How To Trade: Full Stop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure it wasn't an iron condor TE? :LOL:

Which one is the Butterfly and which one is the Condor?

butterfly.gif

Still thinking of the way of analizing your pdf's. We have daily range, and we know behaviour of the price in the past, then we can expect price to move the next day similar range (more often than not), so we can trade it, we know that it have some movements during a day, and use it in our favour. What's your thought process about it?

And also what can you say about stocks that have no significant range - for example in flat base - that's not the best candidate to daytrade (but i always watch such stocks, even a few weeks for breakout, just waiting), but when this base is broken - we have nice movement, for example DRV.
View attachment 78002

That's not the range we want to daytrade, so based on your PDF charts we won't consider this to be our candidate for the next day.Whats your opinion on that?
Thank you
Alex

The KEY word is ADEQUATE.

DRV's range has been decreasing steadily and this if for a particular reason.

Once the range is over the 50 cent line then it is worth a shot, but, why waste your time when you can pick a much better candidate from The Matrix!

TE

Did the baby wiggle out ?

I can now see why this riddle is a bit tricky, so let me change it slightly to make it a bit less tricky.

The baby is down under!

HE has been mentioned in a previous post, and HE is not Hurst!

Instead of a Marx brother HE decided to team up with a Stooge, being 1 of 3!

I might as well have handed it to you on a plate:cheesy:

I can now see why this riddle is a bit tricky, so let me change it slightly to make it a bit less tricky.

The baby is down under!

HE has been mentioned in a previous post, and HE is not Hurst!

Instead of a Marx brother HE decided to team up with a Stooge, being 1 of 3!

I might as well have handed it to you on a plate:cheesy:

Muchos Gracias - so once again, I'll see if I can lead us off on a merry path...

Baby is down under - Australia, Kangaroos, pouches.... heaven's to betsy I hope it's not Daryl Guppy

Who teamed up with a stooge and has been mentioned here ? Grey1 perhaps.
John Boyd has been mentioned - who didn't quite team up with a stooge but did well in a lesser aircraft.
W.D. Gann fits A.N.Other - perhaps I need to think about the Gann/Stooge angle.

HE may not be a person at all. HE may be an anagram...but I doubt it's Lean Hogs of Hawaiian Electric or even Hanwei Enerygy

More coffee reqd - it's only 8am and there are contracts to write - worse still - contracts for a Japanese associate....

Is there anyone left that I haven't confused ?

Last edited:
Clues so far:
1. The baby is carried around in a nice warm place and can jump out at anytime

2. Ganndolf is a tall story!

3. When they were finished they had a Butterfly!

4. Barry & A.N.Other were of immense help in limited scope.

5. The baby is located in a region where HE lives, and HE, being fond of Ganndolf, went and made a Butterfly with one of the Marx brothers!

6. When I first read this one, I said here is another load of crap, but alas, and as I keep mentioning, it did add another mental image that was burned on my left lobe, after that, the rubbish bin was used again.

7. The baby is down under!

8. HE has been mentioned in a previous post, and HE is not Hurst!

9. Instead of a Marx brother HE decided to team up with a Stooge, being 1 of 3!

Some analysis:
Let's say HE is Bryce, who was mentioned before (clue 8), who lives down under (in the same region where the baby lives, and the baby is down under, clues 5 and 7), and HE is fond of Ganndolf (clue 5), i.e. Bryce is fond of Gann.

A.N.Other is also HE, i.e. Bryce. HE is not an acronym. Bryce and Rudd's work were of immense help to TE in limied scope (clue 4).

One of the Three Stooges is Larry, and Bryce teamed up with Larry Pesavento (clue 9).

Clues so far:

5. The baby is located in a region where HE lives, and HE, being fond of Ganndolf, went and made a Butterfly with one of the Marx brothers!

6. When I first read this one, I said here is another load of crap, but alas, and as I keep mentioning, it did add another mental image that was burned on my left lobe, after that, the rubbish bin was used again.

Some analysis:
Let's say HE is Bryce, who was mentioned before (clue 8), who lives down under (in the same region where the baby lives, and the baby is down under, clues 5 and 7), and HE is fond of Ganndolf (clue 5), i.e. Bryce is fond of Gann.

A.N.Other is also HE, i.e. Bryce. HE is not an acronym. Bryce and Rudd's work were of immense help to TE in limied scope (clue 4).

One of the Three Stooges is Larry, and Bryce teamed up with Larry Pesavento (clue 9).

1 of 3 could be 321 and bin might point to Dusty Bin :whistling

Charlton

"As I have said before the OEX exerts 60% of the influence on the SPX as far as capitalization is concerned. If the OEX movement is generating more influence than this, which could be as high as 85% or more then you only need watch the OEX as a guide to where the ES will go.

As I have said before the OEX exerts 60% of the influence on the SPX as far as capitalization is concerned. If the OEX movement is generating more influence than this, which could be as high as 85% or more then you only need watch the OEX as a guide to where the ES will go."

From Bryce Gilmores "The Price Action Manual" - available from a dodgy web site near you.

Clues so far:

Some analysis:

tss42 is :smart: :clap::clap::clap:

Well done TS, very good deduction skills.

Now, remember that the bin must be used and the important bit, in the RIGHT book, burnt into the left lobe.

Do not forget the initial question when solving the riddle.

TE

"As I have said before the OEX exerts 60% of the influence on the SPX as far as capitalization is concerned. If the OEX movement is generating more influence than this, which could be as high as 85% or more then you only need watch the OEX as a guide to where the ES will go.

As I have said before the OEX exerts 60% of the influence on the SPX as far as capitalization is concerned. If the OEX movement is generating more influence than this, which could be as high as 85% or more then you only need watch the OEX as a guide to where the ES will go."

From Bryce Gilmores "The Price Action Manual" - available from a dodgy web site near you.

Not the KEY for the daytrading tip I had in mind, but good info never the less.

TE

tss42 is :smart: :clap::clap::clap:

Well done TS, very good deduction skills.

Now, remember that the bin must be used and the important bit, in the RIGHT book, burnt into the left lobe.

Do not forget the initial question when solving the riddle.

TE

TE, as someone totally unfamiliar with the works of either Rudd or Gilmore, do I need to read up their stuff to solve the rest of the puzzle?

Thanks.

TE, as someone totally unfamiliar with the works of either Rudd or Gilmore, do I need to read up their stuff to solve the rest of the puzzle?

Thanks.

You need to find the RIGHT book by Gilmore. I will post another hint later on.

When you get it, please do not post it, as we do not want The Generals to know that we are able to see what they can not:cheesy:

BTW, this particular section is all you need, so do not get fooled and think that the rest of the stuff he wrote is of any value, for it is all rubbish, same as Hurst's rubbish about "transaction timings":rolleyes:

TE

I just want to make sure that I have all the (potentially) relevant books.

By Gilmore:
Market Geometry
Market Geometry II
Dynamic Time & Price Analysis of Market Trends

By Rudd:
Stock Patterns for Day Trading

Missing anything?

I just want to make sure that I have all the (potentially) relevant books.

By Gilmore:
Market Geometry
Market Geometry II
Dynamic Time & Price Analysis of Market Trends

By Rudd:
Stock Patterns for Day Trading

Missing anything?

To be very honest, I will have to dig it out of the pdf rubbish heap, as right now I am unable to recall the name of the book, remember, I just memorize the important words and then bin the rest:smart:

Rudd's book is by far 10 times better than any of Gilmore's work, for Gilmore's work can be compared with the DaVinci rubbish:rolleyes:

There is one other little book that I am keeping a big secret for now, for if you get that you will have 95% of what it takes to make money daytrading, and, it is not written by The Expert, just in case we get the usual comments:whistling

TE

Actually - now I'm unsure as to which puzzle we are resolving. There are 2.

1 - The cash vs futures analysis - I don't see this in Rudds work
2 - How to know which stocks to start the day with - certainly some overlap between Bryce and Rudd there.

Or is there a third and I missed ze point completely ?

DT

Actually - now I'm unsure as to which puzzle we are resolving. There are 2.

1 - The cash vs futures analysis - I don't see this in Rudds work
2 - How to know which stocks to start the day with - certainly some overlap between Bryce and Rudd there.

Or is there a third and I missed ze point completely ?

DT

For reference section 6.1 of Dynamic Time and Price Analysis of Market Trends by Gillmore deals with divergence between the cash and futures market as being the best confirmations of strength of trend of a market.

Charlton

BTW - thanks to a PM, we also have the butterfly part resolved.

The baby is located in a region where HE lives, and HE, being fond of Ganndolf, went and made a Butterfly with one of the Marx brothers.

http://harmonicedge.com/butterfly.html

The KEY, and I will make this one an easy clue, is in the reading of the written words.

What then, is the 'KEY' ?

"The baby is carried around in a nice warm place and can jump out at anytime.."

Baby = price, nice warm place = range ? jump out = break out ???

hmmmm...

Sounds like we're just talking about classic TA to me. Kind of confused, lol.
Especially looking at the charts in his US stocks thread?
What was with all of the 'TA is rubbish' stuff??
cheers T_E et al.

Sounds like we're just talking about classic TA to me. Kind of confused, lol.
Especially looking at the charts in his US stocks thread?
What was with all of the 'TA is rubbish' stuff??
cheers T_E et al.

LOOK again:eek:

Did I not say to "grab" the important bits:smart:

Charlton, please edit your post before The Generals see it and start adjusting their bad habits:clap:

It will be interesting to see if the butterfly takes flight, for, we will never know for sure, but when the odds get stacked then the likelihood increases greatly, which is what we look for as daytraders.

Status
Not open for further replies.