Ian Dickinson FX Trading

Hmmmm.... there are four Ian Dickinson's on the FSA register. None seem to have a profile that fits with Forex dealer based in FonSea either currently or in the past.
So was he operating without FSA authorisation ??
Of course FSA approval is no way a guarantee of financial success but why would people give their money over to someone without even that basic legal requirement. ?

When people are told they can make 10% a month they are blinded by greed and rarely do any background checks. Just look at how many people fall for boiler room scams even when they are already on the FSA warning list. I met quite a few people who had been defrauded by boiler rooms and most of them would argue that they hadn't been ripped off and that everything would be OK in the end despite warnings by the FSA and the press etc. The promise of quick money with zero effort really distorts people's thinking, even normally sensible and reasonable people fall for these things quite easily.

Oh Arabianights - :) Only just seen your comment and reference to Hyacinth Bucket! YES! How right you are! Ho ho ho!

Your humble servant

The Whistleblower ;)

The people who lost money are not smug bigotted people but ordinary and modest. All gave money that they had saved very hard for.

How do you know this to be a fact for all of them? Do you know all of them? Any of them?

Someone tried to take his own life, he has ruined his own life and those of his close family. Who knows what the future holds for him
Who cares?

but he won't be smug or bigotted
How do you know this?

You know what I'm thinking, don't you....LOL.

Frinton-on-Sea looks like a nice enough place; look what pops up if you image search it;

frinton-09.jpg

She's got a great ar$e, hasn't she!

When people are told they can make 10% a month they are blinded by greed and rarely do any background checks. Just look at how many people fall for boiler room scams even when they are already on the FSA warning list. I met quite a few people who had been defrauded by boiler rooms and most of them would argue that they hadn't been ripped off and that everything would be OK in the end despite warnings by the FSA and the press etc. The promise of quick money with zero effort really distorts people's thinking, even normally sensible and reasonable people fall for these things quite easily.

You are so very right pboyles. Gulibility and greed a dangerous combination.

I have to say I feel sorry for those who have lost they may not have been able to afford it at all and I'm sure it is crushing for many of them. I don't wish to be seen as taking pleasure in any of ths misery.
However, on my one visit to FonSea, about 5 years ago, for a late Sunday morning stroll with some friends, the place left a very bad impression on me. We were met with such repeated rudeness and smugness and 'you are not one of us [''insidegaters'']' attitude by shopkeepers cafe owners and the general public . I can imagine how the birds of a feather flocking together were being so smug about their secret route to easy money before it all came crumbling down.

there are more characters to appear in this pantomime... I'm waiting for localjourno to chime in.

Frinton-on-Sea looks like a nice enough place; look what pops up if you image search it;

She's got a great ar$e, hasn't she!
Never mind her ar$e Mr.G, look at the state of that paving work. It's a bloody trip hazard.

edit: Just noticed the young lady. Why is she hiding Ian Dickinson under her skirt?

Last edited:
Glyder - Ah ha! I see with great delight that you have some insight into Frinton on Sea and the 'Inside or outside the Gates' saga, and I am with you on that! To give yourself such a name as 'Insidergates' you sincerely have to be one of those who gives a Castlemaine XXXX (Remember those ads?) about your geographical location in this manor. :) This, to the likes of me, says a great deal more than one might expect. I fear for Insider as he is certainly showing his colours!

For interest, I point out that the greedy 'victims' locations were not restricted to Inside The Gates. They are scattered far and wide.

Insider - Please have the courtesy to note that I do not pull in other posters to get them onside, I merely agree with them. To an outsider, (not of the Gates, you understand!), a reader, this will be abundantly evident.

As for 'hard earned money' again, I would suggest that most have seemed to have genuinely made a packet of money over the last few years, indicating 'new' money. Now, anything new is terribly exciting; a new bicycle, car, golf club, cricket bat, and one is inclined to 'use' something new with great gusto. Thus, new money arrives on the block, and needs to be played with. How did they do this....? Whack it into Dicko of course! As for old money, and there was a quid or two in Dicko's little hands too, may well have gone with the flow, got bored with their noses pressed against their bedroom ceilings or just fancied a flutter....

I wonder...I wonder....mmmmm

Let me go and see what other little gems are kicking around today...

Your humble servant

The WHistleblower ;)

I suspect much of this "earned" wealth actually came from house price increases, one way or the other, and is now owed... this type tends to be very highly leveraged, as it was terribly important that they had a new RR Sport to rival the neighbour's X5...

As they reap what they sow 'tis delightful :)

Never mind her ar$e Mr.G, look at the state of that paving work. It's a bloody trip hazard.

You're right there me 'ole China... I imagine this is the kind of thing that the Frinton-on-Sea residents association would start a petition about (only to complain about immigration levels when Polish workmen turned up to sort it).

On the topic of Frinton Genitalia

And nothing whatsoever to do with this thread, can anyone help me find this chap?

Looks a bit 'Julian Clary'.

Attachments

• ID.jpg
    ID.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 264
Just watched that documentary all the way through...

...frankly, **** em. ~Nasty people. The transfer of their money to others more deserving via the market is a wonderful thing.

Felt especially sorry for that poor old fruit, bet he was socially ostracised for that. Somewhere like that is going to be full of homophobes.

And who the **** cares about level crossing gates controlled by "some madman in Clacton" :LOL:

***in'ell what a miserable place! Looks like a few people there have alot of sadness in their lives :-(

Gecko ..well found,
I didn't realise that FonSea's weirdness had found such a large audience.
However this harmless OAP concern about gates is not the type of clubby arrogant attitudes I encountered to make me wanna call in the napalm bombers.
If Elderly people are concerned about change to their gates that is fair enough I
suppose.