• New to T2W? Welcome! This forum contains a list of the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) that new members want answers to. We don't allow new threads to be created so if you have an idea for a new FAQ please post it in the How the FAQs work thread.

FAQ How Long Does it Take to Make a Stable Income from Trading?

Forex trading does not make any trader millionaire over the night however it can help us earning profits on consistent basis. But earning money through forex trading requires a lot of skills, patience and practice too.

It seems to me that all succeed in different times. Hard to say exactly how much time you will spend searching for a profitable trading strategy. :idea:

Well that is true, but Warren did not and look at him now. I think if you spend lots of time reading about the company then you can have a good future in investments.

Someone who wins the lottery every day as well. It doesn't mean everyone will however.

difficult to answer, depended on people and does not depend on how smart they are but more on how tenacious they will be in facing themselves.

No, stable income is not possible in trading for an individual, it's disturbing how few profited even before the first HFT paradigm shift in the 2000s. Global corporations would not be investing TRILLIONS in R&D for technologies which will lead to another paradigm shift in trading algorithms if they thought Joe Day or swing trader at his computer had any chance of stable returns projected into the future.

No, stable income is not possible in trading for an individual, it's disturbing how few profited even before the first HFT paradigm shift in the 2000s. Global corporations would not be investing TRILLIONS in R&D for technologies which will lead to another paradigm shift in trading algorithms if they thought Joe Day or swing trader at his computer had any chance of stable returns projected into the future.
You telling us that a successful trader can't make a living off a 100k account?

You telling us that a successful trader can't make a living off a 100k account?

Correct, they can never plan to earn a living from trading, i.e. make a stable income with a positive expectancy projected into the future, due to the nature of the markets and technological advancements.

Correct, they can never plan to earn a living from trading, i.e. make a stable income with a positive expectancy projected into the future, due to the nature of the markets and technological advancements.
Sorry to break it to you but you are speaking baloney.

Sorry to break it to you but you are speaking baloney.

Can you share any examples of successful traders who have consistently increasing equity curves year over year? You seemed to miss my point that past performance is not indicative of future results due to technological changes affecting price action.

Paul Tudor Jones and Warren Buffett are primarily investors not traders, and I know Jones recently had a negative year. I was going to use Dan Zanger as an example of a successful trader who now educates for profit, but his wikipedia article now casts doubt on his original claims of success. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Zanger

Can you share any examples of successful traders who have consistently increasing equity curves year over year? You seemed to miss my point that past performance is not indicative of future results due to technological changes affecting price action.

Paul Tudor Jones and Warren Buffett are primarily investors not traders, and I know Jones recently had a negative year. I was going to use Dan Zanger as an example of a successful trader who now educates for profit, but his wikipedia article now casts doubt on his original claims of success. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Zanger
You're assuming all traders trade the same. You mention price action changes. Markets have close correlation with economies and the cycles in economies are directly responsible for changes in market conditions alongside event news. If you want examples of successful traders you could ask here, if any are willing to share, or do a little research and you will find them. Sounds to me like you can't believe it to be true and perhaps this is based on your experience. Whatever it is I assure you there are many that do it year in, year out.

Last edited: