If someone found the grail....

Hotch

Experienced member
would you think it morally right of them to release it?

By "release it". I mean let it run rampant, as opposed to giving it limits, quitting while you're ahead etc.

If you let it off to it's own devices, surely it would have it's own effect on the stock market after a while (assuming it still works perfectly after it's effect).

I mean, eventually, as there is very little utility gained in trading, surely everyone would quit as you'd be the only one making money (pareto efficiency).

I know the official trader response is "screw em", but I think a lot more then traders are going to be effected. The whole world for example.

Maybe I'm going OTT though.

Hotch

xxx

By "release it". I mean let it run rampant, as opposed to giving it limits, quitting while you're ahead etc.

If you let it off to it's own devices, surely it would have it's own effect on the stock market after a while (assuming it still works perfectly after it's effect).

I mean, eventually, as there is very little utility gained in trading, surely everyone would quit as you'd be the only one making money (pareto efficiency).

I know the official trader response is "screw em", but I think a lot more then traders are going to be effected. The whole world for example.

Maybe I'm going OTT though.

Hotch

xxx

I think there are quite a few Grails that have already been released on this forum at least. Hasn't had much effect on the markets as far as i can tell.

It's people that are the problem - give me Lewis's car and I'd most likely crash it while still in the pits. Good car though :)

I think there are quite a few Grails that have already been released on this forum at least. Hasn't had much effect on the markets as far as i can tell.

It's people that are the problem - give me Lewis's car and I'd most likely crash it while still in the pits. Good car though :)
That puts you on par with Lewis! :LOL:

jj

Guess it depends on your definition of grail. I know there are many systems which can make money, but i was more talking about one which made amazing amounts of profit a day. Trading nearly every rise and fall and winning nearly every time.

You wouldnt be distributing it, for money or no. :p

Re: Lewis: no comment.

..... i was more talking about one which made amazing amounts of profit a day. Trading nearly every rise and fall and winning nearly every time.

''You're living in a dream world'' - as Morpheus said to Neo

the grail exists.
its called being a broker.
commissions collected on every trade, every day, whether the client wins or loses.

every mouse-click for a buy, you collect comms.
every mouse-click for a sell, you collect comms.

The downside to that plan is that most clients barely last a week and you have to keep finding new ones!

jj

''You're living in a dream world'' - as Morpheus said to Neo

Didn't think i claimed it existed. It was a hypothetical quetion which nobody has answered.

You're all too down to earth (good quality in trading of course).

If either of those became an issue you'd have proven that you hadn't really found the grail. The grail would never, ever stop working no matter what you threw at it.

Even if all the markets were closed down it would reopen them and suck people in to trade against...or something.

Didn't think i claimed it existed. It was a hypothetical quetion which nobody has answered.

You're all too down to earth (good quality in trading of course).

As Mr charts has stated.

Another similar question would be...

If I could fly like superman....Would I be a well respected hero?

You'll have to let this one go Hotch...As they say...know when to cut your losses.

As Mr charts has stated.

Another similar question would be...

If I could fly like superman....Would I be a well respected hero?

Now that's an entirely different matter. When i was changing my shirt in this telephone box the other day .................... :LOL:

the grail exists.
its called being a broker.
commissions collected on every trade, every day, whether the client wins or loses.

every mouse-click for a buy, you collect comms.
every mouse-click for a sell, you collect comms.
GOOD ONE :rolleyes:
if someone found the grail, it'd only be a matter of time before it destroyed itself
let's say you're making money 9.5 out of 10 trades
your greed will enlarge with leverage
now you're dealing with millions and you're diversifying just in order to make more
when you become a billionaire trading billions, you "become" the matrix
you're obviously gonna affect the market with ripple waves so it wouldn't matter if you were right or not
but since you're regularly right, you'd want to "hide in the open" as an institution/company because it facilitates your money making addiction
does warren buffet trade his billions on the regular? no
if he did, would he "corner" the market? absolutely
of course, when you become invincible you lose your edge because now everyone's out to get you and bet against you so you they profit with your loss
so there you go :LOL:

really? i'd like to know
i think i can be the senna or prost to lewis :cool:
didn't know peeps here liked F1 :smart:

It would be insane of them to just let it loose. It's called overgrazing. Much better to keep it throttled low, let it nibble here and there, turn a frankly unspeakable profit without massacring the markets in the process.

Hotch,

Right.

You got me thinking about this holy grail thing.

Here is what I've come up with.

Lets say you have this holy grail system, lets say for an example it is a time machine so you know whats going to happen next or a system that predicts with scary precision of the next move.

Here is my reply:

Cause and effect.

In other words, if I then become a part of the cycle, I inevitably interfere with it and so it changes. The holy grail, ie, the time machine then becomes a possible paradox or cancels itself out as the 'past' has now changed by me 'interfering' with the market so the future 'outcome' will also change, or the spot on prediction system now becomes obsolete due to me now placing trades and thus cancels itself out as the prediction system was made before I interfered or placed a trade. Every buyer for every seller. This is why it will NEVER exist and therefore a pointless conversation.

Not sure why I was even thinking about it. :LOL: