Ichimoku

Enter on 5min.This is the another view of trading with Kumo Clouds/Keltner Channels that I am going to try on demo,

Attachments

• ichikelt m1.GIF
    ichikelt m1.GIF
    65.3 KB · Views: 349
  • ichikelt m5.GIF
    ichikelt m5.GIF
    66.4 KB · Views: 338
  • ichikelt m15.GIF
    ichikelt m15.GIF
    73.2 KB · Views: 287
  • ichikelt h1.GIF
    ichikelt h1.GIF
    72.2 KB · Views: 257
  • ichikelt d1.GIF
    ichikelt d1.GIF
    64 KB · Views: 280
i use the kumo as a support/resistance guide i don't trade strictly using the kumo

seems to be more powerful the sharper the move and the subsequent sharpness of the retracement :cool:

the other lines confuse me so i generally ignore them lol this fits with my strategy because i don't tend to hold much belief in an EMA of price as an indicator, apparently it's statistically significant but something tells me otherwise :smart:

I used 1 min for my intra-day trading during the US timing from 0800-1200.

However, I do also use 10s and 15 min charting for checking references.

Regards,
res

I'm using Ichi on the YM on a 2min chart, and watch the 10min for general direction.
Just started with Ichi..WOW..great stuff!
I'd like to correspond/chat/trade emails with any other short time frame Ichi users.
(IchiManiacs?)
Ian

having always dissed forex traders, I'm eating humble pie these days
and now trading the major pairs, by running Ichimoku Kinko Hyo on autotrade

I also use Ichimoku kinko Hyo in parallel with my normal trading on the ES, gold, oil etc
for which I trade off 1H, but use 15m to finesse an entry and a 5m as a heads-up that things might be going tits-up on a trade

I also use Ichimoku kinko Hyo in parallel with my normal trading on the ES, gold, oil etc
for which I trade off 1H, but use 15m to finesse an entry and a 5m as a heads-up that things might be going tits-up on a trade
Since you've automated Ichi, what are your favorite triggers.,..T/K cross, Kumo breakouts, price crossing Kijun...?!?!
I assume you've done more than a little backtesting. Which one of the Ichi trade triggers has the stats on it's side?

my favourite is:
a breakout from Kumo Cloud
if, ideally, supported by Chikou Span cross, I double the number of lots
and if the Horizon Kumo has also turned positive, I treble

with (a close below) Kijun Span as Trailing Stop

When I'm trading manually I don't trade the Tenkan/Kijun cross if the cross occurs below or within the cloud,
but once a trend trade is underway, I'll use the cross, if above the Cloud, to add to existing Longs or re-enter if previously stopped out

my favourite is:
a breakout from Kumo Cloud
if, ideally, supported by Chikou Span cross, I double the number of lots
and if the Horizon Kumo has also turned positive, I treble

with (a close below) Kijun Span as Trailing Stop

When I'm trading manually I don't trade the Tenkan/Kijun cross if the cross occurs below or within the cloud,
but once a trend trade is underway, I'll use the cross, to add to existing Longs or re-enter if previously stopped out
Very interesting points.
I use a MACD cross of it's MA in conjunction with price crossing the Kijun, or a T/K cross.

MACD crossing it's MA along with Price crossing Tenkan works very well too.
All on a 2Minute YM chart. I use 10 Minute chart for direction.
I'm seeing profitable trades with a T/K cross under/above the Kumo all the time..seems to make no difference for a scalp.... Might have to start trading it...not looking for 50 points, just 10 or 20.

Thanks for the info.

Muhahahahaha I knew we'd get you onto our dark side eventually..how weird is this though, been playing around with the itchy scratchy clouds myself over the past week or so... Really struggling with it tbh...maybe it's a left handed spazz thing...be good to see this thread develop, if anyone could be kind enough to put up some really dumb charts, clouds for dummies style, be mucho appreciated..:)

i've had the ichi moku on a chart ever since i first read about it but never traded any signals

subjectively drawn trendlines and patterns seem to work best for me but ichi moku is pretty colours

if anyone could be kind enough to put up some really dumb charts, clouds for dummies style, be mucho appreciated..:)

in this example, breakout <A>, was a no-no, because although price broke out and closed above the cloud, neither the Chikou Span nor the Horizon Kumo Cloud confirmed.

