IG Index Forex Currency Option?

Trendy Trader

Hello, I just started spread betting on IG Index. When I open a ticket on the Forex currency pairs I have an option to choose from a bunch of different currencies, does it matter which currency I choose or is it better to use a certain currency when trading the different pairs?

I'll attach an image just in case I didn't explain it well enough.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help clear this up for me.

Attachments

• ticket.JPG
    ticket.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,090
Last edited:
If you've just started with them and you live in the UK just use GBP if you are funding from a UK bank and don't forget if you use 'TradeSense' you can start off as low as 10p a pip.

Tell me that you did not open this account with real money. If you did then don't use it.
IG have a papertrading account so you can demo trade and figure out your way around.
Don't waste your money until you know what you are doing.

Just hope he/she does know what they're doing.

Thanks Tenapenny. That's what I've been doing. All my trades so far have been in GBP, but I was just wondering if I choose EUR or AUD would it change anything? Would there be any benefit (or harm) in using one of the other available currencies?

I do kinda know what I'm doing, but I'm a novice. I've used some demo accounts about a year ago and got back into playing around with a demo account recently, then decided it was time to try using a little real money. I'm aware of the risks and didn't risk any more than I can afford to lose. If I lose it all then it's because I did something stupid I guess, so I'm kinda prepared for that, but will try my best to avoid it and continue learning as I go along.

Last edited: