If not IB or Arcade then what???

Tubbs

OK so I can't get a job with an Investment Bank. I don't trust the Arcade route. The question is, is there some other job or industry that requires people with a real interest in the financial markets. Maybe it's not actually trading but close to the source at least. Any thoughts? CNBC maybe?

Actually I've applied to both CNBC & Bloomberg more times than I can mention. They NEVER send any acknowledgement of my application, nor do Reuters. I find them all to be a bunch of B*****ds.

why do you want to be close to the source? I mean would you like to somehow be exposed to the possibility of one day getting close to the front line and trade? Taken under wing developed by a trader to trade?

What do you feel you have to do for yourself with your life , whats your calling...

Yeah, course I want to trade. Ideally I will find a way to give up any formal work & trade myself. But as a safety net or even a more surefire 'career' I would like to by involved in the industry at least. Trading would be the ultimate goal that at the moment seems a one man pursuit or nothing.

right, well an option maybe if you are confident that you have a "Method Edge" developed which you feel is right and you know what market, etc, then it may be the question of downsizing in order to free yourself and allocate the time neccessary to get on with it.

But fairly early on by society encouragement etc, we can shackle ourselves to committments we perhaps need to look at unwinding.

ive heard it said that "Most people are too busy working that they dont have the time to figure out how to make money"

It looks to me as the option is positioning where you have 12 months to totally devote yourself to that method and market. If you are confident with the method already, but feel time ,job is issue etc.

can you do what it takes to get yourself into that position? looking forward?

Of course a lot depends on very personal situations etc.. but are you saying that cant be done or you dont want to do that ?

If you are not confident with method ,plan etc. then i'd hold work and continue study til you see a point where it begins to be clearer. mentors and coaches may help you with this.

Thats an option, not the definitive route and such but an option.

You want to trade ideally for yourself , whats stopping you? you spell it out in your post above, feeling secure about it. safety. (lack) Weve all been there maybe and these are area's that are opportunities for learning for ourselves. Hard time and experience plus your continual learning attitude.

I dont know mate... if you had the time how long do you think you would need ?
Better stop here in case I'm woofing up the wrong tree.

Yeah - I certainly don't have the method yet - but the job does get in the way of finding the method. I must admit this week around Christmas has given my a much clearer vision for trading success, but still elusive. I'm actually wondering whether I should quit my engineering job (graduate type job) for a bit of property development after learning plumbing. The trading would then be far easier to fit into this framework. As you can see there are quite a few hard decisions I'm trying to make.