How do these people read and post so quick

FAIL

Reread the thread and see if you still want to stand by that part of your post.

The point I'm making is about how good members are being treated. The actual post was noting of consequence so no big deal, but the spammers who violate 50% of the guidelines here get weeks worth of consideration before finally getting the ax while a good member gets only about 1.5 seconds of consideration.

Peter

Peter

I was asked by Rob to housekeep the thread so I did - then someone reported I'd missed one, so yours went too. It's hardly a big deal is it.

jon

I can see that if no-one reported the sig-link then it may sit around although nowdays someone is pretty quick to report it. They also had around four usernames as well in the above example.

because there's no proactive approach, it's all reactive and relying heavily on post reporting, as per my example if there's no post report, there's no finding and removal of the problem.

a recent (not very good or on topic example I admit) from today is what looks like to me the removal of posts from jdougan there may be a post report on this guy or not which caused the posts to disappear, I don't know. but for sure the guy is packing sig links, is not banned, maybe infracted? but looks free to post and when they do there's going to be a couple of ad links irking the members further. it's going to wait until the next time he posts and a report waited for before anything is done.

Attachments

• jdougan.PNG
    jdougan.PNG
    19 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
because there's no proactive approach, it's all reactive and relying heavily on post reporting, as per my example if there's no post report, there's no finding and removal of the problem.

It's proactive when mods are about, LM. You know as well as anyone than when you've not been about for a few days or more there's hundreds and hundreds of posts come through since you were last on. I, for one, am not prepared to go through the tedious and time consuming chore of looking at them all, so if there's been no reports I assume all is well.

In any event I really don't understand why people get their knickers in such a twist about them. No-one is forced to open the damn link same as no-one is forced to buy a rotten apple sitting in the apple box. The greengrocer doesn't want rotten apples in his box though, so it's nice to let him know one's there.

FWIW some forums disabled "signatures" entirely ...

It's proactive when mods are about, LM. You know as well as anyone than when you've not been about for a few days or more there's hundreds and hundreds of posts come through since you were last on. I, for one, am not prepared to go through the tedious and time consuming chore of looking at them all, so if there's been no reports I assume all is well.

In any event I really don't understand why people get their knickers in such a twist about them. No-one is forced to open the damn link same as no-one is forced to buy a rotten apple sitting in the apple box. The greengrocer doesn't want rotten apples in his box though, so it's nice to let him know one's there.

that's true mate, and agreed it all does take time I know, and I know you can be away for long periods. but what then were others doing while you were away? and the strange new nics you see when you do log back in that they've left for you? do you not ever think to yourself, hmm not seen that nic before, maybe i'll take a quick look?

though we are talking here of an example from early this morning. someone looks to have done something, and by the look at least removed the post(s) which solved in part the main issue. member and links all gone now I see (y)

agreed nobody is forced to click the links, but they do click them, or they do get taken in by a pm. but that's not the whole issue re the current complaint re this thread about these posts, which often end up sig carrier posts, or other copy/pasted posts, or posts carrying hidden links and other hidden stuff.

:idea: no post padding, it that still a rule? if it is still there and not lost, then maybe you could simply use that rule to combat these problems? be able to nip it in the bud before it gets to being a problem. it's all relevant and connected to this thread. members notice things, it irks them even though it may not seem at the time a big deal to admin/mods, they notice and complain.

being proactive in reducing member complaints is surely worth looking at? my immediate thoughts are that if there are more reports now than ever, as alluded to by t333, then it follows that posts/links aren't being spotted and cleared at a quick enough rate.

that's true mate, and agreed it all does take time I know, and I know you can be away for long periods. but what then were others doing while you were away? and the strange new nics you see when you do log back in that they've left for you? do you not ever think to yourself, hmm not seen that nic before, maybe i'll take a quick look?

though we are talking here of an example from early this morning. someone looks to have done something, and by the look at least removed the post(s) which solved in part the main issue. member and links all gone now I see (y)

agreed nobody is forced to click the links, but they do click them, or they do get taken in by a pm. but that's not the whole issue re the current complaint re this thread about these posts, which often end up sig carrier posts, or other copy/pasted posts, or posts carrying hidden links and other hidden stuff.

:idea: no post padding, it that still a rule? if it is still there and not lost, then maybe you could simply use that rule to combat these problems? be able to nip it in the bud before it gets to being a problem. it's all relevant and connected to this thread. members notice things, it irks them even though it may not seem at the time a big deal to admin/mods, they notice and complain.

being proactive in reducing member complaints is surely worth looking at? my immediate thoughts are that if there are more reports now than ever, as alluded to by t333, then it follows that posts/links aren't being spotted and cleared at a quick enough rate.

Of course, all those sort of looks you say, but things are bound to get missed. What members don't see is the barrel loads of stuff consigned to the scrapheap before most of them get a chance to see them.

