IG index- how much does it cost to roll over a bet?

oh....i'm wasting my time here - I can't be bothered to talk demo and answer hypothetical questions. CIao!

see you tomorrow when i'll be 100 virtual pips richer!

Ok, maybe take them to a virtual shop and buy some virtual goods and use them in the virtual world.

Get your parents to get you an Alpari account. You can trade 5p/pip. Ask for £100 - it can be instead of a birthday/xmas present and if you're good and double you account you can refund them the £100 ASAP. Alternatively, find some form of employment in order to make a bit of cash or rob some grannies if worst comes to worst. Demo's a waste of a time if you have half an idea about things and you may as well trade small for real instead of nothing at all.

Quit with the IG questions etc. if you don't intend to open an account for another 3 years. A lot can change in that time.

Ok, maybe take them to a virtual shop and buy some virtual goods and use them in the virtual world.

Get your parents to get you an Alpari account. You can trade 5p/pip. Ask for £100 - it can be instead of a birthday/xmas present and if you're good and double you account you can refund them the £100 ASAP. Alternatively, find some form of employment in order to make a bit of cash or rob some grannies if worst comes to worst. Demo's a waste of a time if you have half an idea about things and you may as well trade small for real instead of nothing at all.

Quit with the IG questions etc. if you don't intend to open an account for another 3 years. A lot can change in that time.

money if tight so alpari isn't an option, live on the countryside sort of so no jobs- i went around 30 shops in town and i was too late. since i want to trade small lots aswell as not just trading FX, oanda could be a good option,but their charting looks...well....s***e. any words on oanda? Could be the way to go_On the other hand, there is FXCM, i love metatrader so this could be good, and only $25 minimum....

I don't understand why Alpari isn't an option.

Oanda aside from IG is the best execution i've had and has tighter spreads than IG. Charts don't look amazing at first but i'm used to it now and it's not a big deal. Only issue is withdrawing money via bank wire comes at a fee second time round and it's hassle to open an account. They're good for compounding too.

only thing about aonda i don't like is they don't have weekly charts! or do they? you can't scroll or zoom out, or can you?

TA, no platform charting etc. fee, you only pay the spread.

Oanda is good, great team behind them like founders Richard Olsen and Michael Stumm.

Had an account there for quite some time.

Charts offer all you need basically.

Plus you can trade as small as you like, ie start an account with 5 pounds if you want.

Agree with Masq, trading small but with real money is far better than a demo psychologically.

And if you want to trade on Oanda but additionally want longer term charts, these here are free:

NetDania - ChartStation - Application - Live forex charts, real-time forex charts, live currency charts

You can configure that any way you want to show as many or as few pairs, with studies or not, etc.

Yeah i use Oanda, their execution is way better than ig, their spreads are tighter than...never mind...eur/usd is 0.9, gbp/usd is under 3 i think, gbp/jpy is 3 or something, ig can be unreilable when prices move quick. Problem with oanda is charts aren't great, mine have massive gaps and they dont backfill so if your computer is off they dont load up...but i just use metatrader.
Also the way oandas position sizing works you can trade with a tiny account but you won't have take on a lot of risk etc etc. They are based in the US tho, i found setting up relatively easy but their withdrawls charges are annoying and unesscessary...

Good points cr.

Another huge advantage with Oanda for anybody starting out is that not only do they allow you to open as small an account as you wish.

You are also totally flexible in sizing your positions.

Unlike others you do not have to leverage to the max to trade with a small account which only dramatically increases your risk of ruin.

No, instead you can open trade positions as small as needed that allow you to lose no more than 1% or whatever you choose per trade irrespective of account size.

Give them a try TA, you won't regret it.

only thing about aonda i don't like is they don't have weekly charts! or do they? you can't scroll or zoom out, or can you?

I use Oanda for order execution and for charting demo a/c with Alpari or any other MT4 broker and the a/c never dies, if it does re-register it again.

Last edited:
i use metatrader for demo anyway so i suppose i could use them for charts and oanda for execution? might have a crack at it with £15 lol