How difficult is it to make $150 a day?

Right on! It's just that easy!

I just sold of the prev days high as shown in chart which was also top of a 60 min t/l

On an account of £500( i trade off a little more) at £2 pp,ive taken 1/2 off at + 22, and moved the rest to b/e
This has given me 2% and a free trade that is looking good
its that easy

I'm new here. I tried forex with liitle success. I stumbled onto this system that I have been following for a month that is just making pips like crazy. i thought it was forex because it was trading the Euro. I like it because it is sooooo simple and tight stops. With this system it is easy to make $150 per day. Tougher on one lot but doable. Check it out :
I have no financial interest in this I am just so happy I found it.

another good way to earn $150 dollars per day is to live/spend in a place where this equates to earning around 90 EUR per day....makes things a bit easier. it does mean you have to work some odd hours, but hey, you can always go skiing/surfing/hiking/fishing (etc etc..) to fill in the time during the days.....;)

Sure, but then get the lifestyle of 90 euros per day where the euros can be spent. Actually, it's a lot more fun making much more than that.

another good way to earn $150 dollars per day is to live/spend in a place where this equates to earning around 90 EUR per day....makes things a bit easier. it does mean you have to work some odd hours, but hey, you can always go skiing/surfing/hiking/fishing (etc etc..) to fill in the time during the days.....;)

Sure, but then get the lifestyle of 90 euros per day where the euros can be spent. Actually, it's a lot more fun making much more than that.

sure - well you could net 10k EUR per day, which would equate to 17k NZD...even better. The point is that it's quite handy if you earn in a currency more valuable than the one in which you consume/spend..

Last edited:
I don't trade the E-mini. Simply put, you can answer your question for yourself by answering the following questions:
1. Do I have a methodology in place that I persoanlly know is the best around?
2. Do I have safe and practical margining skills?
3. Do I keep level headed even in the most heated times.

The grade you give yourself in those areas is your answer. I'll also give you something on both sides of the spectrum to look for. You better score better than average on all 3 of those questions, because 90% of all traders fail, and you will be one of them if you have a low score in any one of those departments. The other side will give you something to look forward to. I make a lot more than that. But, it is experience and paying the price for what it took to be an excellent trader. It comes from a better than average understanding of how the markets work. You have to be better than average in order to succeed, because you will also be in the upper 10% of all traders if you make it. There is no need to apologize when you reach the upper echelons. You will have a good time at the bank.
BTW, through what you have written, you seem to have done much of your due diligence already, therefore, you are off to a good start. Don't leave your demo trading until you know you are ready to go.

I forgot to mention in my original post. When I say is it difficult to make $150 trading 1 contract. I don't mean all in 1 trade but in many trades, like 10-15 in a day, surely it's not too difficult or is it?

In practice, on 2 or 3 contracts - I don't find it difficult at all.
Neither do I find winning consistently difficult.

I trade economic announcements, so I don't trade very day though, but my monthly averages are always very good.

I think that focusing on a daily target is a mistake - it's about coming out on top over time, such as a monthly time period.

I find the S&P500 emini is an absolute pleasure to trade. Almost a gift from above.

It's just about doing what works, and doing it over and over again.
Unfortunately most traders don't know what works - now finding that is the hard part.

trade-es-20101020.jpg

Don't leave your demo trading until you know you are ready to go.

The problem is that demo trading doesn't involve the same emotions as live trading. You can paper trade your way to $millions, but it's no guarantee that you can make the same good decisions when playing with real money.

My advice would be to get stuck in with live trading with small stakes, get a feel for it, and see how you handle yourself when you make losses.

The problem is that demo trading doesn't involve the same emotions as live trading. You can paper trade your way to $millions, but it's no guarantee that you can make the same good decisions when playing with real money.

My advice would be to get stuck in with live trading with small stakes, get a feel for it, and see how you handle yourself when you make losses.

Paper trading can be have a VERY positive impact. It all depends on how you treat it. keep averaging down on your position at 6 different locations ending with 50 contracts just to close it for a 6k profit.... not a good paper trading technique. Treat it as real money and you will save yourself some of it.

Track your paper trades very strictly as if they were live. If you have a loss due to something that you're sure you wouldn't have done live, don't omit it, record it and learn from it. You would only be kidding yourself if you didn't.

Doing this will help a great deal, and if you don't have the discipline to treat papaer trading as if it were real, then you might not be able to develop the discipline required for live trading.

Track your paper trades very strictly as if they were live. If you have a loss due to something that you're sure you wouldn't have done live, don't omit it, record it and learn from it. You would only be kidding yourself if you didn't.

Doing this will help a great deal, and if you don't have the discipline to treat paper trading as if it were real, then you might not be able to develop the discipline required for live trading.

I think that is a very good point...while i think it is ok to start out on a Sim with the intention of testing a few different things out and finding out what works for you best, at some point you need to define your set-ups and be able to consistently make ticks treating the Sim exactly how you intend on trading live, until you are starting to execute your set-ups instinctively....

depending on what you are using to simulate trading you can get an incorrect feel for your fills...ie ThinkorSwim has instant fills for papertrading. This in particular does not work for scalping.

"Averaging" $150 profit per day is harder than it sounds for sure. Some days are very choppy while others are within a range and yet some are trending. Knowing how to trade or even knowing when not to trade these conditions will come from papertrading and tracking your progress.

I myself am still learning the trade but I do know "from experience" that you should not trade real money until you feel you are truly ready.

Infinity Futures has a really great simulator, because price has to move 1 tick past you to fill your order, while on the live platform you are usually filled if price just touches your order, because their orders go direct to CME. I was considering changing to Infinity, but my current broker just offered me $300 margin for S&P e-minis, so I'm unsure now.

Infinity Futures has a really great simulator, because price has to move 1 tick past you to fill your order, while on the live platform you are usually filled if price just touches your order, because their orders go direct to CME. I was considering changing to Infinity, but my current broker just offered me $300 margin for S&P e-minis, so I'm unsure now.

Unfortunately I have grown accustomed to the look and feel of TOS and even though I hear the fills are better with Infinity I don't know if I can switch. It's like a racecar driver jumping in a car that wasn't built around them, yes he can drive it but will his performance be the same?

Unfortunately I have grown accustomed to the look and feel of TOS and even though I hear the fills are better with Infinity I don't know if I can switch. It's like a racecar driver jumping in a car that wasn't built around them, yes he can drive it but will his performance be the same?

What platform are you using?

I'm not sure about Infinity - they don't publish their commissions on the website and when I emailed them to find out what they were I got the following reply...

"The commotion would start at $4.80 round turn per contract inclusive of all fees". Commotion!!! :LOL: