How do you define a trend? And....

In my experience the market is not there to give me money.

Sure it is. But you were never there when it did. The key to success is realising the market is there to give you money. But you have to be there with a big bucket when the pips start to rain down.

Last edited:
Sure it is. But you were never there when it did. The key to success is realising the market is there to give you money. But you have to be there with a big bucket when the pips start to rain down.

Thanks for the advice, but it doesn't work for me - I'll stick to taking profit.

BTW Good to hear about the market being kind to you

Thanks for the advice, but it doesn't work for me - I'll stick to taking profit.

BTW Good to hear about the market being kind to you

It isn't just kind to me. It is kind to everyone who goes in with a bucket. You know I am right because like everyone else, you have seen the pips raining down, and quite frequently. Do you ever wonder why you missed them all ?

Well, there is a bit of truth in what Joe says IMO.

It is easy on the left side, because it already happened. "A Head and shoulder a confluence of Fibonacci plus an ABCD reversal pattern" yes all very nice description but isn't just pure speculation? Guessing? Gambling? or maybe just a way to find a justification to our decision to tame our anxiety made by that decision?

The trend exists until there is not one anymore.

It isn't just kind to me. It is kind to everyone who goes in with a bucket. You know I am right because like everyone else, you have seen the pips raining down, and quite frequently. Do you ever wonder why you missed them all ?
:LOL:
I'll believe you if you post the statement(y)

:LOL:
I'll believe you if you post the statement(y)

I will, one day. Now, I just play - you can't learn trading from youtube that fast you know ? Perhaps you should add a bit of Art of War to your Zen: know you have won before you start. In your specific case: know you have a bucket before you start.

Well, there is a bit of truth in what Joe says IMO.

It is easy on the left side, because it already happened. "A Head and shoulder a confluence of Fibonacci plus an ABCD reversal pattern" yes all very nice description but isn't just pure speculation? or maybe just a way to find a justification to our decision to tame our anxiety made by that decision?

The trend exists until there is not one anymore.

You are right, of course. There is no speculation about a H&S. The spec comes afterwards and that is all that it is, regardless of the number of books published on the subject.

This is the 1 minutes chart: Is the overall trend up? not for what I see.

If I do not look at the bigger TF to guide me to tell me that the overall trend is up, I could have made two winning trades going short (see arrows) because the trend really was down until otherwise, of course the timing for entry in smaller TF is crucial.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 210
This is the 1 minutes chart: Is the overall trend up? not for what I see.

If I do not look at the bigger TM to guide me to tell me that the overall trend is up, I could have made two winning trades going short (see arrows) because the trend really was down until otherwise, of course the timing for entry in smaller TF is crucial.

I am long. Bobbing at BE, though not enough to pull my stop to BE. Could be a looser, or could not be.

I am long. Bobbing at BE, though not enough to pull my stop to BE. Could be a looser, or could not be.

Target Profit as Zen mentioned are very valuable, specially in the very short time frame, the pic that I have shown previously would have not gained profit without TP set.

I suggest that instead of moving your SL to BE as soon as you gain some pips
you trail your SL just below the latest swing.

Yes, I see it. But you are blind to the glaring stronger trend immediately preceding it. The situation looks like a consolidation phase. There's nothing to play for.

Hi Joe,

Sorry for the late reply. Whether this post is considered in hindsight or not is irrelevant. The trend is playing out (on this occasion) and is still in play as I write.

As is always the same with markets and peoples perceptions, they will differ, this is what makes up the markets. Where one person can see it going up, another will see it going down, hence the buyers and sellers always match. This is purely speculation, however, one could focus on other things as well, like news breaks, smaller time frames only or both, they may also use other currency pairs to gauge an opinion and even indices.

Either way the ultimate trader will make his/her own decision and live or die by it. The best way is to take everyone's views and break them down in to making something that works for you and you only. At this point all reservations are kept to yourself, ie, you don't share so you don't care.

Although T2W wont like this as much as many others on here but one of the main problems can be when you place a trade and someone else trades the same instrument in the opposite direction, this alone can shake the best of traders if they are already having a bad day.

I always recommend that people stick together, they see the same thing, trade the same thing and collate their thoughts between each other, at this point should all in the group agree, the trade is placed and the party (as a whole) wins or losses. If you win, celebrate, if you lose, analyse together and find out what you could have done better. If its the case that the trade was spot on but just didn't pan out on this occasion then so be it,forget about it and move on to the next trade.

Anyway, Friday night is party night. Happy drinking.

Lee Shepherd

Valuable as peanuts. I need more than peanuts to appear on statement.

As for the BE strategy. I want to bait the market for weakness.

Here is your statement. (below)

For people that do not Joe very well, he is the reincarnation of St Thomas, the one checking, at the time Jesus did not have a statement to show.

Wrong again, LOL. You see, they know you place your stop there, they will pick it up and make money, and let the market go where she meant to go.

Attachments

• StThomasApostle.jpg
    StThomasApostle.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 269
Wrong again, LOL. You see, they know you place your stop there, they will pick it up and make money, and let the market go where she mean to go.

I know that they know that I know that they know. The stop was not hit in any case. The stop eating monster is not very hungry today. No care, I took the cookie away.

Everyone's an expert when seeing trends on the left side of the chart. Can anyone do it for the right hand side where all the free pips are ?

Easy, peasy :) You just make an assumption from what you've seen on the left. When your assumption plays out, you win. When it doesn't you lose (but don't lose too much.