However, after a brief retracement, next breakout at <B>, was confirmed initially when Chikou broke above Price at <b1>, and then at <b2> when Chikou broke above Kumo cloud

Later, contracts were added at <C>, when the Horizon Kumo Cloud turned positive at <c>

Can't remember what happened to <D>, but the close below Kijun at <E> was the exit

Interesting though, that the Tenkan/Kijun cross wasn't really much use on this Long sequence, only confirming around the same time as the additional signals at <C>
but the T/K cross was a real strong Bear signal for the subsequent Short
I wouldn't take it because it was above the Kumo Cloud, but hats off to those traders who do take the T/K cross signals alone.

Attachments

• usdjpy example.jpg
    usdjpy example.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 504
I keep a standard set MACD up on my screens for confirmation on T crosses, TK crosses, etc. I try entering near the yellow Tenkan Sen line with an MACD cross, it's really hard to go wrong.
There's lots of opportunities to trade this method. The YM seems to like round #'s, and bounces off them all the time. Key word in that statement is "seems". Round Numbers = 25, 50, 75, even Hundred areas, etc.
Of course these are what I call Scalps, just little 10 pt gains. I keep a 10 Minute chart up on another monitor w/MACD just for general Mkt direction.
Here's a pic of what I'm looking at every day. This is my first attempt at posting a pic. Wish me luck!
Ian

Attachments

• Longs001.jpg
    Longs001.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 373
Ian, what about Exits ?
from your chart, it looks like a close below Kijun would make sense ?
Probably would be a good idea.
I just took Ichi off my charts.
Price crossing a 9 EMA is more than enough signal for the way I trade since I key off the MACD crosses in the general direction of the trend.
Ichi seems to work out well, but it's distracting me from doing what I need to do.
Evolution is a good thing.
I'm just trying to keep my trade triggers as simple as possible.

...be good to see this thread develop, if anyone could be kind enough to put up some really dumb charts, clouds for dummies style, be mucho appreciated..:)

I found a helpful site about Ichimoku a while back and it taught me the basics. It is called Kumo Trader Ichimoku Wiki. Here's the links the main page and the wiki:

http://www.kumotrader.com/ichimoku_wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

http://www.kumotrader.com/ichimoku_wiki/index.php?title=Ichimoku_trading_strategies#READ_THIS_FIRST.21

Hope that helps

[EDIT] Doh! just noticed someone already posted a link to this early in the thread. Oh well you might not have seen it either.

Last edited:
Here's an example of a trade I've taken in Silver. The price broke out above the cloud in the middle of August but I like to wait for the first pullback to either the cloud or the Kinjun line and reversal back above it to get in. So the buy signal for me was the combination of the cross above the Kijun line and a positive Senkou Span Cross which is where the cloud (Kumo) moved back to bullish (green on my chart). There was also a strong tenkan sen/kijun sen cross on the initial breakout.

Attached is my chart

Attachments

• slv_ichi_1-9-11.png
    slv_ichi_1-9-11.png
    71.9 KB · Views: 300
Great to find this at the beginning, I have just started to read about Ichi (I also trade harmonic patterns/fibs).

In my search for a back up to harmonic trading I figured Ichi would provide this only too well. Usually I only trade eur/usd, at the moment ichi has been bearish on the daily for some days now and the weekly Chikou Span is close to price crossing down if she does eur/usd will be bearish for quite sometime as I understand it. I was told the Chikou Span is the most important indicator of all of them.

However, I usually trade the 4hr t/f and wait,wait,wait, for a pattern that does not always arrive i.e., the recent 4hr big bearish move on this pair to the downside, had I at that time been a user of Ichi, I would not have missed this great move from the beginning, it was this move that brought me to the attention of Ichi and reallly opened my eyes to it.

I took at look at Elliot Wave but was concerned with many things, ie., if this wave is broken then one changes the count bla bla and if S holds then the count will be etc., I really do think Ichi to be quite a robust method and really look forward to developing my use and knowledge with you guys here.

With Ichi you do not need any other indicator, these words are bliss to me.(y)

Does anyone agree eur/usd long?

Attachments

• daily.gif
    daily.gif
    68.5 KB · Views: 306
  • MetaTrader 54hrfibs.png
    MetaTrader 54hrfibs.png
    143.4 KB · Views: 257
Does anyone agree eur/usd long?

well, if you are using ichimoku as the indicator and if you are a trend trader, there is almost nothing that indicates a strong buy :). TK doesn't cross KJ going up. Overall sentiment is bearish. CS is below price. All we can see if the price attracted towards KJ level. Unless your strategy includes crossing the KJ on the short term, i would stay neutral.