How will you trade the Brexit referendum results?

Just another day.

Reduce size maybe.

But if see opportunity take it.

Should be plenty of opportunity in Asia and the switch from Asia close to Europe open.

So much talk about it, might be a non event when it happens.

@highbury fx

I think the move's have been great for the retail trader in the last 2 weeks in Asia and Europe.
Maybe the media have scared the investor and trader off.

I will,play the day by ear......just a British NFP event on steroids guys ......just watch the rules your broker is telling you already re margins restrictions etc etc.......

And trade what you see....

N

I don't know whether it will be just another day. If the result is to leave we could see another crash like with the CHF some time ago.

Well, if I can think of trading it without stops (they're going to hit stops left, right and centre...)

Anyway my idea is to buy gbpeur, gbpusd, eurusd. FTSE, DAX etc. Somehow I thing UK is staying in, although I may be wrong. After all, that's why it could be exciting to trade this event (and maybe expensive if one didn't guess correctly)

Just another day.

Reduce size maybe.

But if see opportunity take it.

Should be plenty of opportunity in Asia and the switch from Asia close to Europe open.

So much talk about it, might be a non event when it happens.

@highbury fx

I think the move's have been great for the retail trader in the last 2 weeks in Asia and Europe.
Maybe the media have scared the investor and trader off.

Just another day, thats how i see it.

Prolly putting the same kinda size (or maybe a bit more) out there but spreeeead them limits out further.
Up down dont matter, more volatile the better :), although, getting the feeling its gona be a damp squib after all the BS hype.

Either way, almost feel sorry for the stop users, prolly go from slip slip bang bang to SLIIIIIIP SLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP BANG BOOOOIIING BAAAAANG!!!:cheesy:

6099-darktone-albums-general-3-picture4114-monkeys.jpg

Trading without stops is much worse . High volatility doesnt effect trading with stops , i just adjust my size and stop distance accordingly not rocket science but i am going to take rest for a few days anyway .

Trading without stops is much worse . High volatility doesnt effect trading with stops , i just adjust my size and stop distance accordingly not rocket science but i am going to take rest for a few days anyway .

Agreed, its much worse for those who struggle with the psychological side of trading, like almost everyone, and use stops instead. Blanky or no, at least youll feel like you did the right thing. If you do get slipped to rasclart and back you can always open an 'I was robbed by my broker' thread. This is the professional way! (y)

After those psychological wounds heal you can enter into a new fresh round of 'wheres the best place to put my stop'. Nothing better than a good old game of endless circles to keep you entertained :smart::p

I'm going to be in the market with my momentum algo for the whole week. Whichever way the vote goes, one can reasonably expect a strong momentum to follow. It's not like the market is going to react slightly even to the "Remain" vote, given how close the polls run now.

Agreed, its much worse for those who struggle with the psychological side of trading, like almost everyone, and use stops instead. Blanky or no, at least youll feel like you did the right thing. If you do get slipped to rasclart and back you can always open an 'I was robbed by my broker' thread. This is the professional way! (y)

After those psychological wounds heal you can enter into a new fresh round of 'wheres the best place to put my stop'. Nothing better than a good old game of endless circles to keep you entertained :smart::p

Infact traders trading without stops are full of psychological issues thats why they dont use stops . They take trading personally to the point that they get married to their positions waiting for them to come back much like beta males who are attached to a certain girl for ever waiting for her to come back !

Last edited:
Speaking of stops, got this from ig the other day...

Quote:
"From 4 July you’ll be able to add guaranteed stops to your positions without any upfront premium, and potentially completely free of charge.

You’ll only pay a fee when your guaranteed stop is triggered – if the stop isn’t activated, we won’t charge you for adding it.

You’ll soon be able to add a guaranteed stop to an open position, plus edit or remove existing guaranteed stops "

Infact some traders trading without stops are full off psychological issues thats why they dont use stops . They take trading personally to the point that they get married to there positions but not darkie tho cos he did show me like 942 times that he can manage his shiz, but them other wonkers, they just be waiting for them to come back much like beta males who are attached to a certain girl for ever waiting for her to come back !

Totally agree mate. Some tarders really think they know something, could almost say they think they are enlightened!

6099-darktone-albums-general-3-picture4122-joeeeee.jpg

PS: about that pm you sent me last night, dont worry bro, plenty fish in the sea :love::love:

Speaking of stops, got this from ig the other day...

Quote:
"From 4 July you’ll be able to add guaranteed stops to your positions without any upfront premium, and potentially completely free of charge.

You’ll only pay a fee when your guaranteed stop is triggered – if the stop isn’t activated, we won’t charge you for adding it.

You’ll soon be able to add a guaranteed stop to an open position, plus edit or remove existing guaranteed stops "

I hear ya mike, no doubt theyll make good on that whilst they are solvent. It doesnt stop a stop from being a loss seeking order tho do it.:confused:

I hear ya mike, no doubt theyll make good on that whilst they are solvent. It doesnt stop a stop from being a loss seeking order tho do it.:confused:

No, you're right, but it's nice to see some form of discounts while they gently remove the shirt from your back :LOL:

They really crushed the volatility in the markets today. They got the world short sterling and let them have it today. Gotta love the fear index

No Stops, divide the voting regions into percentages. Each time ten percent is hit in any direction open a trade in that direction of an equal amount. By the end of the night you should be net long in the correct direction. Trail this.

No Stops, divide the voting regions into percentages. Each time ten percent is hit in any direction open a trade in that direction of an equal amount. By the end of the night you should be net long in the correct direction. Trail this.

Interesting idea. Not enough info. For the benefit of the members, they may need to know when and how results will be announced. If you have info on how this will play out, please share.

Found this, 382 counting areas whose results will be collated by 12 regions. It will be the regions that declare and the approximate times of declaration are listed.

When will I find out how my area voted?

4am, Wales (22 counting areas)

4am, Northern Ireland (18 counting areas)

5am, North East (12 counting areas)

5am, Scotland (17 counting areas)

5am, London (33 counting areas)

5am, Yorkshire & Humber (21 counting areas)

6am, West Midlands (30 counting areas

6.30am, East Midlands (40 counting areas)

6.30am, South West (38 counting areas)

7am, Eastern (46 counting areas)

7am, North West (39 counting areas)

7am, South Eastern (68 counting areas)

Looks as though remain could take an early lead, if we believe the pundits predictions according to regions most likely to declare first. But the real bulk of the say probably comes after 5am and that should be when the markets really start to motor.

Last edited:
Interesting idea. Not enough info. For the benefit of the members, they may need to know when and how results will be announced. If you have info on how this will play out, please share.

Found this, 382 counting areas whose results will be collated by 12 regions. It will be the regions that declare and the approximate times of declaration are listed.

When will I find out how my area voted?

4am, Wales (22 counting areas)

4am, Northern Ireland (18 counting areas)

5am, North East (12 counting areas)

5am, Scotland (17 counting areas)

5am, London (33 counting areas)

5am, Yorkshire & Humber (21 counting areas)

6am, West Midlands (30 counting areas

6.30am, East Midlands (40 counting areas)

6.30am, South West (38 counting areas)

7am, Eastern (46 counting areas)

7am, North West (39 counting areas)

7am, South Eastern (68 counting areas)

Looks as though remain could take an early lead, if we believe the pundits predictions according to regions most likely to declare first. But the real bulk of the say probably comes after 5am and that should be when the markets really start to motor.

Hope Strictly Come Dancing is not on the same day.

Other wise the turn out could be less than 10%:LOL: