IG Markets.... :-/

I just don't think they show enough information. How the hell you supposed to see the hourly PA at a prev swing or major res if it was 6 months ago?

Fair point guv.
I trade dailies and weeklies so I haven't come across that prob.
Also they don;t have a 4 hour view chart option on the basic charts. That would put some people off.

Fair point guv.
I trade dailies and weeklies so I haven't come across that prob.
Also they don;t have a 4 hour view chart option on the basic charts. That would put some people off.

actually in my early days I had success using only the basic line chart from IG with 3 moving averages; cross one way buy, cross the other sell (with a bit of breathing space in between). It was in fact my first step from taking a punt - based on news and fundamentals (and a magic 8 ball in my one and only tilt:D) to very basic charting that I could 'cope' with.

I wonder if the zen like discretionary/darkside traders actually go on a complete journey and end up using a couple of lines only in order to spot price action...?

actually in my early days I had success using only the basic line chart from IG with 3 moving averages; cross one way buy, cross the other sell (with a bit of breathing space in between). It was in fact my first step from taking a punt - based on news and fundamentals (and a magic 8 ball in my one and only tilt:D) to very basic charting that I could 'cope' with.

I wonder if the zen like discretionary/darkside traders actually go on a complete journey and end up using a couple of lines only in order to spot price action...?

Hi Black Swan,
I'm on that road myself. I tried various systems, using oscilator MA's, stochastics, at one stage I was using the 3 usual MA's on commodities (3, 9 and 18) that worked well on Soyabeans in a trend but not other times... I am no longer using any indicators only looking at price and support /resistance. It is working out well. Patience was my missing ingredient. I still need more of it.