Insight Trading System - Steer clear!

Hittfeld said:
This morning at 5:50 EST (US) the signal said LONG, not a possible LONG, but LONG. Still the system showed an open position being short.

Regards

Hittfeld

That's madness - you're right - it is still showing a long signal for later !!
I'm staying short as per. DowTrader and yesterday's DowStomper (45 pips up so far on the Dow June future)
Happy trading....

NK

kreks said:
Actually, I see right now that at the top of the page it says "most recent signal : short on 2007-04-10 at 12574.48" - funny that the Short signal was only displayed for a couple of hours before the page updated. Even the homepage has been updated and normally that takes a couple of days!
I will try to track it a bit more closely..Like hourly (Dow Stomper) . The back results look great, but it's now been two times that I was thrown off due to conflicting messages when I did not check regularily
Kreks, can I contact you by email?

Peter

maha.on.maui said:
I will try to track it a bit more closely..Like hourly (Dow Stomper) . The back results look great, but it's now been two times that I was thrown off due to conflicting messages when I did not check regularily

Peter

Happy to take emails, Peter.

I took profits on the last short signal when the Dow went above 12500 yesterday. It was a bullish day, despite some negative economic data, and I'm waiting to see what tonight's PPI numbers are like before deciding whether to enter the Long position currently recommended by DowStomper. Australia and Japan are both down today (bearish candles too). I've only been trading for about a year. but it seems to me like the markets are CRAZY lately.

Last edited:
kreks said:
Happy to take emails, Peter.

I took profits on the last short signal when the Dow went above 12500 yesterday. It was a bullish day, despite some negative economic data, and I'm waiting to see what tonight's PPI numbers are like before deciding whether to enter the Long position currently recommended by DowStomper. Australia and Japan are both down today (bearish candles too). I've only been trading for about a year. but it seems to me like the markets are CRAZY lately.

Ok, I see it now. the 'Current signal ' changed to Long from Possible Long between 12:00 am EST and 01:30 am EST. Good time for me here, just before 8 pm my time. But I wait, because on the main page there are 'no messages' for me with the position still being short and it is exactly this 'current signal' I have seen 'flip-flop, like it could be back to Short tomorrow...I have seen it happen. that's why I want to track it hourly now.
Peter

kreks said:
Greetings all,

I've also checked out the data Jerry used and indeed it's the very warped Yahoo data, which has skewed his results. By my calculations (using data from my CFD trading platform with IG Markets - which should be more accurate, or at least relevant to me!), entering EOD and trading with a 50-point target, between 1 Jan 06 and 3 April 07, total profit would have been 1579 points, with 63 trades, of which 50 were 'hits' and 13 'misses' (of the latter, most were unprofitable, but a few were profitable sub-50 point trades).

Cheers,

Kreks

Could you please explain what you mean by "Amended" in your spread sheet. Which of course looks like the best result.

maha.on.maui said:
Ok, I see it now. the 'Current signal ' changed to Long from Possible Long between 12:00 am EST and 01:30 am EST. Good time for me here, just before 8 pm my time. But I wait, because on the main page there are 'no messages' for me with the position still being short and it is exactly this 'current signal' I have seen 'flip-flop, like it could be back to Short tomorrow...I have seen it happen. that's why I want to track it hourly now.
Peter

To continue...on the Dow Chart page the position changed from Short to Long between 3:00 am EST and 3:45 am EST, at which time the 'Current signal' changed to 'No Signal', so maybe that's the final confirmation, it stayed like this since then. I entered Long YM at 12,605, about the same as the day session close... so far, so good
Peter

cu2 said:
Could you please explain what you mean by "Amended" in your spread sheet. Which of course looks like the best result.

Amended means there was no trade, as the signal was generated whil the IMS was between 40 and 65.

kreks said:
Amended means there was no trade, as the signal was generated whil the IMS was between 40 and 65.

don't they have even more stringent values themselves about the IMS? I read on their website they take longs only below 35 and above 65 for shorts.

dberliner said:
don't they have even more stringent values themselves about the IMS? I read on their website they take longs only below 35 and above 65 for shorts.

Yeah that's right. You can look at it as an OS/OB oscillator and it's up to you which values to trade.

rfdevoe said:
the dow stomper system at the close of april 10 showed no signal. this morning-april 11 the system said it went short on april 10. can somebody explain the discrepancy. thank you

It takes the final settlement price, which looks to only be available at about 3am EST. If you are in the UK, that's like, mid morning or something.

If you go looking for it before then, you only have yourself to blame because the date range the chart is showing is indicated on the chart itself

If you can't be arsed to check whether it's actually updated to yesterday's session or not, then hell yeah, you DESERVE to get wiped out.

What is it with the Dow Stomper stops?
I thought it was an EOD stop like in DT.
The stop on the last short was at 13,018, which was only reached via Yahoo warped theoretical data, intraday, not EOD..
So the trade was stopped, although the market never really got there.
And now we have another Short with a higher stop, might as well have stayed short.

Peter

maha.on.maui said:

Peter

Yeah it is weird. Over the weekend (after the stop was breached) there was a Possible Short signal displayed all the way through to the Monday morning open and beyond until the new Short position was confirmed Monday EOD. I stayed in the original short from last week. It can't be long before a pull-back in the market, even with all the manipulation that's obviously at play!

Does anyone know why the current DowStomper stop is set to 13,160?

If I understood the system correctly, than in the case of a short, the stop should be placed 1% above the high made on the day of the signal. The signal was made on April 23rd to short and the high was 12984 (rounded). That makes the right stop around 13114.

What gives?

Thanks!

dberliner said:
Does anyone know why the current DowStomper stop is set to 13,160?

If I understood the system correctly, than in the case of a short, the stop should be placed 1% above the high made on the day of the signal. The signal was made on April 23rd to short and the high was 12984 (rounded). That makes the right stop around 13114.

What gives?

Thanks!

They're using the "theoretical" high of 13030 for the day (see Yahoo). 13030 x 1.01 = 13160

kreks said:
They're using the "theoretical" high of 13030 for the day (see Yahoo). 13030 x 1.01 = 13160

Funny. Are we also supposed to trade this system using "theoretical" funds only? ;)

Thanks Kreks!

dberliner said:
Funny. Are we also supposed to trade this system using "theoretical" funds only? ;)

Thanks Kreks!

Well I'm using real $$ and finding it pretty good so far, but only as one of those "playtime" systems! You can never put too much faith in these things. But more often than not, I've found that you can "beat" the DowStomper entries/exits by using some common sense stop loss/profit protection principles. So far it's been pretty easy $$$.

kreks said:
Well I'm using real $$ and finding it pretty good so far, but only as one of those "playtime" systems! You can never put too much faith in these things. But more often than not, I've found that you can "beat" the DowStomper entries/exits by using some common sense stop loss/profit protection principles. So far it's been pretty easy $$$.

Ok, Thanks kreks!

Do you know at what time does Yahoo publish it's theoretical values for the day?

The "New" Insight? Clickcharts!

Has anyone seen the "new" offering from Insight/Clickcharts? The insight homepage is proudly announcing a new product offering and this time it will be FREE. Bah! Three years in the making? Methinks someone's taking a leaf out of the DowStomper book by making it free, but as to it's worth - well, free might turn out to be expensive for those who trade it and then lose money! We wait and see.

Last edited: