Interactive Brokers CFD Product

looks like IB are offering FTSE 350 constituents now... this is really encouraging.. @InteractiveBrokers: Are there plans to offer the lot, right up to AIM shares?

looks like IB are offering FTSE 350 constituents now... this is really encouraging.. @InteractiveBrokers: Are there plans to offer the lot, right up to AIM shares?

Contingent what is the feedback from our clients trading UK CFDs on the FTSE 100, 250 and 350 will determine our consideration to add more products (right up to AIM).

Yes, I work for Interactive Brokers as the name on the thread states.

My opinion is that we are the most credible, conservative and have the most advanced technology globally in the market. Taking into consideration what we charge I believe we offer the overall best value!

What I appreciate about our company is that we do not ask our clients to take our word for it rather we transparently post everything on our website e.g., costs, services, technology so anyone can compare without having to open or provide your contact details (like our competitors). But I respect we are not for everyone; regardless I wish you well in finding the best value for your trading needs.

I'm not but I do trade for myself- I take it you work for Interactive...if you were trading for yourself who would you trade with?

Thank you from all us at Interactive Brokers, for your vote in declaring us the winners of:

"Best Equities Broker" - Gold Award (1st Place).

"Best Futures Broker" - Gold Award (1st Place).

"Best Forex Broker" - Gold Award (1st Place).

"Best Options Broker" - Gold Award (1st Place).

"Best Realtime Data Feed" - Silver Award (2nd Place).

"Best Mobile Trading Application" - Gold Award (1st Place).

"Best Software for Options Traders" - Gold Award (1st Place).

The full list of winners can be viewed here: Trade2Win Members' Choice Awards 2011

@Interactive Brokers (or anybody knows)

What are examples of CFD symbols, to recall data with IB (i mean using API or tws) ?

Can you make 1 or 2 examples ?

Thanks a lot in advance

Well i found the information and wanted to test them.

x Interactive Brokers :

However i don't see TICKS arriving in the demo.

A very good idea would be to feed them so WE CAN TEST this stuff (API) an then possibly trade it live algorithmically or else it is impossible to develop features to support them within a platform.

Hello,

I'm based in the UK with GBP.

Is it possible to buy most FTSE Small caps and AIM (or anything UK under say 100 mill market cap) on margin with IB ?

Is it possible to short FTSE Small caps or even AIM with IB ? And on margin ?
Mid caps ? And can i check the margin rates without signing up ?

Can i short U.S stocks with GBP UK account and what market caps are generally available ?

Do IB use the same CFD type thing when you go short a stock ? (i ask as i've noticed that the CFD providers in the UK dont seem to offer small caps and the margin for anything other than the biggest companies is high)

Thank you for your questions, the answers are as follows:

1. We only support FTSE shares that are not small cap AIM shares. And select shares on IOB and SELECT AIM shares which are denominated in GBP.
2. You can trade on leverage with us. Margin
3. You can short shares with us.
4. We support CFDs for the majority of the same FTSE shares and international shares we support.

Commissions

All the best,
Interactive Brokers (UK) Limited

Hello,

I'm based in the UK with GBP.

Is it possible to buy most FTSE Small caps and AIM (or anything UK under say 100 mill market cap) on margin with IB ?

Is it possible to short FTSE Small caps or even AIM with IB ? And on margin ?
Mid caps ? And can i check the margin rates without signing up ?

Can i short U.S stocks with GBP UK account and what market caps are generally available ?

Do IB use the same CFD type thing when you go short a stock ? (i ask as i've noticed that the CFD providers in the UK dont seem to offer small caps and the margin for anything other than the biggest companies is high)

Blimey that was quick response.(y)

So just to be clear, with IB i could basically trade long and short stocks in the FTSE 350 and not AIM shares in general ?

But i can go long OR/AND short certain liquid stocks in the FTSE Small cap index ?

Most of those small caps will require 100% margin though right ? I'm seing a few on the search tool which have ''default'' listed under ''marin requirements''. What does the default margin mean ?

Thanks.

So just to be clear, with IB i could basically trade long and short stocks in the FTSE 350 and not AIM shares in general ? Correct.

But i can go long OR/AND short certain liquid stocks in the FTSE Small cap index ?

Contingent we support them. We have a lookup product list in our website.

Most of those small caps will require 100% margin though right ? I'm seing a few on the search tool which have ''default'' listed under ''marin requirements''. What does the default margin mean ?

REG T

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Why Hong Kong residents are prohibited from trading CFDs? Is it due to legal or technical reason? Could it be available for Hong Kong in future?

Hello,

With IG Markets the interest charged on CFD's is 2.5% above libor.

So IB cfd's are 1.5% + the current GBP LIBOR (Overnight Rate) of 0.479% ?? Is that right ?

If i wanted to compare IB with IG markets can i just make sure exactly what interest i would have to pay right now for say a cfd on TESCO:LSE ?

And commissions and any other fees ?

Regards

your opinion please

Our CFD highlights:

- We ask a sliding scale that starts at 8 to 1.5 basis points ie the more you trade the less you pay.
- You can trade through any of our trading platforms, Web Trader, Trader Workstation, Mobile Trader and API.
- Low finance fees.
- You have access to the underlying and best execution (Smart Order Routing).
- Account protection of over $500,000.

We hope you compare us to the others and make the best choice for you.

which trading platform would you suggest for cfd gold and silver withlow iniital startup?

I was considering IB's US stock CFDs but I had a few questions I was hoping somebody could help me with:

Is the overnight marine requirement the same as the intraday requirement (10%?)?

Are CFDs like stocks and only only start paying interest on a position after three days?

I notice the IB site says the margin requirement is usually 10% but it varies based on risk and market capitalisation. Is there any way to check the margin requirement before you do a trade in a particular stock?

Thanks for any help you can offer with these questions.

I was considering IB's US stock CFDs but I had a few questions I was hoping somebody could help me with:

Is the overnight marine requirement the same as the intraday requirement (10%?)?

Are CFDs like stocks and only only start paying interest on a position after three days?

I notice the IB site says the margin requirement is usually 10% but it varies based on risk and market capitalisation. Is there any way to check the margin requirement before you do a trade in a particular stock?

Thanks for any help you can offer with these questions.

Never used IB, but have used a few CFD providers. As standard, the margin requirement remains constant whether overnight or intraday. Would be shocked if IB were any different.

Again, overnight financing starts from day 1 – but only if you hold overnight. If you close intra-day, you’ll pay no interest. Very sure IB will be the same.

All providers I’ve used have set margin requirements, they usually have a list. Accendo Markets show you the margin requirement on the deal ticket before you place the trade, so it’s transparent. I have experienced margins changing whilst I’ve had positions open, e.g. with the banks a few years ago, but it doesn’t happen often.

I think what they mean by ‘margins may vary’ is that lower market cap stocks will have higher margins, but they vary between stocks rather than on a daily basis. For example, Accendo charge up to 75% on some small caps, 5% on big blue chips. This remains fairly static.

Hope it helps.