IB to offer CFDs trading in 2006

DallasSteve

We appreciate your comments but it is to early to comment what are commissions would be. We can say that when we do offer a product we strive to be the most cost effective solution with the best technology in the market.

Right now we are just taking a tally for all of our clients and prospects that are interested in us offering CFD's and their comments. Your comments are cited.

IB

Thank you for the reply. I am confident that you will be one of the most economical solutions available and I thank you for that. I was wondering more about how large you see the spreads being on CFDs. I haven't studied CFDs but I'm assuming they have a spread.

BTW, your new midpoint pricing system is a great idea. Love it!

Steve

You need to shop around, but spreads can vary from wide to tight. It really depends on the company offering them.

Good luck trading!

Hello IB, any update on this? Are you offering CFDs now, or do you have an expected date?

Can I short any UK stock from an IB universal account without using CFDs? And when I close the trade do I have to pay the stamp duty?

Learn about Option trading in this one day event in London.

The CBOE www.cboe.com Options Institute in Chicago and Interactive Brokers UK Limited www.interactivebrokers.co.uk are proud to announce a one day event in London on 3rd November from 10:00 to 17:00.

This Workshop will be for Option traders. The topics covered include

Option Price Behavior and Planning Trades:

An in-depth explanation of option price behavior and the option trading decision process. Comparing at-the-money and out-of-the-money options and spread strategies

Neutral Market Strategies:

Strategies appropriate for range-bound markets such As covered calls, selling puts, time spreads, iron condors, and iron butterflies. Also, an explanation of the estimates of stock price ranges contained in option prices. These ranges help option traders choose “optimal” strategies.

Managing Positions:

What to do when the forecast changes (or was wrong!). The stock repair strategy, rolling covered calls and using the butterfly to roll vertical spreads.

Instructor:

Jim Bittman. Mr. Bittman is the author of two books, Options for the Stock Investor, (McGraw-Hill, 1996), and Trading Index Options (McGraw-Hill, 1998). He teaches courses for public and institutional investors, and he has presented several custom courses throughout the U.S., Europe, South America and Southeast Asia. In 1980 Mr. Bittman began his trading career as an equity options market maker at the Chicago Board Options Exchange. From 1983 to 1993, he was a Commodity Options Member of the Chicago Board of Trade where he traded options on financial futures and agricultural futures. Mr. Bittman received a BA, magna cum laude, from Amherst College in 1972 and an MBA from Harvard University in 1974. In addition to his responsibilities at The Options Institute, Mr. Bittman is also a member of the faculty of The Illinois Institute of Technology, where he teaches in the master’s level Financial Markets and Trading Program.

For more information refer to the events page in Trade2Win for a complete listing http://www.trade2win.com/events/event.php?id=47 or send an email to [email protected]

Missed Opportunity

We are still considering offering CFD's but no definite date as to when.
For all of our clients we suggest you submit your request and interest in our clients features poll as this allows to gauge and rank your request for CFD's as a priority.
http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/general/poll/poll.php?ib_entity=uk

I currently don't have an account with you (primarily because you don't offer CFDs) but would be very interested in opening one if you did offer CFDs.
Your API functionality looks very good and its been a shame to not take advantage of it.

Craig