together?

Many thanks.

Can anyone tell me whether IB have time stops? Ie if I want to scratch a trade if the price is below a certain figure at a certain time is that possible?

Can anyone tell me whether IB have time stops? Ie if I want to scratch a trade if the price is below a certain figure at a certain time is that possible?

Not sure if it's what you're trying to do, but you can set orders with IB such that a trade is only active during a certain time window. For example, if you have an open position of 100 shares of SPY, you could create a stoploss order with the stop price set to 100, and the time in force between 10 am on 2010-08-20 and 11 am on 2010-08-20.

The general rule with IB is, where there's a will, there's a way. Trader Workstation has a ton of features and order types in and of itself. And if you're really keen, you can create your own features/execution algorithms using the API.

Not sure if it's what you're trying to do, but you can set orders with IB such that a trade is only active during a certain time window. For example, if you have an open position of 100 shares of SPY, you could create a stoploss order with the stop price set to 100, and the time in force between 10 am on 2010-08-20 and 11 am on 2010-08-20.

The general rule with IB is, where there's a will, there's a way. Trader Workstation has a ton of features and order types in and of itself. And if you're really keen, you can create your own features/execution algorithms using the API.

Thanks. that may well work. I'll have to play around with that. I also will have a stop loss in place as well so I will need to figure in a one cancels other order at the same time.

>So far there are only five IB approved SIPP Administrators (in fact only four as one accept >QROPS-) after over four and half years' discussion on this forum about this topic.

Which one accept QROPS?

Can I get historical premarket/postmarket data download from IB? I only need these for a few stocks and ETFs.

I would also like to know the number of days of premarket/postmarket data there is, and the interval of the data, like 1 minute, 5 minutes.. etc?

Thank you for answering.

hi

Interactie Brokers are doing this Reuters News Feed, for $2 per month,

is this service any good, is it as good as Dow Jones News Srvc. if yes then why is it so cheap.

i want real time, all news, all data, all macro reports, all company reports, all companies news, all government reports, basically anything that affects US stocks and US indices. anybody can suggest a news service.

many thanks

i have a bad credit rating, only an unsecured loan, but i do have assets and would like to open an account with Interactive Brokers, does anybody know if this would be a problem and if i can open an account with them. i heard that some brokers in UK do a credit check before opening an account.

many thanks

I considered using interactive brokers a while ago, but heard that from europe the signing process tends to be complicated and timeconsuming. But I would be glad to use it because of the low prices and positive references.

hi

Interactie Brokers are doing this Reuters News Feed, for $2 per month,

is this service any good, is it as good as Dow Jones News Srvc. if yes then why is it so cheap.

i want real time, all news, all data, all macro reports, all company reports, all companies news, all government reports, basically anything that affects US stocks and US indices. anybody can suggest a news service.

many thanks

When i tried it i found the news from IB a bit more annoying than helpful. Use text only from trade the news, or a cheaper equivalent.