How people trade.

Iotrez

Hi all.

I'm currently trading with the Investopedia simulator for practice before I try the real thing.

Every day that I trade I'm basically going down the list of Nasdaq companies and looking at the charts of each one in before deciding to buy the stocks of a company whose chart I feel is indicating that the value is set to go up.

Is this what most traders do? ie randomly selecting companies and looking at their chart? Or do people have reasons why they look at the chart of a particular company in the first place?

Thanks.

Hi Lotrez i'm new to this site ,but i wait for a good chart before entering a trade with a stop loss chevy-bobo

Iotrez said:
Hi all.

I'm currently trading with the Investopedia simulator for practice before I try the real thing.

Every day that I trade I'm basically going down the list of Nasdaq companies and looking at the charts of each one in before deciding to buy the stocks of a company whose chart I feel is indicating that the value is set to go up.

Is this what most traders do? ie randomly selecting companies and looking at their chart? Or do people have reasons why they look at the chart of a particular company in the first place?

Thanks.

Hi
You might want to try and learn about candlestick formations as patterns tend to sometimes be repetitive, and this can help you to make informed decisions about price movement. There is an excellent freebie to be had from renegade trading. Try googling for them.

Regards

Iotrez said:
Hi all.

Thanks.

Hi Lotrez,

I would say that nearly all successful traders trade with a definite plan, as opposed to "randomly selecting companies and looking at their chart."

Traders who are consistently profitable usually trade with a strict plan and have a definite reason for every action they take.

Thanks

Damian