How do I avoid today's disaster?

tonegawa

This morning, I had a market entry order: "sell EUR/USD at 1.32250"

Unfortunately, I forgot that today is the first Friday of the month, so the latest US economic data were released.

The unemployment news made the USD fall everywhere :(

Where could I have watched/read these news, in real time?

This morning, I had a market entry order: "sell EUR/USD at 1.32250"

Unfortunately, I forgot that today is the first Friday of the month, so the latest US economic data were released.

The unemployment news made the USD fall everywhere :(

Where could I have watched/read these news, in real time?

Before you trade every day look at the calendar on www.forexfactory.com so you know in advance what news is coming up. Free sources like Bloomberg TV announce the news but they seem to be delayed a few seconds. You can get something like RAN Squawk that gives you the numbers live but to be honest it would probably be a waste of money unless you are a news trader. Better to just stay out around the time of big news items.

No disrespect, but honestly, if you don't know that already, should you be putting your money at risk?
Bloomberg TV, CNBC TV are fast with that sort of news.
If you want a web site, then briefing.com or the web sites of those TV stations.
Be careful out there !
Richard

No disrespect, but honestly, if you don't know that already, should you be putting your money at risk?
Bloomberg TV, CNBC TV are fast with that sort of news.
If you want a web site, then briefing.com or the web sites of those TV stations.
Be careful out there !
Richard

Obviously, I'm still using a demo account. :D

Thanks for the information. But what I meant was the live streaming of these first Friday of the month announcements.

Is there any (govern) website with this service?

Yes, there is a source as Mr. Charts has mentioned - www.briefing.com

They provide live, streaming news on U.S. and international markets, including economic data.

Interesting links, but I think that for now I'll just avoid trading on these Fridays.

I'll just read news and restart trading when everything is calmer.

i forgot about the news today, even though it popped...im pretty pissed i forgot about something like that

Last edited:
ransquawk free account is better than Forex factory imo. You don't have to keep hitting the tw@ting refresh and you get news too. Bit of a delay but you get what you pay for.

Just trade with a serious broker, you'll get calendar and real-time news for free.

What are you going to do when unexpected news comes out old chum?

Tell me , I am dying to know.I just take the hits or profits ,or join the direction of price and hit the market harder , or twist and turn faster than everyone or like a mercenary.I COULD FOLLOW A STATIC SYSTEM LIKE YOU.