Indicators are liars! Support and Resistance Trading for the S&P emini

Hi everyone

*****LEVELS FOR YM, NQ AND ES*****

Please find attached todays levels. The S/R numbers are in the black column, the MP, Pivots, Fibs, Simple Moving Averages and Summary Numbers are for confluence and information.

Always remember to use the numbers as a guideline for potential areas of high probability plays.

Always use a set up based upon your system to enter a trade
Good trading all

Attachments

• PivotfarmSupport&Resistance 11-06.pdf
    227.1 KB · Views: 208
Hi everyone

Please find attached todays levels. The S/R numbers are in the black column, the MP, Pivots, Fibs, Simple Moving Averages and Summary Numbers are for confluence and information.

Always remember to use the numbers as a guideline for potential areas of high probability plays.

Good trading all

Attachments

• PivotfarmSupport&Resistance 12-06.pdf
    234.4 KB · Views: 195
Hi everyone

Good trading all

Attachments

• PivotfarmSupport&Resistance 03-08.pdf
    228.6 KB · Views: 222
Thanks aamarx for this thread. I'm working through your numbers trying to understand each one. Daily Support & Resistance calculations are quite useful. For example, stop losses are seldom lower than S1 - at least, on the stocks I am watching.

You can get a PC- or a mobile browser-friendly daily Support & Resistance on your mobile from Free Analysis Tools for Investors and Traders for stocks, if that is what you trade.

Hi everyone

Good trading all

Attachments

• PivotfarmSupport&Resistance 04-08.pdf
    242.6 KB · Views: 239
Hi everyone

Good trading all

Attachments

• PivotfarmSupport&Resistance 05-08.pdf
    235.7 KB · Views: 199
****LEVELS FOR NQ, YM AND ES****

Hi everyone

Always use a set up based upon your system to enter a trade.

Good trading all

Attachments

• PivotfarmSupport&Resistance 06-08.pdf
    247.9 KB · Views: 188
****LEVELS FOR ES****

Hi everyone

Good trading all

Attachments

• PivotfarmSupport&Resistance 07-08.pdf
    106.9 KB · Views: 232

Hi everyone

Good trading all

Attachments

• PivotfarmSupport&Resistance 10-08.pdf
    239.8 KB · Views: 246

Hi everyone

Good trading all

Attachments

• PivotfarmSupport&Resistance 12-08.pdf
    229.7 KB · Views: 220

Hi everyone

Good trading all

Attachments

• PivotfarmSupport&Resistance 13-08.pdf
    226.4 KB · Views: 256

Hi everyone

Good trading all

Attachments

• PivotfarmSupport&Resistance 14-08.pdf
    223 KB · Views: 198

Hi everyone

Good trading all

Attachments

• PivotfarmSupport&Resistance 17-08.pdf
    228.4 KB · Views: 312

Hi everyone

Good trading all

Attachments

• PivotfarmSupport&Resistance 18-08.pdf
    228.8 KB · Views: 193

Hi everyone

Good trading all

Attachments

• PivotfarmSupport&Resistance 19-08.pdf
    231.1 KB · Views: 206
Guys,

I have to say that I find the data posted here, very impressive.

Kudos to you for that.

It may be a little too complicated for some traders though, especially newbies.

When I was learning, I eventually got myself in with some people that gave me signals - this kept me out of trouble and helped me get to a point where I could eventually understand key levels. More importantly, gained profitability.

I still don't have 10% of the technical prowess of you guys, just try to follow the good trades I get from the likes of you guys.

Good work once again.

Understanding your trading Indicators, What it can't do!

Dear Friends,

I was reading this thread and like to put my opinion. Part of any trader's success is their indicators. Every trader needs a good set of indicators, or strategies, to help him consistently take profits from the market. Your trading indicators are important foundation in your daily trading. A good system with rules, discipline and trading skills can produce good results. However, remember, indicators are simply tools. Without knowing price action or different market conditions any trading tools can become useless. Remember, Indicators are only 10%, 90% is the trader.

An architect, with a good set of tools, can make beautiful things because he has a plan, he has the skill to build, and he knows how to use his tools. However, these same tools do not make him an architect -- his skill and education make him an architect. Another example is if your handwriting is bad, you cannot blame the pen you are writing with. Instead you need to practice your handwriting skills. Every trader must know how, when and where to use the tools for his consistent success.

It can be a number of different reasons that a trader fail, lack of guidance, emotions, trading psychology, Confused chart settings or undeveloped trading skills. Trading skills cannot be developed by simply reading a few trading books or watching a couple of videos. Trading skill can only be developed by practice.

However, believe it or not, no indicator works 100% all the time. The reason is each second in the market is different. Indicators are programmed based on past performance. We are expecting history to repeat. We are trading the "probability" that it will.

Additionally, your indicator can only give you a piece of information about the market. It cannot help you to develop your skills or trading psychology. A trade set-up simply explains MAY BE. Different market situation needs different set-ups, an understanding of price development, and an understanding of who the players are.

I'm a long term trader in Eminis, I'm successfully using one trading method around 9 years now. I was using around 500 indicators when I started trading around 17 years ago. Never try to do that. Stick with a system that works and don't look fo that Holy Grail. It does not exist! Why I have to take a trade when I'm in congestion, even my indicators give me buy or sell signal? Look at my attached screen shot!

understanding the Volume and price actions definitely give results.

Wish you all good trading!

Dr.B

Attachments

• ES-DAILY.gif
    ES-DAILY.gif
    47.6 KB · Views: 256
****LEVELS FOR ES****

Hi everyone

Good trading all

Attachments

• PivotfarmSupport&Resistance 21-08.pdf
    103.7 KB · Views: 184