I feel like im guessing.....

Is there anyway i can better perdict the moves of the market instead of just watchin indicator etc. I feel like im guessing ha

You certainly came to the right place. You will get all the pretty coloured line nonsense you can stomach. (y)

i very much appreciate the comment from all members.

i trade a retail forex account, EUR/GBP mainly as i understand it the most.

i noticed a comment from a member where he likened trading to guessing; he may be right, im not sure but what i want to know is how to firms like Goldman and JPMorgan make such successful traders. Like i understand that they train the employee very well but what do they actually teach? Also how do quants claim to be market neutral and having the ability to predict market moves??

Just a thought. . . . . .

Let me ask you some questions. Do you think they are being taught the rubbish that people are trying to 'teach' you in this thread? Moving averages and what not? Find a pretty pattern and trade the phuck out of it?:LOL:

Let me ask you some questions. Do you think they are being taught the rubbish that people are trying to 'teach' you in this thread? Moving averages and what not? Find a pretty pattern and trade the phuck out of it?:LOL:

But your results in your journal are not great in fairness, so maybe your not the best person to be giving out adivce either?
You seem to call a market target about 8 points away. The market generally seems to hit your target, but the actual trades that you place seem to always get stopped out for -1.75 or so, with the occasional +2. No good having the market hit your target if you didn't trade it properly.
Seems like you are not successful yet yourself.

But your results in your journal are not great in fairness, so maybe your not the best person to be giving out adivce either?
You seem to call a market target about 8 points away. The market generally seems to hit your target, but the actual trades that you place seem to always get stopped out for -1.75 or so, with the occasional +2. No good having the market hit your target if you didn't trade it properly.

Even a fairly knowledgeable but unprofitable or only slightly profitable trader can be of help and give advice to a new trader. But NT doesn't give advice, he gives his opinions and portrays them as solid indisputable facts. This is not helpful to anyone wishing to learn how to trade.

The best post on this thread was from Charlton, the advice was broad but structured and allowed for the individual to make up their own mind regarding trading techniques and ideas.

I am not so successful myself? What is that supposed to mean? You are not looking at it on a relative basis. I was making losses of 10+ points on almost every trade when I first started trading. I blew an account or two in my time so I know and understand the problems people are having with their trading because I have been there and I know what they ought to be doing to overcome them. I am not trying to convince the majority, or the pretty coloured line, or the system traders. I post for the absolute minority who are sick to the back teeth of the same old stale trade2win rhetoric ie/ Not profitable? Try a bigger time frame! Still not profitable? Use this indicator! Still Not profitable? You need to find a pretty pattern that 'works'! Still not profitable? Use a bigger STOP! Still not profitable? It's your emotions, read Mark Douglas' book, rinse and repeat.:sleep::rolleyes: