Index King In Da' House !

any ideas guys 7 days lagging diff is 5489+ today's ftse close 4335. that equals 9824. website gives this no. for ftse pair trade 9837??????? thanks jai

The latest trade has gone about 300 points the wrong way so far. Will be interesting to see if it can make those points back. The FTSE just doesn't seem to want to keep up with the Dow at the moment.

this has been the highest diff. between the two for as far as i can go back. this has been upto now the highest diff ever. even at the dow's peak this diff was 48-4900. regards jai.

Is anyone still following the main IK trade ? I believe its gone a bit bad but the specials he's posting recently seem awesome. How long have these been posted ? I seemed to have missed the move on it.
I got on the special today and am already very excited ! The original IK system is a bit tedious at times but the past trades look well worth the stress ! Mind you the specials with their greater trading opportunites and higher profits are much better. Anyone got any feedback on these trades ?

Ciao
Jane

Hi Jane
I'm a bit concerned about the difference performances of these two systems. i.e. the Original IK system and the "hybrid special".

The original system as I saw it is a purely mechanical, mathematical based system which; with the difference between the Dow and FTSE at a record all-time high must be to sell Dow and buy FTSE to narrow the gap. To then suggest that the new system now is the opposite means, to my mind, that this is operating on completely different principles.

I have not followed IK's system because I worked out my own but I have just this minute got out when it hit my self-imposed stoploss. (I couldn't stand the pain!).

I have no idea what IK's system was but have built my own which gives similar results. There are very large drawdowns but is currently +4058 points this year.

Hi Esiotrot

Thanks for your reply. I agree there is a somewhat marked difference in the new version. The guy behind all this seems pretty smart to have re-worked it to such an inprovement.
Your system that you have is up 4058 points this year ? Is it based on the present IK system or have you got any rules to stop the drawdowns ? This is my first go at his specials and I must say that impressed doesn't do my views justice ! It may be a lucky one but from the previous results it looks like he's onto something pretty amazing. Thats why I asked if anyone has been following them since he started adding them to the site.
alanb41252 the site is at
www.winning-spreadbets.com
Look for the latest trade link and see for yourself. You might be able to shed light on this 'grail'
Well I'll keep following obviously ! but would love to hear some more feedback from you guys. This thread has been going for sometime but I don't know who Hugo is ?? The webmaster is a guy called Richard so whats happened here?? Also does Richard post on T2W ?
Looks like the special scored a century today, although the last one from the previous results was stopped at -100, is this right ?
I also downloaded the spreadsheet with this seven day lag theory ? Is this the actual original IK system or just a good attempt to suss it out ?
If any one has any ideas about these specials then please spill the beans !!!

Ciao
Jane

I intend to follow the specials for a while.

When would you tend to enter the trade for today ( 17 Dec ) ?
After the DOW has opened today or last night right after the close ?

Reason I ask is because the spreadbet price on the Dow right now is nowhere near last night's close and an entry at the specified difference may not be possible today.

There are at least two problems with the specials. As you can see, it is hard to get the correct entry price. It is probably best to trade at the close but the gap will probably be 20 points different to the ideal. Then there is the problem with the stop. A 100 point stop looks good but how do you trigger it? The only way I could do it would be to sit at the computer all day working out the difference.

So is his regular system basically the same as the Special but without the 100 stop ?

Has anybody traded this system successfully ?

BigBusiness i believe you can have a ftse dow diff. trade offered by spreadbetting firms with a stop as opposed to buying or selling each index seperately. however such trades are not offered on dow pairing with cac or dax regards jai.

jaichopra,

As far as I know, only IG index offer that. There is a 20point spread and it is based on the futures price, so is hard to compare and can get skewed. When doing a short term trade, it would knock a lot of points off the profits.

The latest trade has been hit hard but as it hasn't finished yet we may be wrong to judge it. If anyone is following the specials then a new one has been posted. Does anyone know the frequency of these specials ? The stats show something like 200 odd trades from last September ? Richard has posted 3 in the last week ? I made a packet on the last one, but it may have been just luck :)

Ciao
Jane

BigBusiness finspreads say 16 point spread but when you are dealing you get quoted between 10 and 14 .that is based on futures,so you are not rolling bets everyday and therefore save money. regards jai