In Cambio Veritas

I am not really familiar with Mssrs Edwards and Magee, tbh... But yes, simple is best, 'cause that's inherent in the concept of "language".

BTW, I should apologize to Monetae for hijacking his thread. Really sorry and happy to go elsewhere, if you prefer.

Hopefully Monetae will welcome your contributions as much as I do. It's very interesting to hear this from someone like you.

Edwards and Magee is basically the classic technical analysis text, and it mainly focusses on the real basics. Support and resistance, trendlines and channels, really simple major patterns like wedges, triangles, and flags, trend-following, etc etc.

Anyway, thank you for providing a very interesting insight.

Hopefully Monetae will welcome your contributions as much as I do. It's very interesting to hear this from someone like you.

Edwards and Magee is basically the classic technical analysis text, and it mainly focusses on the real basics. Support and resistance, trendlines and channels, really simple major patterns like wedges, triangles, and flags, trend-following, etc etc.

Anyway, thank you for providing a very interesting insight.
No probs, I am happy to pass it on, as I got from someone I have a great deal of respect for. I wish I had come up with it myself, but, alas, I don't have the sort of level of understanding of mkts that comes with 20 years in the trenches.

And yes, the idea of usefulness diminishing with complexity is sort of inherent to the whole idea.

Sell USD/JPY @ 98.12, SL 98.46, TP 96.20

What made you change your mind and short the USD JPY?

I was with you initially in thinking that the pair would rise due to USD strength and the weakness off the JPY and the probable continued stimulus by the BOJ

Long term I still think it will. That trade was mainly technical. I am a big H&S fan.

UBS:

CAD weakness likely to be short term

24 Jun 2013, 17:49

While the AUD has been sliding lower already for weeks, the CAD kept its strength, given stronger economic data out of Canada. However, in recent days, also the CAD has seen a decent setback. On the one hand the announcement about the end of US quant easing put a number of currencies, such as SEK, NOK and EM currencies under pressure. Furthermore, the flooding in Calgary put the CAD under pressure. We expect latest moves to reverse in the coming weeks, but cannot rule out short term weakness.

WSJ

June 26, 2013

Canadian bond rallied along with U.S. Treasurys Wednesday morning after disappointing revision of U.S. growth data called into question speculation the Federal Reserve could begin winding down its asset purchase programs fairly soon.

The market trimmed some of its earlier gains in late-morning trading.

Canada's two-year bond yield is at 1.229% Wednesday, from 1.259 Tuesday, according to electronic trading platform CanDeal. The 10-year bond yielded 2.499%, from 2.537%.

There were no significant data releases in Canada, leaving the market open to external influences such as the rallying U.S. Treasury market.

______

& slower growth from China is negative for the Aussie.

______

Exited USD/JPY Short @ 97.54 (+59).

that's it? you've just copy-and-paste-d some pretty low-grade "research", not something I'd expect someone from a Hedge Fund to be paying any attention to...

He has no vendor badge and has yet to try and offer services or sell anything so no need to accuse him of anything yet.

Some of the trades seem good/logical so until he starts offering his course/book for a limited time only why not let the man continue. Just my 2cents

He has no vendor badge and has yet to try and offer services or sell anything so no need to accuse him of anything yet.

Some of the trades seem good/logical so until he starts offering his course/book for a limited time only why not let the man continue. Just my 2cents

Just give him a chance, the old Barjon/Neville Chamberlain arguement

It's probably come from Oanda, they have a feature that pumps through low-level stuff but from respectable names - for instance UBS (I was never impressed) and IFR (which does have some interesting pieces). I think they also had an agreement with 4cast, which is a great service if you can get your hands on it.