I'm doing great!

Ctlm

Selling to close out and take profit on today's open CTLM......

Here is a chart with my journal entry point.......

Attachments

• ctlm2.gif
    ctlm2.gif
    11 KB · Views: 210
WIW and INLM

Two new buy's today WIW and INLM......

Attachments

• wiw.gif
    wiw.gif
    16.7 KB · Views: 214
  • inlm.gif
    inlm.gif
    18.1 KB · Views: 207
Good trading as usual Watson. I was wondering how you manage the money managment part of your trading. What percentage of capital do you allocate to each trade and as you only trade to the long side do you protect your risk with options or futures in any way?

Regards Schoe.

schoe said:
Good trading as usual Watson. I was wondering how you manage the money managment part of your trading. What percentage of capital do you allocate to each trade and as you only trade to the long side do you protect your risk with options or futures in any way?

Regards Schoe.

Hi thanks's for the support, :)

I split my account to allow up to 20 positions (as most of my trade's are below $20 I can afford to diversify!). I usually avoid using margin.

I invest the same $ amount on each trade.

I use a stop loss on each position, I don't use derivatives to hedge my position.

Kindest regard's John.

Smmu

Adding SMMU to my portfolio on today's open. Here is the chart.......

More detail's and stop loss on my homepage just click the symbol. ;)

Attachments

• smmu.gif
    smmu.gif
    11.9 KB · Views: 225
wwatson1 said:
Adding SMMU to my portfolio on today's open. Here is the chart.......

More detail's and stop loss on my homepage just click the symbol. ;)

bye bye mr watson and good luck

I considered VRSO but wasn't brave enough to buy. I bought another one of your earlier picks which I sold a few days later when it went up 10% and now its way below my original buy. So I sold at a good time :D.

Holding a few VIDE,

Slowly drifting up so far, Paused but Im looking for a break of $14.00..... :|

Attachments

• vide.gif
    vide.gif
    20.7 KB · Views: 238
Hi, I find stock's easier to trade. I used to trade emini's but didn't find much of an edge there.

Yourself??

I'm Doing Great

wwatson1 said:
Hi, I find stock's easier to trade. I used to trade emini's but didn't find much of an edge there.

Yourself??

WWATSON1,

I'm and expatriate banking executive working in the Philippines. I'm well paid, but my heart is in trading. Given the difference in time zones, I can't trade equities in Europe, nor in the USA. Therefore, I trade futures on the Eurex or CME (Globex.) I prefer Estoxx 50, DAX, NQ-minis, and sometimes FX futures - mostly CAD and Swiss.

So far my best results come from using an impulse system. I use the 26-day EMA to find a trend, and then I wait until the one-hour EMA (13 periods) and the MACD (12/26/9) point in the same direction. When all three ducks point in the same direction I go long/short, and cover when one of the three indicators falls out of sync with the others. I set stops at 1/2 the channel width. I know it's not very complicated, and purely technical, but I am winning about about 67% of the time.

When I get back to civilization I hope to get back to equities.

I enjoyed your chart analysis. Very clean.

Take care,

Van88Guy

Van88Guy said:
WWATSON1,

I'm and expatriate banking executive working in the Philippines. I'm well paid, but my heart is in trading. Given the difference in time zones, I can't trade equities in Europe, nor in the USA. Therefore, I trade futures on the Eurex or CME (Globex.) I prefer Estoxx 50, DAX, NQ-minis, and sometimes FX futures - mostly CAD and Swiss.

So far my best results come from using an impulse system. I use the 26-day EMA to find a trend, and then I wait until the one-hour EMA (13 periods) and the MACD (12/26/9) point in the same direction. When all three ducks point in the same direction I go long/short, and cover when one of the three indicators falls out of sync with the others. I set stops at 1/2 the channel width. I know it's not very complicated, and purely technical, but I am winning about about 67% of the time.

When I get back to civilization I hope to get back to equities.

I enjoyed your chart analysis. Very clean.

Take care,

Van88Guy

Hi Van, I really like the sound of your system. I love the simplicity of moving averages and use 50 and 200 in my trading, Not so much as a trigger but as a guide.

Hope you continue your 67% winning trades.

Regards wwatson1

Which broker are you using? I saw a few trades of sub $2 stocks so IB doesn't sound like good for those types of trades.

Radfaraf,

I use REFCO. The platform is called REFCO8. Most trades cost USD 10/side, but they only do futures.

REFCO is good on execution, but their free batch of tools(indicators and so forth) are inadequate. So, I have a separate account with e-signal to follow the markets, and find to find opportunities.

Base on your question, it appears thay you are more of an equities person.

Take care,

Van88Guy

You must be trading size to afford 0.1cents a side, otherwise you are getting a terrible deal whatever your style of trading.

My 2cents
P

Van88Guy said:
Radfaraf,

I use REFCO. The platform is called REFCO8. Most trades cost USD 10/side, but they only do futures.

REFCO is good on execution, but their free batch of tools(indicators and so forth) are inadequate. So, I have a separate account with e-signal to follow the markets, and find to find opportunities.

Base on your question, it appears thay you are more of an equities person.

Take care,

Van88Guy

still good entry point IESV

Here is a recent trade that I feel positive about IESV, Still consolidating it has great upside potential with small downside risk.........

Attachments

• iesv.gif
    iesv.gif
    15.2 KB · Views: 243