Of course, all those sort of looks you say, but things are bound to get missed. What members don't see is the barrel loads of stuff consigned to the scrapheap before most of them get a chance to see them.

yes mate, I can imagine the size of the heap! :D

anyways, having now looked at the posting guidelines, there seems plenty of rules to at least keep the chumps under some sort of control. the rules taken as a whole don't appear to lack bite?

1.4 Don't post just to increase your post count.

1.6 Do not spam. This is posting forum messages that offer no significant value to the topic. Most of these kinds of posts are just single-word posts that have no meaning or value whatsoever.

1.7 Keep your posts related to the topic of the thread. Irrelevant posts, particularly those which are intended to take the thread completely off topic, will be moved to a new thread, or may be removed altogether.

1.9 Don't post the same message more than once, in different forums.

and yes, agreed, they have to be spotted to deal with them.

FWIW some forums disabled "signatures" entirely ...

The problem has already been pointed out, no one from t2ws management team is remotely proactive.

They are wide open to black hat type abuse, and if the fortunes of the business can be reversed it'll get a lot worse !

About 2 weeks ago I reported a vendor including links in his signature. The mods sorted it and the links where removed. The next day the vendor included links directly in his post !

iIRC there's a rule that says no links in signatures (for obvious reasons) but no rule that says no links in posts, so those posts remained.

You have mods who don't impose the rules at all, some who impose the rules to the letter of the law, and one who by his own admission does not follow procedure but ban spammers instantly. Hardly consistency is it ?

This whole issue of vendors has destroyed a once thriving community, and still no one takes the issue seriously.

The problem has already been pointed out, no one from t2ws management team is remotely proactive.

They are wide open to black hat type abuse, and if the fortunes of the business can be reversed it'll get a lot worse !

About 2 weeks ago I reported a vendor including links in his signature. The mods sorted it and the links where removed. The next day the vendor included links directly in his post !

iIRC there's a rule that says no links in signatures (for obvious reasons) but no rule that says no links in posts, so those posts remained.

You have mods who don't impose the rules at all, some who impose the rules to the letter of the law, and one who by his own admission does not follow procedure but ban spammers instantly. Hardly consistency is it ?

This whole issue of vendors has destroyed a once thriving community, and still no one takes the issue seriously.

talking of the vendor issue. there's a previously multi banned chap stalking his prey right now. actually, I'm warming to the fellow. creates good value and certainly persistent if nothing else (y)

talking of the vendor issue. there's a previously multi banned chap stalking his prey right now. actually, I'm warming to the fellow. is good value and certainly persistent if nothing else (y)

I know, what does have to do, post a big red flashing sign with each post to get anyone's attention ?

I'm developing a soft spot for him to. I do admire his persistence and tenacity, its a pity it can't be redirected to a more worthwhile cause

:LOL:

I'm developing a soft spot for him to. I do admire his persistence and tenacity, its a pity it can't be redirected to a more worthwhile cause.
Ever thought of following your own excellent advice, the hare?
:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

I know, what does have to do, post a big red flashing sign with each post to get anyone's attention ?

I'm developing a soft spot for him to. I do admire his persistence and tenacity, its a pity it can't be redirected to a more worthwhile cause

:LOL:

with a post count currently running at "15.17" posts per day, it was in the 20's at one point, it's on one hand not easy to understand why it's been missed, what with all that activity from him.

though on the other, and in the mod's defence. I recall, to my shame, I once missed a vital easy clue which allowed the rascal free to run riot, where he left a trail of a wrecked thread, upset a member or two big time, complaints to admin, etc etc. so it isn't easy.

with a post count currently running at "15.17" posts per day, it was in the 20's at one point, it's on one hand not easy to understand why it's been missed, what with all that activity from him.

though on the other, and in the mod's defence. I recall, to my shame, I once missed a vital easy clue which allowed the rascal free to run riot, where he left a trail of a wrecked thread, upset a member or two big time, complaints to admin, etc etc. so it isn't easy.

Who is it? Give us a clue.

Who is it? Give us a clue.

but it'll spoil the fun :cheesy:

last time there was an in thread accusation of identity it was flat out denied by admin as not possible. after some protest and weight of member opinion I believe this position relented and it was found to be "him". good enough clue?

Not to me, I'm the new guy on the block, here! You can send it by PM if you want. Or not, if that's a challenge. :p

EDIT: nvm, I've had an eye on that guy since he started posting. I'm just waiting for him to slip up, tbh, which he hasn't yet. :p

Last edited:
Not to me, I'm the new guy on the block, here! You can send it by PM if you want. Or not, if that's a challenge. :p

EDIT: nvm, I've had an eye on that guy since he started posting. I'm just waiting for him to slip up, tbh, which he hasn't yet. :p

Slip up? You mean like breaking some guidelines? Yeah, that's already happened.

Such as? I've seen nothing incriminating in any of his posts, or his profile.