how long did it take?

hmm you can be consistently profitable. And it starts as soon as you have enough knowledge. I started in July, down about a grand in august, broke even end of september, havent had a negative trading day since mid october. I make anywhere from 100 to 332 pips a day.

The impression i get from the forums is that it takes most people longer. But i put that down to me being a student and having the whole day every day to study trading. I have attended one free seminar and it was not at all helpful, wikipedia would be more informative (though perhaps not entirely accurate). Some youtube forex trading videos are gold.

first profitable month after about 3 months. consistent string of profitable months started after about 6-7 months.

hmm you can be consistently profitable. And it starts as soon as you have enough knowledge. I started in July, down about a grand in august, broke even end of september, havent had a negative trading day since mid october. I make anywhere from 100 to 332 pips a day.

The impression i get from the forums is that it takes most people longer. But i put that down to me being a student and having the whole day every day to study trading. I have attended one free seminar and it was not at all helpful, wikipedia would be more informative (though perhaps not entirely accurate). Some youtube forex trading videos are gold.

Not wishing to doubt you, but weren't you just starting out at the end of October ?

Here

Just curious how you haven't had a down day since mid-October ? That really is a very very impressive start if that's the case ....

I just want to point out to anyone starting out that, to not have a negative day in 2 months , having only been trading for 4 is very very rare ....

Not wishing to doubt you, but weren't you just starting out at the end of October ?

Here

Just curious how you haven't had a down day since mid-October ? That really is a very very impressive start if that's the case ....

I just want to point out to anyone starting out that, to not have a negative day in 2 months , having only been trading for 4 is very very rare ....

I don't know anything about him, but from that post you cited, he said he was getting +50 pips a day with the odd negative day every fortnight or so. That was on Oct 24th, so maybe his last previous negative day was around Oct 5th or so.

So that posting is consistent with someone having been at it for a few months, and apparently getting to be consistently profitable. Whether it's actually true that he's not had a losing day now in two months, I don't know. I'd agree it's probably rare.

If so, then he's probably just been very lucky and shouldn't assume that it will continue.
Being lucky in the early days is probably a lot worse in the long run than being unlucky in the early days.

ahem...and before anyone asks, it's not me Guv...:D

So from now will everybody become trader immediately with the BLACK SWAN E A?Now it's 30 minutes , ain't it?.None of this B S on forums about how long did it take!

What is the discount for members and colleagues?

What a pompass way of announcing ones success! If you have to comment on how much and how easy the money is it is probably not so much of either.

What a pompass way of announcing ones success! If you have to comment on how much and how easy the money is it is probably not so much of either.

Pompous poster was boasting in all his posts about about how easy he was making hundreds of trades,and making countless pips,jus like tha ad..You missed how he was hinting at expert advisor in many of his posts.

Soon another bust!

Pompous poster was boasting in all his posts about about how easy he was making hundreds of trades,and making countless pips,jus like tha ad..You missed how he was hinting at expert advisor in many of his posts.

Soon another bust!

The 'creator' of this EA posts on here? Weird...

Here

Like i implied before, i have no dellusions about being a smarter or better trader. I simply had more time to learn. I actually started out with IGindex spread betting stocks at the start of summer. Moved on to forex and stuck with it as i found it more predictable, however they raped me with a 6 point spread and at the time i was a scalper. Moved to shorts and longs towards end of summer.

The post you cited may have been posted end of october, but it was a question to determine if it was a viable career as i had been successful for a short period. I was spread betting stocks (not very well) in june/july and started forex in august i think? before october anyway.

Still not had a negative day, it is not my intention to boast. I think it is important that newcomers know you can be a successful trader and that it doesnt neccessarily have to take years (though it probably would if you work full time). When i started all i read on these forums was SB brokers closing consistently winning accounts, beginners luck etc. In my opinion these are losers looking for someone to blame because i havent had so much as a delay in a withdrawl this far. It can be done, ignore negative opinions on trading as a profession and good luck i say.

Dont think how long it takes .Just think if you are trading right . its takes 3 years to become a pilot and it takes 7 years in medicle school at the end you will get there . practice , practice and practise on getting your trading right ( cutting your losses to a minimum ) then you are there. 1to 3 year and a lot of time , you have to love this business otherwise dont bother trading its not a get get rich scheme .

That amount of capital will not cause proficiency....

You're missing the point. If you want to trade for a living you have to be fully capitalised. If you have a slim week/month with a 60k account you can still pay the bills, a 10k account is going to see you, your missus and the kids down at the local salvation army soup kitchen.

That amount of capital will not cause proficiency....

You're missing the point. If you want to trade for a living you have to be fully capitalised. If you have a slim week/month with a 60k account you can still pay the bills, a 10k account is going to see you, your missus and the kids down at the local salvation army soup kitchen.

Er..no I'm not, you did...:whistling.. The poster stated that if you havn't got $60,000 don't even think about starting to day trade. I replied thus;

"You do not need anywhere near that amount of capital as "starting capital", you should only obligate those kind of funds once you're proficient, not on the route to getting there. That amount of capital will not cause proficiency...."

Hope that helps...;)