how low will the prop industry go?

yup its intellectual property, ive seen several of these contracts and they signed the IP to the company... this is just my experience of course

I'd take a sh*t salary at a prop firm for the expoure and experience tbh. If I do get any interviews I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo going to undercut everyone else.

I'd take a sh*t salary at a prop firm for the expoure and experience tbh. If I do get any interviews I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo going to undercut everyone else.

What if you are prevented from trading ? is it still a good offer? :rolleyes:

P*ss off you. I've been making some v good calls. Still too scared to trade them atm like but you watch after my holiday. I'll be bubbling mate. Well as much as you can bubble with a few hundred quid in ur acc lol.

yup its intellectual property, ive seen several of these contracts and they signed the IP to the company... this is just my experience of course

More and more interesting. So these intellectually qualified people working for no pay at this "reputable" prop are actually more idiots than one would have first assumed. :eek:
Or may be not, if they know they are indeed real idiots. :LOL:

Its standard in any innovative position as far as I'm aware mate. Actually, my friend just signed one in an engineering company. If anything these funds are way behind the times.

No. But in times like this I think a lot of people who can afford it will be working for free to get experience.

Last edited:
No. But in times like this I think a lot of people who can afford it will be working for free to get a experience.

Unlikely. Intellectual capital is extremely valuable and these people can move anywhere in the world : they never have a visa problem. Even today, when Engineering companies are firing left, right and center, they are still trying to poach the "brains" and getting staff from overseas on very good pay. Not advertised on tv of course.

However, you will have no difficulties getting the idiots to work for free to gain experience - they know the truth of their intellectual capacity - i.e. they are idiots.

Unlikely. Intellectual capital is extremely valuable and these people can move anywhere in the world : they never have a visa problem. Even today, when Engineering companies are firing left, right and center, they are still trying to poach the "brains" and getting staff from overseas on very good pay. Not advertised on tv of course.

However, you will have no difficulties getting the idiots to work for free to gain experience - they know the truth of their intellectual capacity - i.e. they are idiots.

Im talking graduate types with zero work experience and no not top tier.

So what are they good at now ?

Basically, I`m looking for a prop firm where I can share an office with other traders. At futex they want 20k mimimum, and desk charges approx 2k on top per month. The promise also is to provide leverage if I am making money. If not then presumably I leave.
I dont mind joining - if i can have others to chat to - who are not spreadbetters. They clear thru Fortis - which is ok but not great.

Anyway, I realise that this is off thread topic - but really - if they are in it purely for my desk fees then I can ask the same question as well - how lo can they go ? :eek:

So what are they good at now ?

Basically, I`m looking for a prop firm where I can share an office with other traders. At futex they want 20k mimimum, and desk charges approx 2k on top per month. The promise also is to provide leverage if I am making money. If not then presumably I leave.
I dont mind joining - if i can have others to chat to - who are not spreadbetters. They clear thru Fortis - which is ok but not great.

Anyway, I realise that this is off thread topic - but really - if they are in it purely for my desk fees then I can ask the same question as well - how lo can they go ? :eek:

Futex is free to ask whatever they want. Even 1million pounds to become their customer. If you feel the price is right, it's your choice. They have very good PR, so it is up to you to believe the hype.
Have you ever traded in a prop firm before?
If not, it means you have no references to make comparisons and my advice
would be to go and visit as many prop as you can.
Just say "I have £20k to burn and can pay you £2k/month. What can you do for me?"
By the way, if you seriously have £20k to burn, let me know as I am a bit short of cash :cheesy:

If you have 20K and are in London why on earth would you go to some hole like Woking everyday to trade?

If you fit the description and take a position in which you work for free, you have castrated yourself and should be ashamed.

I can't work for free.

Someone will have to explain this to the idiot at this "reputable" company.
Some people need a good kick in the @$$ to wake up.